Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Patch 2.4 Preview: The Sky City Bank!

ow6yaljTLhkx6j5COEaLZ_razRb0-an1Izw8iSS0

Greetings Defenders,

Today, there’s some big news to unveil in our upcoming patch —  the Sky City Bank is making its way to Dragonfall! We are releasing a new way to manage your inventory, a request many of you have made, in anticipation for our upcoming new features. We are currently still hard at work on these and are not ready to unveil them just quite yet. For now, let’s talk about the new ship that is going to be coming to a marketplace near you!

Sky City Bank

The Sky City Bank is a new way to manage the many items you come across during your adventures in Etheria! It’s accessible only in town, located right behind the Emporium. When using the bank, you are presented with Vaults to store your items. Each Vault contains 64 slots, the same amount as inventory bags, giving a lot of additional storage. You even receive one FREE Vault with the update!

Load Time Improvements

This release contains some amazing optimizations that are going to greatly impact a lot of Defenders. Our Associate Producer, Elandrian, mentioned this in a tweet last week describing the impact applied toward one user’s account.

We aren’t announcing the release just yet, but it is not very far away! For additional sources regarding announcements and updates, give us a follow on Twitter or like us on Facebook (also you can get some awesome Apprentice and Monk costumes by doing so).

For Etheria!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

Hi, Yes, I would like to pre-order 50 units please. Yes, I do have a credit card. No, I don't care what the cost is just GIMME MOAR SPACE

Can't wait!  I have max bags (including the pet and bag from the bundle) and I have most of it filled up...

Sounds great, can't wait for more info.  

I wonder how many total vaults we can have, and i really hope we can move more than 1 item at a time. 

I am hoping they implement a way to know if when you get an item, whether or not you already have that item in a bag, equipped, or in a vault. Otherwise I'd be tempted to carry more than i should to spot duplicates. 

Wait...where is the Gary Busey voiceover and the Arby's themed tower skins???

Some very nice improvements.  Can't wait.  

Does the sky bank pay interest?  I can hardly wait to see what my 67 DCD shards will earn me!

@Lawlta quote:

Load Time Improvements

This release contains some amazing optimizations that are going to greatly impact a lot of Defenders. 

Hello, LawIta, this title got my atention 120 % ... and i want to be sure i understand corectly ... Time Load Improvement means when i enter the game and click "Go to Town" this loading takes 30 to 40 seconds for me (i counted with a Stop Watch and i have very good specs on my computer), but sometimes it can take 60 seconds .... and creating a new game is also slow ... 

Do you mean those Loading Time Improvements or others ?

Since we are resetting, I am not sure if more space right now is such a desired addition, it is surely is for people who do not want to spend money to get extra bags. 

Could this extra space mean, we are getting also a way to keep our most best drops between playthroughs and resets?

@specialK quote:

Since we are resetting, I am not sure if more space right now is such a desired addition, it is surely is for people who do not want to spend money to get extra bags. 

Could this extra space mean, we are getting also a way to keep our most best drops between playthroughs and resets?

That's a good joke....or troll, I really don't know which.

Do you know how absolutely broken "immunity to rollback" gear would be?

Finish Floor 65 take off all c7 gear, put in vault, hit reset button, put c7 gear back on and run one c7 and grats you are back at floor 55 15 mins after you reset.

@Exglint quote:

@specialK quote:

That's a good joke....or troll, I really don't know which.

Do you know how absolutely broken "immunity to rollback" gear would be?

Finish Floor 65 take off all c7 gear, put in vault, hit reset button, put c7 gear back on and run one c7 and grats you are back at floor 55 15 mins after you reset.

Sorry, no, I am not talking about that.

I was talking for something like that, but I do not know if people agree

(Except for the people that have said they do)

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153273/my-issue-with-the-game-at-its-current-ancient-power-state-a-suggestion-fix

yeah forget it. Maybe it's a bad idea

The way to implement that would be a lockbox that you store your item(s) in. Lockbox unlocks after beating 65 again. 

I think it would be helpful for easily switching between the 2 endgames (pushing high floors and min resets). This along with jumping up to highest completed after 65 would also help. 

Actually, if we are getting an itemization re-work, then the lockboxes would probably be 1000x more necessary. Now you're not just looking for a handful of decent medallions, you need them also to have some other particular stats. Then great items would be rarer by an order of magnitude. Obv, this depends on a lot of details we dont' have.

@BeerGoggles quote:

The way to implement that would be a lockbox that you store your item(s) in. Lockbox unlocks after beating 65 again. 

I think it would be helpful for easily switching between the 2 endgames (pushing high floors and min resets). This along with jumping up to highest completed after 65 would also help. 

Actually, if we are getting an itemization re-work, then the lockboxes would probably be 1000x more necessary. Now you're not just looking for a handful of decent medallions, you need them also to have some other particular stats. Then great items would be rarer by an order of magnitude. Obv, this depends on a lot of details we dont' have.

Yes something like that to gradually be able to use them. You will have to go through the grind again, not be able to be max level from the get go. Just a way to keep your most rarer drops

As the game currently exists, I do not understand what value the bank would provide.  What am I missing?

