Sign in to follow this  
papafhill

Forgot Reward Chest, Pressed G Too Soon

So, this keeps happening to me, and it pisses me off I can't go back.  So I've forgotten the chest at the end of beating a map, and I press G and realize I forgot... Simple solution: IF Chest is un-open, prompt player "You are forgetting the chest, idiot!" and give us the option to purposefully skip it, or to go back and get it.

They don't, not for me anyway.  And I've lost out on a number of Chaos III and IV shards because of it.  It should be noted that the Scavenger does get the loot from the chests. However, the shards he does not get.

I've never seen a chest open automatically... I would agree though. With all the other loot strewn about the map, especially on wave 5 - it does seem silly that this small subset of loot is in a box that you must wait for it to spawn and open it to get it. I would love to have it auto-open on the end of the map, and have my bag auto collect it. Why have auto collect if you force me to open a chest? Seems to just add time watching that animation. 

Love the auto-collect idea, but disagree with the implementation side of it.  I think, kill the scavenger off, and simply let the Defender's bag auto-collect, maybe with some designation in their bag that shows them it was something they missed from not opening the chest.

I only say NAY to the auto-open concept on the chests because it is the excitement of manually opening the chest that Trendy chose it to happen this way.  It is like Diablo 3, when the Devs said they are making players manually identify items at no cost, in favor over just auto-identifying, because it is the excitement of seeing an unknown item roll the stats before your eyes!

@papafhill quote:

Love the auto-collect idea, but disagree with the implementation side of it.  I think, kill the scavenger off, and simply let the Defender's bag auto-collect, maybe with some designation in their bag that shows them it was something they missed from not opening the chest.

I only say NAY to the auto-open concept on the chests because it is the excitement of manually opening the chest that Trendy chose it to happen this way.  It is like Diablo 3, when the Devs said they are making players manually identify items at no cost, in favor over just auto-identifying, because it is the excitement of seeing an unknown item roll the stats before your eyes!

I would go along with the thrill of opening the chest - if what inside was thrilling. The vast majority of the time everything on the battlefield is considerably more valuable than anything i ever get in a chest. The only items of value i ever pull from chests are shard packs, weapons on incursions, and the occasional legendary pet egg (back when i did not have that pet - but that is over now). Oh, and i will add that was a real thrill when def packs used to drop on prev. beaten floors. but now....NOW.....now it's all junk. I have most of all the shards i need, i have zero need for pets, and i have better weapons than i can get from chests. So...

https://youtu.be/oica5jG7FpU

[[18530,users]] [[56743,users]]

I wasnt saying what was supposed to have happened.  I was saying that what Trendy should implement is an auto-opening chest.

@Jaws_420 quote:

I would go along with the thrill of opening the chest - if what inside was thrilling. 

Agreed.

The auto loot feature kills the need to find and identify interesting gear.  That all happens in the inventory.  

All this could be said about D3's identify item ability.  Once you get to a certain point, of course 99.99% of items will warrant a, "meh..." response, with the remaining 0.01% being, "Oh, finally, something different and marginally better."  I'm most of the way through the Chaos Trials and when I get a legendary chest, even a mythical chest, I get giddy.  Will it be the blockade Tower HP relic I need?  Or maybe a new cannon for my EV?

Just because you have, in all intents and purposes, beat the game, does not mean you can say chests should open automatically.  However, I would think a toggle for this feature would be a nice add-in for once you beat the last tier of the Chaos Trials.  I think at that point you can pretty much say that 75% of Legendary chest contents will give the aforementioned, "Meh..." response.

As for all gameplay prior to that point, I would say a solution is needed so the Defender doesn't miss out on any shards that might have been very beneficial, just because they accidentally pressed G too soon.