Sign in to follow this  
StickNSquirt

What's more important

Most people don't read lengthy rants. So instead here is just one quick TL;DR

Any thread I read it's about everyone complaining about the 3 map onslaught and constant DC's and no save progress.

So what's more important to the devs

Their community, and hearing them out? Or dropping mad cash on MTX & Shard packs because chaos farming C4 all day for a specific tower shard is just worth my time and effort so I can push higher onslaught.

Flame me for this post, but I uninstalled again after this Onslaught - Get to map 3 - Game crashes constantly.

3 maps takes 45 minutes. I can't feel that strongly about it.  (mine doesn't ever crash though )

I'd rather they spend development time fixing AP than making onslaught more casual friendly. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

3 maps takes 45 minutes.

Maybe under ideal circumstances but playing at the highest floor I've never come close to 45 mins which is 15 mins per map 3 mins per wave. Which is not factoring in the time to review lane schedules and initial build, and each build phase between waves. Plus the time to load between each map to finish the 3. So forgive me if I think you are exaggerating your quickness. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

3 maps takes 45 minutes. I can't feel that strongly about it.  (mine doesn't ever crash though )

I'd rather they spend development time fixing AP than making onslaught more casual friendly. 

The player base is too small to even ask for them not to make it casual friendly. There's no catch up mechanic if you want to invite your friend to play other than sitting and carrying them all day.

I really don't know where you find the "hardcore" scene in this game. Other than grinding day in day out for a game that a select few people play. Mastery was a good touch, but even that takes forever. Onslaught is a great addition, but the 3 map feature with no save progress is too grindy, and begs for burnout.

The first couple of ascensions would be fine, but you rinse repeat, having to grind 3 maps post 60 over and over and over again, and you're just asking to look for a new game to play.

@StickNSquirt quote:

The first couple of ascensions would be fine, but you rinse repeat, having to grind 3 maps post 60 over and over and over again, and you're just asking to look for a new game to play.

Exactly, surely the constant feedback from many different players should suggest the Trendy that this is no1. priority.

So get a save in on every map on 3 map floors. Do it already!!!

yesterday it crashed at floor 70 map 3 of 3 wave 5 second retry.

I am not such a big pro than u beergogles so it takes me around 2 hours for that.. and than...everything lost...

... with a family i dont have the time to play such a lot.... today i tried again.... crashed at floor 70 map 2 of 3 ...

wtf...

we do not have to talk about casual players versus big pros... i spent a lot of money for this game and i think save option is a must have when trendy isnt able to reduce the bugs and errors. recently where was a big announcement about reducing crashes... on european servers at ps4 the crashed get more and more

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  You can build lanes pretty fast after 500+ onslaught maps. I bet it takes an hour for most people to do one 3-map floor though. Which still isn't that bad

@Chappyy quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

3 maps takes 45 minutes.

Maybe under ideal circumstances but playing at the highest floor I've never come close to 45 mins which is 15 mins per map 3 mins per wave. Which is not factoring in the time to review lane schedules and initial build, and each build phase between waves. Plus the time to load between each map to finish the 3. So forgive me if I think you are exaggerating your quickness. 

I noticed I would always crash somewhere on the floor if I'd "retry" any map of the 3 in a floor.  So now I reroll only.  I've been crash free between floors in the  80s to 114.

This is on ps4.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153157/ps4-blue-screen

Did your other crashes involve "retries" on that floor?

@ColobelSpike82 quote:

I am not such a big pro than u beergogles so it takes me around 2 hours for that.. and than...everything lost...

... with a family i dont have the time to play such a lot.... today i tried again.... crashed at floor 70 map 2 of 3 ...

wtf...

we do not have to talk about casual players versus big pros... i spent a lot of money for this game and i think save option is a must have when trendy isnt able to reduce the bugs and errors. recently where was a big announcement about reducing crashes... on european servers at ps4 the crashed get more and more

Yep no crashes since we stopped retry and go tavern after  floor completion and start a new floor.

And yes its about around 45 mins to an hour per floor depending on RNG at floor 114.

I also have a family , 2 kids and full time job a get a floor or 2 in per day sometimes not at all during the week. Still made it to floor 114 as a very casual player.

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

I noticed I would always crash somewhere on the floor if I'd "retry" any map of the 3 in a floor.  So now I reroll only.  I've been crash free between floors in the  80s to 114.

This is on ps4.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153157/ps4-blue-screen

Did your other crashes involve "retries" on that floor?

@ColobelSpike82 quote:

wtf...

[[70482,users]], I was able to do onslaught 57 in 42 minutes. That was with upgrading shards and swapping relics and inventory management and applying ascension to builders. I'll speed run a 60-65  for you, but if I'm under 45 minutes, you have to buy me a pizza :D

@BeerGoggles quote:

chappyy, I was able to do onslaught 57 in 42 minutes. That was with upgrading shards and swapping relics and inventory management and applying ascension to builders. I'll speed run a 60-65  for you, but if I'm under 45 minutes, you have to buy me a pizza :D

65 is the highest floor you can do? I do believe I mentioned highest possible level. Of course You can do content below your abilities faster due to instantly killing things as soon as they walk out the gate.

@Chappyy quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

chappyy, I was able to do onslaught 57 in 42 minutes. That was with upgrading shards and swapping relics and inventory management and applying ascension to builders. I'll speed run a 60-65  for you, but if I'm under 45 minutes, you have to buy me a pizza :D

65 is the highest floor you can do? I do believe I mentioned highest possible level. Of course You can do content below your abilities faster due to instantly killing things as soon as they walk out the gate.

