Sign in to follow this  
Drathmar K

Defender packs

Well today I was looking at the costumes and realized for my Dryad I only had 2 outfits, so I broke down and bought the 10x mythic bundle. See if my luck fared any better than before, who knows maybe they'd fixed the loot table

and..... Silly me I was thinking it was a "Mythic Costume Pack" not a "Orc Junk Chest"

Much to my dismay... it seems somehow worse than i imagined...almost no costume pieces... but tons of Pets, Pet re rolls and ingredients? The to top it off, I just get 750k for duplicate items. So out of 30-40 item RNG I get 10 new pets, almost 20 ingredients, 5 duplicate items, and 5 new items

I know you can randomly/seldomly get them from onslaught... but that's just a waste of real world $$$, I don't see myself ever buying those again.

Yeah...I get you, bought 10x powerful packs and insta-regret too. And whoa, 10 mythical chest and horrible luck? Damn.

Def packs is something that's gotta be reworked. It's no use even if it drops more at onslaught if there are still so many dupes as the downside of it (which is not being worth our money) is still there.

As I mentioned before, a solution could be having the dupes gives a unique currency instead of gold. The unique currency could be used to buy stuff that's only available from def packs. Which probably makes the dupes worth something.

Personally I think Pets, pet re-rolls, and pet regents should all be removed from the pack's loot table.

Those things aren't anything special and can easily be obtained through other consumables.

As far as the costume/flair, Not sure why Dupes are even on it, it would be fairly easy to remove items you already own from loot tables, or give the player a free re-roll or 2 on dupes.

Or make two kinds, "defend packs" and "defender costume packs" and the costume packs "ONLY" has costumes and not the other junk

There's so much flair and other random pieces that even if you removed out dupes, you'd still need alot of defender packs to get everything.

Overall, I'd rather just have EVERYTHING available at the costume shop in town.... that is what it was there for... right? Then I could PICK the costumes I actually want, and people who don't want to spend $ can try thier luck at these defender packs.

This thread is a prime example of how the current pack system is completely broken. Someone actually paid real $$$ in hopes of getting anything cool, and walked away vowing to never do that again. I had the EXACT same experience doing that. If that is how your customers come away from a purchase, then as a retailer of a product - complete and utter fail. 

My wife and I were debating getting a few defender packs for all three of us, daughter included.  After reading this thread I think we'll wait to spend money when it's been fixed / made worth while.

@Kambien quote:

My wife and I were debating getting a few defender packs for all three of us, daughter included.  After reading this thread I think we'll wait to spend money when it's been fixed / made worth while.

You can get them for free playing Onslaught on floors you have not beaten. Plus, this way if you get any repeats - you will hopefully not be as upset about that fact as you were not out any real $$$. For most of us that have opened a fair bit of these packs already - they are full of a lot of repeats and stuff you don't want, like pets. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Kambien quote:

You can get them for free playing Onslaught on floors you have not beaten. Plus, this way if you get any repeats - you will hopefully not be as upset about that fact as you were not out any real $$$. For most of us that have opened a fair bit of these packs already - they are full of a lot of repeats and stuff you don't want, like pets. 

Yes, for my wife and daughter it's great.  For myself, I wish I saw more packs >.<

@Drathmar K quote:

Personally I think Pets, pet re-rolls, and pet regents should all be removed from the pack's loot table.

Those things aren't anything special and can easily be obtained through other consumables.

Yeah, I agree on the obtainables. Really disappointing when they appear out of a def packs.

However, def packs does give unobtainable pets, like Pixiebell or Madwick. So those, I would support them being in def packs

Also, def packs do give premium pets. I'm ok with those too.

Got a lot of money for Christmas, thought I would get good luck and get everything I was missing since, I wasn't missing much, bought 60+ Mythical Defenders packs, realized I got practically nothing, started building up an inimaginable hatred for lootboxes.

This is my stance on those 'Defenders Packs'. The worst thing about them is that they don't reward players with huge collections of costumes, or simply players who pay for them. They're simply just not rewarding enough for you to pay, and that's bad, not only that but they're pretty overpriced (if I recall, almost the same amount of gems for a Mythical Defenders Pack for a Vault)

As for the idea of 'everything available in shop', I'd say that's what I would totally love to see, I was fine with the previous system of buying stuff for gems, and getting them for sure 100% instead of having to pretty much gamble to either get gold from duplicates which honestly isn't that great or some ***ty pets that aren't even legendary or only those cool premium pets like G4T0 or the ninja shuriken kitty. The lootboxes should just stay free and obtainable in Onslaught, and only that.

EDIT: Also, REALLY, REALLY despise Trendy for actually adding more drops to those (new flairs) when the Barbarian came out. They should've waited out for a time when they actually fixed them instead of ruining a lot of other players who may pay for them.

tldr: I agree wholeheartly with your post. I hope for you that you get perhaps a refund on those or something along the lines of that, tho I wouldn't bet on it since I didn't get one, neither did a lot of players who got those. (I wish for them to get refunded on those, really, REALLY do).

We are aware of some of the feedback regarding Defender Packs and are looking into the best ways to address this feedback. There's a lot of research that went into creating them, so any change made to them is a lot more in-depth than some may think.

@Lawlta quote:

We are aware of some of the feedback regarding Defender Packs and are looking into the best ways to address this feedback. There's a lot of research that went into creating them, so any change made to them is a lot more in-depth than some may think.

How 'in-depth' are they?

More ;)

@Succ the Fabled quote:

@Lawlta quote:

How 'in-depth' are they?

@Succ the Fabled quote:
@Lawlta quote:

How 'in-depth' are they?

The calculations alone take a couple minutes to process.

Maybe something to consider: What if they had a chance to drop cosmetics you don't have? 

Mythical: 100%

Blue: 25%

Green: 10%

There's a much longer post to be made about this, and so I made it into its own thread (as I've been wanting to for a while.) For starters, yes, I agree wholeheartedly. This needs to be addressed, and sadly we see very few posts about it.