Sign in to follow this  
uzar

Controlled burn only lanes�erkers

Cry0_,

Lawlta said no such thing, he only said they were investigating that's it.  If the oil should still apply then they should activate snaking sands and be stunned(not slowed), geyser trap and be knocked up and drenched,  and at least activate the other traps in the game.  As it stands now the only traps that have any effect on them at all are dryad traps.  All other traps I've tried against them they completely ignore(walk over and the trap does not trigger).  

If  Trendy wants to maintain continuity and have the same rules apply to all trap type defenses then either bezerkers should take no damage and no effects from any trap, take damage but not effects from all traps, or take damage and effects (except slow) from all traps.  If they want to keep dryad traps working the way they were they need to change the name from trap to something else since they do not behave like all other traps.  Most likely it is a long standing bug that has not been addressed till now.  A bug the community has used and exploited for a long time and will be very resistant to being fixed.  

Let's stay focused guys. Slimes do damage to beserkers unless they are controlled burn. Obviously they didnt' "Fix random bug." They fixed the slime slowing zerkers (which they specifically said they intended to do) but broke 3 things, which are listed above. 

Traps damage beserkers. 

@Duk420 quote:

Cry0_,

Lawlta said no such thing, he only said they were investigating that's it.  If the oil should still apply then they should activate snaking sands and be stunned(not slowed), geyser trap and be knocked up and drenched,  and at least activate the other traps in the game.  As it stands now the only traps that have any effect on them at all are dryad traps.  All other traps I've tried against them they completely ignore(walk over and the trap does not trigger).  

If  Trendy wants to maintain continuity and have the same rules apply to all trap type defenses then either bezerkers should take no damage and no effects from any trap, take damage but not effects from all traps, or take damage and effects (except slow) from all traps.  If they want to keep dryad traps working the way they were they need to change the name from trap to something else since they do not behave like all other traps.  Most likely it is a long standing bug that has not been addressed till now.  A bug the community has used and exploited for a long time and will be very resistant to being fixed.  

Yes he did lol. This is him stating that slimes should still oil, before the patch dropped. 

Screen_Shot_2018-05-03_at_10.15.55_PM.pn

This is him being surprised that Berserkers were not being oiled by slime pits. 

Screen_Shot_2018-05-03_at_10.18.30_PM.pn

This is him saying that they're looking into fixing this, making the oil and the slow not tied together so that slimes/oil geysers still oil but don't slow berserkers. 

Screen_Shot_2018-05-03_at_10.09.33_PM.pn

I don't see an issue, as the order follows:

1. Was told something before we released it, relayed that information (Discord). 
  2. Turns out that information was wrong after hearing player feedback (Discord).
  3. Posted that we were looking into based on posts from two different platforms (Forums).
  4. Responded to someone pinging me on mobile the information I had on hand (Discord).
  5. Saw the Discord image posted here, didn't reiterate information that was posted.
  6. Ate lunch (Stomach).
  7. Confirming the information that was posted here from a Discord screenshot (Forums).

It's something that is going to take some investigating. Right now we are dealing with a couple big issues that appeared with this recent patch, and then are getting right back into next big update stuff. As said in the Discord screenshot, splitting oiled and slow is something we are going to be very careful with.

Do you have a sense when this will be fixed? The cb zerks are a little bad, but the frost mobs are really really bad. Just thinking about high volume frosty fodder CB lanes gave me cancer :| 

Maybe there's some slight exaggeration there at the end, but still.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Do you have a sense when this will be fixed? The cb zerks are a little bad, but the frost mobs are really really bad. Just thinking about high volume frosty fodder CB lanes gave me cancer :| 

Maybe there's some slight exaggeration there at the end, but still.

It'll probably be with our next big update.

That said, the Explosive Poison shard was fixed with our most recent patch.