You are not missing anything, it will most likely be a shard storage.

@Tarius quote:

As the game currently exists, I do not understand what value the bank would provide.  What am I missing?

Trendy said they want to make items more interesting. Hopefully that's included in this update

@Tarius quote:

@Tarius quote:

All depends on what type of player you are.  Are you new ? It's effectively a free bag to hold items. Are you a seasoned alpha ? It could free up an entire bag of those rare seasonal items from years back. They're giving us 64 more inventory slots free out the door, without question that is value. Thank you Trendy.

@Krro quote:

You are not missing anything, it will most likely be a shard storage.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Trendy said they want to make items more interesting. Hopefully that's included in this update

@Lagmonster quote:

All depends on what type of player you are.  Are you new ? It's effectively a free bag to hold items. Are you a seasoned alpha ? It could free up an entire bag of those rare seasonal items from years back. They're giving us 64 more inventory slots free out the door, without question that is value. Thank you Trendy.

I've been around since alpha.  I have full bags, and they are mostly empty.  

If all it was achieving is giving players more inventory space, I still do not see the point of a Bank.

If the point was to offset load times by removing items from the player and placing them in the Bank (so the system only had to load those unimportant items when accessing the bank, instead of every single map)..... there would need to be a strong reason to place said-items in the bank beyond performance gains for a player.

The bank is only accessible in town.  So you would want to house anything important in your immediate inventory.  If you change up defense shards or had different hero-gear for an alternative spec, you'd want all of that gear in your active inventory.  Otherwise, you would need to leave your map... return to town.. change your gear... then return to the previous map (if still available) -or- restart whatever game-mode you were in previously.

Quote from the stream: 

"The Sky City bank is going to be very very important when it comes to dealing with all the other stuff that's coming and you'll want to take advantage of it."

Could be lockboxes (discussed earlier), trading or itemization re-work (my best guess), or something else entirely.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Quote from the stream: 

"The Sky City bank is going to be very very important when it comes to dealing with all the other stuff that's coming and you'll want to take advantage of it."

Could be lockboxes (discussed earlier), trading or itemization re-work (my best guess), or something else entirely.

Man, that sound quite nice. Will be interesting to see what's the new stuffs going to be for the bank to be that important! :D

@BeerGoggles quote:

Lest hope that they NEVER add trading to the game.   If they do then there will surely be a repeat of DD1 where you have a game list full of gold sellers and nothing else.

@specialK quote:

I'm on the same wavelength.  Ascension resets purged most of the gear I was carrying.  Shards being placed on the characters rather than the items purged even more.  Having purchased max bags, I'm not sure that this vault will do anything for me....unless it allows drops to be kept through ascension.  If that's the case...woohoo....and boo.   Woohoo, you'll get to keep that perfect roll.  Boo, I deleted those perfect rolls when I ascended.

Anyway, more space after two ways to reduce what we're carrying.  Interesting.

pretty simple from my POV.

They mentioned in the past when they did the last big inventory revamp they couldnt expand inventory more due to code/database restraints.

Right now everything in your inventory including the number of characters you have add to your load time for each map.

Right now I have 20 characters in my deck 10 of which are named Shardbank1-10.

On top of that I have another 3 pages of shards that are either unique (gunwitch shards for instance I dont currently have one in my deck due to lowering deck size to limit load time) or duplicates I want for extra characters/towers after the AP grind (extra PT/deadly strikes etc)

So now I get to put all of these extra items, and extra shards (getting to remove my shardbank characters) into a storage that isnt loaded each time the map is loaded which will lower load times, free up inventory space, and still allow access to items that I may want down the road.

You may not have wanted this, but many of us have been asking for solutions to these problems for a long time.

So instead of making shards (the only thing that strangles inventory) being part of the UI, with simple numbers of how many you got available.

We get to pay for more space only available in town?

Mkay. ><

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

pretty simple from my POV.

They mentioned in the past when they did the last big inventory revamp they couldnt expand inventory more due to code/database restraints.

Right now everything in your inventory including the number of characters you have add to your load time for each map.

Right now I have 20 characters in my deck 10 of which are named Shardbank1-10.

On top of that I have another 3 pages of shards that are either unique (gunwitch shards for instance I dont currently have one in my deck due to lowering deck size to limit load time) or duplicates I want for extra characters/towers after the AP grind (extra PT/deadly strikes etc)

So now I get to put all of these extra items, and extra shards (getting to remove my shardbank characters) into a storage that isnt loaded each time the map is loaded which will lower load times, free up inventory space, and still allow access to items that I may want down the road.

You may not have wanted this, but many of us have been asking for solutions to these problems for a long time.

It's one of those things that it's cool they added it but it does not resolve ANY of their problems. The fact me and many others have not really had fun in this game in a long time, their player retention is getting worse, they aren't getting much in the way of new players, and the question if DD2 will be viable to support for much longer. They got lucky and got a bunch of settlement money but that is likely be burned on DD2 content and support . The bank space is a solution maybe what 50-100 people wanted?