Sign in to follow this  
StickNSquirt

What's more important

@Exglint quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:

Have the Squire Harpoon able to do splash AOE damage to Cyborcs and make it immune to their shockwave, or something like that.

I am slightly confused at what you are trying to say here. Maybe I'm reading it wrong idk, but the Harpoon Tower already completely ignores Cyborcs disable and has a shard that lets it do splash damage.

By AOE i meant more of an attack area like the FA does, not something that still fires in a straight line and only does damage around the hit target, like the Sploddy shard you are referring to. I envisioned more like a catapult bomb that arcs into the lane from overhead and damages the whole area it lands on. But true to your point, the shard in question does do AOE damage. 

What? I was not aware that there was a single defense in the game that was currently immune to the Cyborc disable attack. You are telling me if i put a harpoon right in the middle of a lane, and the Cyborc nails it dead on, that it will do nothing to it? If that is true, anyone have a list of all the immune defenses, as that is new to me. 

@Jaws_420 quote

What? I was not aware that there was a single defense in the game that was currently immune to the Cyborc disable attack. You are telling me if i put a harpoon right in the middle of a lane, and the Cyborc nails it dead on, that it will do nothing to it? If that is true, anyone have a list of all the immune defenses, as that is new to me. 

Cyborks stun auras, traps, and nodes.  Any tower or blockade is not "stunned" but it will be damaged most likely if you stick it in the middle of the lane.  Trees' aura may be stunned, I'm not sure.  I haven't seen cyborks nail them in a while.

45 mins for 3 maps? Not even close for me. Not even if i play like a maniac, wich i prefer not too, that´s more like work than beeing fun.

I don´t get why people have a problem with saving after each map. Go do your hardcore thing and don´t make a break, no difference for you. Maybe we could get a bonus reward for going trough 3 maps at once, like the shards in chaos trials.

I stopped playing this game. Won´t come back until we have a save option. Or never. Depends on what they do.

@MaverickHunter77 quote:
@Jaws_420 quote

Cyborks stun auras, traps, and nodes.  Any tower or blockade is not "stunned" but it will be damaged most likely if you stick it in the middle of the lane.  Trees' aura may be stunned, I'm not sure.  I haven't seen cyborks nail them in a while.

Really? wow, thanks for the info. I guess i have never built a tower close enough to one to see that happen. That explains a lot of the FT builds i have seen. I will have to rethink my layouts now...hmmmm. That makes Cannonballs a lot more attractive to me (when geodes are not around). That also explains why Ramsters are so loved, as they counter both Geodes and Cyborcs then. 

So good to know. I have never seen that info in any forum chain i have read yet. Sad... Another reason i really wish we had a DD2 encyclopedia...

@Jaws_420 quote:

@MaverickHunter77 quote:
@Jaws_420 quote

Really? wow, thanks for the info. I guess i have never built a tower close enough to one to see that happen. That explains a lot of the FT builds i have seen. I will have to rethink my layouts now...hmmmm. That makes Cannonballs a lot more attractive to me (when geodes are not around). That also explains why Ramsters are so loved, as they counter both Geodes and Cyborcs then. 

So good to know. I have never seen that info in any forum chain i have read yet. Sad... Another reason i really wish we had a DD2 encyclopedia...

The Cyborks version of tower counters are Kobolts of C7.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Good to know. Do they only aggro certain defenses as well? Or do they just attack anything in range and then disable it? They seem to ignore auras from what i have seen. 

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

@Jaws_420 quote

Don't think Cybork stuns the World Tree, 'cause I've seen a Kobolt stun it.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Good to know. Do they only aggro certain defenses as well? Or do they just attack anything in range and then disable it? They seem to ignore auras from what i have seen. 

While Cyborks do only stuns Traps/Aura/Nodes, Kobolts' only able to stun towers. Auras (Flame Auras/LSA) and Traps (Bees) are a counter to them. Obelisk is also a good aggro bait for them.