Well, he may not be at floor 114/200 yet but he's AP 16. That's gotta count something.

I've done up to 114 but reset since. But I'm on the AP cycle, so I'm not going to go higher atm. Also Im only asc ~230 with trash tier relics.  I've done up to onslaught 58 this time, so it depends what you mean by highest completed.  But, are the people complaining about 3 maps pushing 66-114 ++.. Probably not. 

So forgive me if I think you are exaggerating your quickness. 

@Chappyy quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

chappyy, I was able to do onslaught 57 in 42 minutes. That was with upgrading shards and swapping relics and inventory management and applying ascension to builders. I'll speed run a 60-65.

It's completely different use case to discuss speed grinding to 65 many times with somebody pushing their highest floor.  Onslaught gets more difficult with increasing floors.  By the time I got to 70, I had to spend a lot of time checking lane schedules not only for each map, but every wave.   Last night took me over 100 minutes and that's pretty typical but could be another 30+ minutes if you have to replay for any reason.

I completed onsl 100-114 in about 1 hour per floor.  But I don't think the people that can't do 3 maps in a row are the same people that are pushing high onslaught floors. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

I've done up to 114 but reset since. But I'm on the AP cycle, so I'm not going to go higher atm. Also Im only asc ~230 with trash tier relics.  I've done up to onslaught 58 this time, so it depends what you mean.  But, are the people complaining about 3 maps pushing 66-114 ++.. Probably not. 

So forgive me if I think you are exaggerating your quickness. 

@Chappyy quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

I am specifically talking about players that are trying to actually climb the floors for the first time. Which means they are not farming floors and the fact that 45 mins is not a realistic time to expect to complete three floors.

I spent at least 5 hours yesterday clearing 2 floors.  Believe they were 61 and 62.  Admittedly, I'm about 100 ascensions levels behind schedule, but it was pain.  Cy-Frosty-FUs in Controlled Burn lanes...over...and over...and over.  Thought I was being trolled.

I'd love to mix things up a bit, but Dryad and proton beams (If no Cy-FUs) seem to be the only viable options.  Did find an instance or two where Ramsters were the best for a particular lane.  

If I just resigned myself to going Dryad everytime, I'm sure I could cut down on the time commitment.  I just cuts down on the fun as well.   So many DPS options....that can't take part in the fun.

Solo - as usual.  That keeps the other DPS on the shelf.

Chappyy: "So forgive me if I think you are exaggerating your quickness. " 

Sounds like you're talking about me.  

Yes, first time people will probably take 90 minutes per 3map floor. But they should also expect to play twice as fast once they figure it out. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Yes, first time people will probably take 90 minutes per 3map floor. But they should also expect to play twice as fast once they figure it out. 

Yes because your response to the OP was " 3 maps takes 45 mins. I can't feel that strong about it." Not that it takes you only 45 mins. But besides that I wouldn't mind seeing you do the highest floor possible for you in 45 mins. Because it seems unrealistic to me on paper at least.

Figure out doing 2 slimes 3 bees/lane? That's very fun gameplay and I hope Trendy change Dryad next patch it's just stupid right now. And not everyone wants to speed through every map as fast as possible it's not what the game is about really.

@BeerGoggles quote:

I'm baffled at how much negativity is in almost every thread complaining about onslaughts absurdity. I can understand a mix of opinions, something unbiased. At this moment this game is running itself into the ground with the potential it had. It only takes listening to the community once to cause a good spike in players, but they haven't for too long.

The game runs like this (which it's enjoyable for everyone for a certain amount of time);
Campaign
Trials
Mastery / Onslaught
Ascend
Rinse repeat on Trials --> Onslaught
Trials --> Onslaught
Trials --> Onslaught

But wait, there's more... You run into repeated maps, same gameplay, same turret builds that are just "Meta." Geodes eliminate a lot of the fun, cyborks eliminate the rest of the fun. Freeze destroys anything else.

I played this game religiously, for weeks when I worked from home. I remember climbing from C1-C7 with the gear spreadsheet real quick.

Now the game has turned into a snooze fest of build / hold left click, OH NO CRASH.

This is where the game is at. To a short select few this game is great, it is unicorns and lollipops. To a stronger majority it's a chore, nobody likes chores. I understand a game having CONTENT. But throwing in "infinite" content with no bar to reach, you're being lazy on your game.

Yeah I've always said the dissent would be low if they would just communicate. We don't even need hard details just intentions and plans would be calming. How hard can it be to come out say. "Our goal is to have a fix for X  by next patch, and we are close to a fix for Y but need to test it so maybe the following patch." These are noncommittal information. Nothing promised except that these are the things they are working on.

I think I said this before but don't be surprised when the next patch is not a major fix but some sort of holiday themed costume release.

@BeerGoggles quote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  You can build lanes pretty fast after 500+ onslaught maps. I bet it takes an hour for most people to do one 3-map floor though. Which still isn't that bad

@Chappyy quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

3 maps takes 45 minutes.

Assuming you don't fail any. 

Chappyy I actually beat 61 in under 35 minutes. so YA Im gonna need that pizza whenever you get a chance :D 

Uploading the videos to youtube atm.

(Had terrible luck on 60 and it took me 45:41.) Stuck bosses mostly