Sign in to follow this  
pApA^LeGBa

update?

@MaJean quote:

A save system or something along those lines is coming. Trendy listens, but what we´ve learned in here is that with TE things take time, that´s all. So just be patient, changes to make the game better are coming in due time. I don´t play at all anymore, but I check in once in a while, to see the current status of things.

M.

Noooooooooooooooooooo, I thought you returned :(

I'm gonna get a petition started to get you back!

I am just sick of "git gud or get rekt" arguments that have nothing to do with my problem. I mean he seriously thinks i am gonna give up things in my life for gaming? That´s not healthy.

3 saves per map similar to what we have for replay now and an advantge in the ladder if you don´t use them for the people who need to see themselves in a ranking. No one has any disadvantages. But no, some people fear that their status in gaming life could be harmed. As if this would be importnant outside of E-Sports.

Yeah i don't understand it. If it takes me 1.5 hours in game time to complete three maps in one sitting it will still take me 1.5 hours in game time to complete them over 2 or 3 sitting. It is a matter of the time it takes someone to do one map. I would gain no advantage nor would the game be any easier to play. It would only mean that There is one more person playing the game.

Alright alright I busted this guys balls for a lot. we hear you man. We all want the same thing. Don't worry about it. Hey we did some serious ups in this thread huh?

save feature turns onslaught from a consecutive win system to essentially a 1 map per floor system.

if there is no way to fail down to map 1 if you are on Floor 65 map 2, then theres no difference between that and just reducing the floors to 1 map each.

Which is fine if thats what you want but a complicated, time consuming to implement save system that removes the risk of failing back to the previous map on a floor is a waste of time and resouces. It would be much simplier to just make it 1 map per floor.

But none of this matters trendy has been working on their solution for months. We should find out what that is in the next few weeks.

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

@specialK quote:

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

@specialK quote:

Alright alright I busted this guys balls for a lot

bwhahahahaah. yeah sure.

oh you want more? ok shoot

na, not in work anymore, your are not worth my free time.

That's what she told you? She was a B brah. She wasn't worth of your time.

How do you fall back now? Run out of retries? The save should only save the fact that you finished a map. Not reset the number of rerolls retries you have used. You could still fail and if you were in the middle of the second map failed and came back tomorrow you would still be on the second map with the same stats. How is this so hard to understand. Why does everyone keep implying that a save would negate the current progression? The only thing it would do is negate the need to devote a large amount of time unless you want to spend that large amount of time.

how is it so hard to understand you are trying to bandaid a broken system with a complicated save system.

There is no difference between 65:2 in a save system and 67 in a 1 map per floor system except the save system requires also tracking number of rerolls, map, lane modifiers, lane schedules, number of players.

if its essentially the same as 1 map per floor then just ask for that, whats the point in spending months on a save system that  makes it 1 map per floor with a complicated naming convention (65-map1, 65-map2, 65-map3 vs 65,66,67)

1 map per floor would effectively reset the floor leaderboard.

It has to stay as it is to avoid that, the lane modifiers don't need to save, if you fail and come back in another session a day, week or month later it doesn't need to be the same modifiers, the difficulty is not altered.

The only save point required is say 61.1 and 61.2 otherwise you are onto the next floor which already has a save point.

Changes to Power Transfer, and the dryad "Balancing" might also lock Onslaught board. Depends what they end up doin obv.

@Fozzie quote:

@Fozzie quote:

It has to stay as it is to avoid that, the lane modifiers don't need to save, if you fail and come back in another session a day, week or month later it doesn't need to be the same modifiers, the difficulty is not altered.

The only save point required is say 61.1 and 61.2 otherwise you are onto the next floor which already has a save point.

then the save system is unlimited rerolls, just keep crashing and loading save. 

also screw leaderboards, and dont make a complicated system around something 99% of the playerbase isnt competitive in.

they can always save the current leaderboard off like they did acension.

save feature still sounds like 1 map per floor with more steps

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@Fozzie quote:

also screw leaderboards, and dont make a complicated system around something 99% of the playerbase isnt competitive in.

Exactly. I prefer one map per floor solely to make the AP grind less repetitive, boring and time consuming.

True if Dryad gets hit with the nerf hammer then the old systems will be irrelevant. Power Transfer has needed a look at for ages, maybe some of the niche shards will get some love.

Dryad on C7 is exactly like the old frosty power traps and then the PDT serenity NM4 Inc days.

C7 just go back to monk aura spam , fun times lol 

@Fozzie quote:

True if Dryad gets hit with the nerf hammer then the old systems will be irrelevant. Power Transfer has needed a look at for ages, maybe some of the niche shards will get some love.

Dryad on C7 is exactly like the old frosty power traps and then the PDT serenity NM4 Inc days.

@Fozzie quote:

Good for you uzar all I’m saying is that Trendy need to make the game accessible to all types of players and expecting them to sit down for X times 3 timeframes instead of X is braindead. Trendy with DD2 seem to have a continuous knack of making glaring errors with things that could be so good off the bat.

honestly you summed it up so perfectly, sometimes i truly do wonder the thought process behind some decisions and how they missed a heard of elephants in the room lol, but yeah more community input would do nice before release 

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@Fozzie quote:

I would love I map per floor. For me that is ideal but the argument against it (and I have to say it is a good one) if it is only one map per floor then people will just reroll pr fail until they get the map they want. I know I would. So they would then need to block maps based on a set of floors like 50 thru 59 are these maps.

@Superb_Dog quote:

@MaJean quote:

A save system or something along those lines is coming. Trendy listens, but what we´ve learned in here is that with TE things take time, that´s all. So just be patient, changes to make the game better are coming in due time. I don´t play at all anymore, but I check in once in a while, to see the current status of things.

M.

Noooooooooooooooooooo, I thought you returned :(

I'm gonna get a petition started to get you back!

Ha ha you sir crack me up;)