Sign in to follow this  
pApA^LeGBa

update?

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

I'd rather Trendy spend time on features and we ask questions about specific things during Friday Fun Streams or forum posts. The All-Seeing One usually answers or finds the answer for us.

Hmmm.....Discord eh? ;) What's your username? Didn't see you around there.

Anyway, well said there. Though the wiki could be updated for those who need another source of info.

XD I'm not on discord nearly enough to remember my username lol.  My work net blocks it so I just stick with these forums.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

With this in mind it seems the best balance for end game is based around that half hour of game session, or max of 2 maps in a row.

The other way to handle this is to cap the number of saves per floor, just like how rerolls are capped.   

I don't necessarily agree with your time-per-map numbers, they might reflect a person farming AP or doing lower floors but somebody pushing post-65 floors for the first time and not using the boring dryad meta will find themselves spending easily more than 30 minutes per map if they are aiming to min max each map.  But hey isn't that half the fun, learning how the different defences work and optimising your builds.  Onslaught is the perfect mode for that with the changing lane schedules and mutators.

So my suggestion is a save per map but with a limit of 3 saves per floor.

@Kruntksi that sounds pretty good. If they could also rework the ladder so that not saving gives you an advantage there, everyone should be happy. 

@Kruntski quote:

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

With this in mind it seems the best balance for end game is based around that half hour of game session, or max of 2 maps in a row.

The other way to handle this is to cap the number of saves per floor, just like how rerolls are capped.   

I don't necessarily agree with your time-per-map numbers, they might reflect a person farming AP or doing lower floors but somebody pushing post-65 floors for the first time and not using the boring dryad meta will find themselves spending easily more than 30 minutes per map if they are aiming to min max each map.  But hey isn't that half the fun, learning how the different defences work and optimising your builds.  Onslaught is the perfect mode for that with the changing lane schedules and mutators.

So my suggestion is a save per map but with a limit of 3 saves per floor.

Still doesnt fix the fact that making an entire save system that tracks rerolls, saves used, what map you are on, what modifiers, what lane schedules Is a lot of work vs just reducing the number of maps per floor. 

Either the system is a consecutive win system or its not. Adding a save feature gets rid of consecutive win because ones you go to 65 map 2, theres no way to fail back to 65 map 1.

This essentially turns it into a 1 map per floor game, which means you can just do that and not waste the time making a save system.

Or you could say the system is supposed to be consecutive win based but 3 wins causes issues with disconnects and player time commitment so we are reducing it to 2 maps. And expecting players to play 2 maps in 1 session is a reasonable end game mode.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, oh you guys just kill me. The entirety of the info you are given in the game amounts to this one sentence (using Cyborcs as an example):

"CHAOS II: Cyborks. Orc units utilize rare elements in their weapons and armor that serves to disable a variety of traps and auras."

That's it. No explanations, no walkthorughs, just a half vague sentence. Notice it does not mention nodes? It also does not say all traps and auras, but a variety of them - implying that only some are affected, without telling you which ones if that were the case. It also only says disable, as if a new player has any idea WTF that means. No unit has done that up until this point, so why would anyone even understand what that phrase used here means? No mention of towers either. It also does nothing to tell you about countering them in any way. I have had shampoo bottles and gum wrappers that provide more direction. 

Well surely since you all rattled off SO MANY sources of help, that the game points you in that direction for you, right? The Wiki web link? Nope. Discord info? Nope. Youtube links? Nada. Any mention of any kind at all that this game even has a forum? Not a trace. Oh, i see, new players are supposed to just magically be aware that all of this exists out there, and SHAME ON THEM if they don't. Yeah, that makes your attitude towards newbs so very justified. How dare they be ignorant!!!! What scum! 

Oh, and i just love the advice of "trial and error", which amounts to no instruction and you figure everything out on your own. Oh yes, what a grand concept. Let's recreate the wheel every time. That is how they should train all new employees at jobs. Just throw them at the counter on their first day, and when a customer walks up and asks them for something, and they need your help - just look at them and say "figure it out". Solves all issues. 

