Sign in to follow this  
geckobjj

Lots of Progress

Hello all.

I just downloaded a couple of copies of Dungeon Defenders 1 to play with my girlfriend.

I had fond memories of playing on console, and we are looking forward to playing on PC.

However, her game after we purchased a copy for her and installed on her computer already had TONS of characters in high levels and all of the crystals and missions unlocked.  We both want to start from scratch and don't understand why a brand new account would have all these unlocks already.  We have looked for ways to try to reset her account, but can't seem to find a way to remove everything other than just deleting all her items and characters.  Is there some way to contact support to have a new account reset?   I just purchased two copies of the game today and sent one to her.  I have no issues with my copy.  We are baffled how this could happen.  She has never owned or played any Dungeon Defenders games in the past.

Thats very strange. however, she could simply create a second Steam Account and use family share- if that works for you.

The family share version would -ofcorse- come with a brand new version of the game and does not have any negative effects.

Yeah, but I don't think the answer should be that she should have to create an entirely new Steam account to play a game that we purchased.

Other people have asked for resets before, and the general response has been to family-share it. That said, those were people wanting to reset so they could start from scratch rather than because of whatever weird issue you've been having.

You shouldnt start another account for sure.  This is a common problem on Macs which I assume she is using.  The answer to this problem is actually posted in the troubleshooting guide that is stickied in the DD steam forums here.  Look under "unknown heroes, unknown stuff"

Note:  Since you want to play together you both need to be on Mac or on Windows.  The two are currently not compatible.  Also, do not switch from Windows to Mac as it will erase all data in your save file due to the incompatibility.  You can go from Mac to Windows just not back to Mac.

Thank you so much!  The original install for her did happen on a mac.  We have now moved her over to a Windows 10 machine that we just built together.  We followed the instructions that you shared, and now we both have fresh new installs!  Thanks so much for the assistance!