Sign in to follow this  
ArchaicLotus

Crash/Freeze Temple-Run issue

This has not been addressed yet? I've taken a month off, but am now going to lay DD2 to rest until chaos 8. If no chaos 8, then no DD2 for me.  I have to interpret the lack of tonality in this text.

I'm not at all griping/complaining. I've had a blast with this game. It's just that my way off grinding is furious and I get too far ahead too quickly. Already in the #1 spot of the Platinum league in Alienation. Just Diamond league to go. DD2 has been awesome but I've been such a competitive gamer for a decade, that I'm able to see a game's shortcomings for me very early on. 

As it is now there are few ways to play this game and reach unique goal-sets. I've already reached mine. Now I need new maps, new scenery, new weapons/armor. Maybe no one else needs this; okay. I need this. If it never happens, okay. It's been a true blast. You may say,"patches first, quality control, ant-freeze", etc. and touche'. All of it needs to happen.

1st break happened: only 4 chaos 7 maps for a very long time...took a long break.

2nd break: when assassins prevented corrupt form for Dryad. This glitch lasted over two weeks...shouldn't have lasted longer than a day.

3rd break: continual crashes/freezes padding up to over 200 reported issues for DD2. Can you imagine getting to round 5 of 5 on the Temple only to freeze. Then replaying ALL floors to get back to that same point... then freeze again...seven times in a row... Every since the Barbarian's Wrath update I've had 33 floor 5/5 Temple freezes. This zapped me. Sure, probably because of particular mutators vs. # of mobs per floor. Whatever it was, it took over 100 hours of my real-life time.

If you didn't crash that many times then I shrug, because it really doesn't matter.

Peace you all, see you when something tremendous happens with this game.

PS4 players need to get on the ball. I've been off for a month and people only started cracking floor 200 a week ago. I want to be driven to compete!

Good feedback buddy, enjoy your break, just an aside would a save point after every map on 3 map floors be seen as a positive for you?

Lol alot of people r doing long term ap grinding because its not worth  the time to waste 4 months just to push to 200 in a few months ur name will b so far down the list u will quit playing because ur so far behind i hope they being a super hard mode that is base around ap 

I do too. Then it would be worth grinding or prestiging for...if they had new armor/weapons or even shards. The more people prestige, the easier floor-climbing is. I wanted to hit 200 without the prestige-assist and I did. There's no reason for me to lose all the nicely statted items that I have when all this game become is,"what floor can I get to?" With or without prestiging. Something new about this game needs to happen in order for me to return.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

I do too. Then it would be worth grinding or prestiging for...if they had new armor/weapons or even shards. The more people prestige, the easier floor-climbing is. I wanted to hit 200 without the prestige-assist and I did. There's no reason for me to lose all the nicely statted items that I have when all this game become is,"what floor can I get to?" With or without prestiging. Something new about this game needs to happen in order for me to return.

I think thats the point, what floor can i get to just isnt a goal in my eyes due to the AP powers making it easier and no tracking of what AP you were when you reached a certain floor. The whole floor pushing is filler content and it doesnt discriminate based on ap gained, oh and its so boring. My goal is the 999 talent cap. We are working to cap 999 talent caps at AP 50 so doing a quick push to make that happen, but i cant see pushing again unless they let us start at the floor we left off on.

I think there are 3 camps here...

AP grinders -> hope that future content will require AP

AP protesters -> protesting the AP system waiting for change

Casual players -> waiting for changes to the timesink required for either AP or onslaught

Onslaught and AP is a mess, one of the reasons is something you have pointed out, theres no real reason to get AP except floor pushing over 300+.

Theres not a real clean solution to address each of these problems, and something will get left out. At this point I think too much time has past to just give up on the AP system. Its most likely gonna be the way forward with this game with tweaks to make it more accessible.

Dude, this is cringey AF.  If you have legitimate feed back you should post it without the crybaby, "Or else I am going to run away" BS.  Or just leave. You're tied for 5th or 6th but dramatically behind 1st.. This is embarassing. 

Such misinterpretation. It isn't a, 'do this or else..' mentality. Every player gets to a point when they realize that mind-capturing change is no longer going to occur with some video game. I was stating that I hit that point with DD2 a while ago. The leaderboards renewed interest somewhat but getting 1st and holding that position for over a month was too easy. I didn't feel the competition and nothing new was happening with the game so I left. Naturally, people that keep playing will catch up and surpass my floor max.

Savage, I have over 1800+ levels in prestige, over 21 relics that are 22800+, all armor max'ed, every shard max'ed plus necessary copies....not at all bragging, just being logical: Why would I prestige? Prestiging does not unlock additional content in the game. If it did, I would have prestiged and kept playing. 

I already called people passing me long ago...what I've done was done solo and without prestiging. Very rare. 

Hoping for a very progressive end-game mode. If one doesn't occur then there is no need for me to come back. It isn't a matter of, 'you'd better do this or else.' This game has been a blast.