The crazy amount of specific information in the singular sentence from the trial selection screen obviously is the holy grail of info we all have been looking for. Thank god you found it (and provided a condescending pic too). And quite frankly all our your anecdotal evidence of sources apart from this game that provide info only goes to further prove my point -the game is so bad at teaching you how to play it, that everyone else has to create supplemental sources to make up for it. Not to mention many of those sources are not up to date with the current game, so the info is misleading and off. Worse yet, the game does not even put all of those sources in one easy to find spot in the game so that a new player would even know they exist, and where to find them. I guess your supposed to just - figure it out...

I mean, either you didn't read it or this must have been your thought process:

"Traps and auras.. Hmm, I wonder if this poison dart tower is an aura? I mean, I got Flame aura, and Lightnign strikes aura. huh. Better just get carried then complain on the forums. " 

Ask in town, ask on the forums, ask on google. I mean I guess you can think we're ***s, but you should have learned the basic enemy types, strengths and weaknesses, by now. Or at least just listen when people give you suggestions. 

I'm pretty sure I told you like 3 months ago to use ramster on every cybork lane. 

You basically cheated your way through math class, except you're screwed for the final.. :|

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

actually i don´t give a fk. i wanna play onslaught but can´t due to stupid 3 maps in a row, not enough time for one sitting of that, well mostly sometimes i can, not often tough. you can do your "oh i am so uberpro" thing even with saves. just don´t use save and the devs might build in a bonus for people doing 3 maps in a row. or more. dunno. good for everyone.

Actually you can't play endgame because you have no idea what this game is about. You have no idea how many floors there are yet you are complaining. Get a life dude.

Seriously guys, to everyone complaining, just play the game, there is no better teacher than experience. You cannot get the knowledge people have by just complaining or asking Trendy to nerf the game for you. 

But it seems to a lot of people you prefer complaining, than playing. It has nothing to do with the game. You have like 10 - 20 hrs in the game and you want to play endgame content. YOU CAN'T. Start grinding. It's a F2P game. It is built around grinding. What the hell is the matter with you folks?

If in real life you cannot buy a Ferrari because you do not have the money, you go to Ferrari and start complaining, oh your prices are to high I do not have enough money to buy a Ferrari, make Ferrari 65 bucks???

HECK NO

Get the money buy the Ferrari.

Similar to here, it is supposed to be content you can complete, after you have grinder, after you have learned the game, after you have good equipment, after you have all shards, after you have preferable completed Masteries, and then start pushing the floors.

GET THE TIME, if you cannot find it, hey this game is not for you. Yeah you hate it, it's the truth. The game for you is the grinding to be able to do the floors. Simple as that.

Having a save in a game makes it no easier it makes it more accessible.

Can't believe the vitriol on here for such a simple addition to make the game better for all.

It is not about not being prepared or knowing abut the different mobs and modifiers or about not having the gear. It is purely and simply about time constraints.

Good on you if you have reset once, twice or more times, this doesn't give you the right to say everyone has to do it the same way. 

@specialK quote:GET THE TIME, if you cannot find it, hey this game is not for you. Yeah you hate it, it's the truth. The game for you is the grinding to be able to do the floors. Simple as that.

Problem is that this isn´t exactly a good business model for a F2P. So yeah. The real question is, does trendy want to serve only people with enough time or not. It´s not like this game has a really big playerbase right now.  Can only speak for a few, but 3 maps without save is why me and my friends don´t play anymore and wait if this get´s changed.

And i should get a life? I am the one who barely has time to do a 3 map floor in one sitting. Wow. nice logic there.

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

@specialK quote:GET THE TIME, if you cannot find it, hey this game is not for you. Yeah you hate it, it's the truth. The game for you is the grinding to be able to do the floors. Simple as that.

Problem is that this isn´t exactly a good business model for a F2P. So yeah. The real question is, does trendy want to serve only people with enough time or not. It´s not like this game has a really big playerbase right now.  Can only speak for a few, but 3 maps without save is why me and my friends don´t play anymore and wait if this get´s changed.

And i should get a life? I am the one who barely has time to do a 3 map floor in one sitting. Wow. nice logic there.

That is THE ONLY model for F2P games. Where you get your facts dude?

Unless you want this game to be a P2W you have to grind.

As I said in other threads I have no issue with the 3 save point system everyone wants. My issue is you have no idea what this game is about yet you whine about 200 floors. 