So if they see a tower or blockades, they'll dive for 'em. However, they also have the power of Kobold Gliders, which means they also deal huge damage to them.

In simple term, Cybork's Aura/Traps/Nodes bane, Kobolts are tower equivalent of that, although, more of an explosive equivalent.

While Cyborks do only stuns Traps/Aura/Nodes, Kobolts' only able to stun towers. Auras (Flame Auras/LSA) and Traps (Bees) are a counter to them. Obelisk is also a good aggro bait for them.

So if they see a tower or blockades, they'll dive for 'em. However, they also have the power of Kobold Gliders, which means they also deal huge damage to them.

In simple term, Cybork's Aura/Traps/Nodes bane, Kobolts tower equivalent of that although, more of an explosive equivalent.

Great info, thank you much. 

Apparently 35 minutes. But it's a little tedious to play that fast so 45 minutes is a casual pace.  I don't have strong opinions about the 3 map thing other than it'll probably require some amount of onslaught redesign and doesn't seem that necessary. But that puts me at mildly against. 

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

45 mins for 3 maps? 

@Jaws_420 quote:

In simple term, Cybork's Aura/Traps/Nodes bane, Kobolts tower equivalent of that although, more of an explosive equivalent.

Great info, thank you much. 

Anytime!

i'm so tired about the crashes getting more and more and not having the possibility to return to the last map i have played. Maybe i can succeed a floor lvl 71 in an hour, dyard flaming... but that is not the way i wanna play all the time. I wanna place more different types of defenses in not only the same 8 maps all the time in onslaught. And if the crashes, bluescreens and loading errors cannot be reduced for all players, a save option would be very very useful. I cannot understand why a lot of the high floor players are againt that.

@ColobelSpike82 quote:

I cannot understand why a lot of the high floor players are against that.

It's because no one is against it. Only one person in this whole thread mentioned they'd rather Trendy put their time elsewhere and explained that lower floors (after completing them hundreds of times) can be done in under 45 minutes. You should change your argument from higher floor players to Trendy, whom this whole thread is targeted toward.

I posted a solution to this problem back in December and while not ideal, it was a solution. It's been over 4 months since and they already fixed many of the issues with Onslaught. Mutator/enemy combos were removed, a replay/reroll system was added, servers were tweaked to reduce disconnects, optimizations were made to minimize crashes and now games can be finished even if connection to the event server is lost. A lot of these changes weren't mentioned in Elandrian's Thursday Check-In so who's to say they aren't already working on this?

Lawlta said that had heard the feedback about the save feature. It might not be implemented like people think, but they were trying to address it. That seemed like ages ago but was probably like 4 weeks. 

I would guess they are going to make 1 map floors, then change AP unlock to like 150, since I would also guess that's the least amount of dev work. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

I would guess they are going to make 1 map floors, then change AP unlock to like 150, since I would also guess that's the least amount of dev work. 

Kinda wished it would be one map per floor all the way to 65 (65 and beyond will be a normal 3-map) and would still be AP-ing at 65 instead. As the AP grind is quite a repetitive boring grind in my opinion.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Kinda wished it would be one map per floor all the way to 65 (65 and beyond will be a normal 3-map) and would still be AP-ing at 65 instead. As the AP grind is quite a repetitive boring grind in my opinion.

This makes sense to me. It allows everyone a chance to get to the AP reset. While at the same time give a challenge to the more hardcore to continue and reward them with flair and stats for putting in the extra effort.

Even if it is some sort of workaround anything that allows those with more restricted time to progress would be welcome. It would have to recognise and preserve the validity of the effort others have put in on the leaderboards.

@Chappyy quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

This makes sense to me. It allows everyone a chance to get to the AP reset. While at the same time give a challenge to the more hardcore to continue and reward them with flair and stats for putting in the extra effort.

Exactly. It's a win-win situation.