A typical behaviour of most complainers. You want to go from point A to G without going through B C D etc.

Stop complaining start grinding.

You are one of the ones, who claim they have no time to grind, yet they have the time to come in here to whine, *** about everything about not having time, when you do. So you tell me. Do you have time? Cause you sure as hell seem you do. You just do not want to do the grind. Am I right or am I right?

So there goes your logic.

And please tell me about time. I work 12+ hrs  day, I run my own company, yet I find time to do the things I want. So you tell me. Please tell me about how you do not have time.

A save system or something along those lines is coming. Trendy listens, but what we´ve learned in here is that with TE things take time, that´s all. So just be patient, changes to make the game better are coming in due time. I don´t play at all anymore, but I check in once in a while, to see the current status of things.

M.

[[21159,users]] Dude, seriously? Newsflash: i can come here during work. I can´t play the game during work. Oh my, some people. i can type here in between doing something else, like sitting and in a waiting line on the phone during work. jeeez. 

Also my life is more than just work and games. kids, garden, friends who aren´t gamers. family.

wow. just wow.

Yeah except no one is asking them to make the game easier.  And telling us we need to play more when the complaint is we can't play now is just idiotic. At this point we have hit full troll mode by the elitist players. You are not even trying to acknowledge the arguments or add to the discussions for a fix. You are simply going with your tried and true favorite point of view "get good". 

I would love to see a save option .... and i think they will bring it sooner or later somehow....

but what i dont understand is why everyone "quits" the game because they cant play 3 maps in a row....

Go play chaos Trials ! Its 1 map ! take your time ! build it ! learn it !

all of us used to play C1, C2 up to C7 without ANY complains/problems...(and if we had problems we solved it by farming lower tiers or playing in groups)

If you are at at C7 you can get highest equip possible... then you can easily farm low-tier shards....

if you are stuck with C1 try floor 1-4 then go back to c1... try floor 4-7 go to c2 farm shards/equip get ascensions.... etc.

its really not that hard....

if you are at Chaos 7 gear max it all out ... get the shards get the highest gear possible (upgrade it)

Then if you want to Climb in Onslaught you will have to take the time... but at least up to floor 55 its easily done by just playing 1 map every now and then

wow just wow.

you just proved you have time, you basically erase all your merits from your arguments on your time constraints basis, make people who actually have issues with the game and want the 3 save system seem as a bunch of complainers, and that you are a very big liar.

Thanks for contributing to the game.

@Reggae quote:

I would love to see a save option .... and i think they will bring it sooner or later somehow....

but what i dont understand is why everyone "quits" the game because they cant play 3 maps in a row....

Go play chaos Trials ! Its 1 map ! take your time ! build it ! learn it !

I can only speak for myself here but I hate trials almost from the first it was released. It has mostly to do with the very limited maps and the convoluted way that loot is dropped.  The reason I started playing again was because most of the things I hated about in trials were addressed in onslaught. Now I would love to play more but I never know how much time I will actually have to play. I hate the idea of playing for an hour and all of the sudden something comes up and I lose all progress. Making that hour I just spent a waist of time.

@specialK quote:

wow just wow.

you just proved you have time, you basically erase all your merits from your arguments on your time constraints basis, make people who actually have issues with the game and want the 3 save system seem as a bunch of complainers, and that you are a very big liar.

I am a liar, because i have a life? dude you are pathetic. Do you actually suggest i lie when i say i have not enough time to play because i live a normal life? forget pathetic we need a stronger word for you.

giving up anything i listed for gaming would be the first sign of an addiction.

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

@specialK quote:

wow just wow.

I am a liar, because i have a life? dude you are pathetic.

I do not come in here to whine about my issues dude

My issues, my problems, nothing to do with the game.

If you want to find pathetic, look yourself at the mirror. But I think you are not pathetic, just confused. Want to exchange insults? Have no problem. I ll beat you every time. Been there. There is only up when you are down. So next insult from you should be on a pm to whoop your ass. The good folks in here do not need your pms

you whine a lot about people that want saving. So yeah. There you go. Also you started the Insults. If you wanna play the good guy here, at least try to get your *** togheter before.

i think you guys should stop now .... you should talk to each other in discord or write pms but its getting ridiculous in this forum.....