Sign in to follow this  
uzar

Zerker issues

So along with the Zerkers being affected by slime slow we had a CB Headstrong lane last night we tried  oil geysers and Explosive traps and worked great. It seemed the Zerkers where not getting oiled like everything else in the lane and we had to add a PDT just to deal with Zerkers. 

So take away any dryad defenses for dealing with CB lanes this kinda shows you have to use Poison to affect Zerkers on a CB Headstrong lane with no other real options to deal with them.

That seems a bit drastic just to add another 40 Du just for Zerkers maybe it was just a fluke but Zerkers need a hard look at.

Control burn headstrong seems to be having a lot of issues. Its not zerker or oil specific.

Drench from barbarian is not being applied to control burn headstrong lanes as well.

Also a mutator combo that limits damage to certain types and then another that removes one of the options is just a bad combo to begin with

LOL, i'm surprised you didn't get bullet shields as well. Seems to be my luck. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Beserkers probably should be removed from CB, since they are immune to 80% of the effects. 

Definitely. They could give them the same treatment as witherbeasts. Very little effort to do and would be a nice change. Some mutators with zerks are super cheap.

@Plasma quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

Beserkers probably should be removed from CB, since they are immune to 80% of the effects. 

Definitely. They could give them the same treatment as witherbeasts. Very little effort to do and would be a nice change. Some mutators with zerks are super cheap.

Or possibly give berzerkers the same treatment that the Unstoppable mutator give enemies since that is basically the same thing as a berzerker. Drench and Oil still apply to Unstoppable enemies they just don't get slowed by it which would be the desired effect for berzerkers rather than just removing them from the equation like Wither Beasts since they had a different issue entirely.

Add to that: Frost Beams should target them even though they are not slowed. 

Reason being - you can add a freeze shard to stop them, but it does you no good if the Zerks are not even targeted. 

Zerker need a hp nerf, if a Zerker has 12M hp in C7 atm, we can keep it attack damage and speed due to the name, but need a nerf to its hp since a zerker is basically a glass cannon melee

@luanle21 quote:

Zerker need a hp nerf, if a Zerker has 12M hp in C7 atm, we can keep it attack damage and speed due to the name, but need a nerf to its hp since a zerker is basically a glass cannon melee

Just for the sake of another angle, isn't the berserker unique by being strong in damage and health?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind those zerkers have a reduction in HP though I don't really have a problem with them.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@luanle21 quote:

Just for the sake of another angle, isn't the berserker unique by being strong in damage and health?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind those zerkers have a reduction in HP though I don't really have a problem with them.

I'm not calling for a nerf, but Zerkers seem to have many more strengths than weaknesses going for them. 

High HP, High ATK, High Speed, Slow immunity, the ability to ninja over walls and through the smallest of gaps.

Weakness.....that they are in the front of the pack and get targeted by high single target damage defenses first, I guess.  Eventually this won't matter since HP will increase with onslaught floors, they will run through everything, one-shot your wall then your core.  All i've noticed you can do is go for a stun-Heavycannon or try to out-damage their hp in the time it takes them to get to your wall.

Compared to strength and weaknesses of other chaos enemies:

Shieldies: block projectiles but otherwise doesn't feel beefier than orcs, weakness on the back.

Cyborks:  EMP is super strong and they have orc-like hp but they move slow and have predictable range/visual targetting.

Geodes: Reflect projectiles, but do no damage. Support class lol.

Assassins: Strengths include assassination parties, OHKOs, the Hero's inability to repair/upgrade/DPS while attached, and various other things depending on where you are in progression.  Weakness:  stuns/CC them off of you with a pet or geyser or ability and there is a decent amount of warning before they jump on you.

Hexers: Long range and hex debuff, but countered easily by a reflect beam or tricky wall placement and also predictable stopping location.

Kobolt: EMP is strong with decent range but can be baited or killed by aura/traps (bees, nimbus) before they have anything to target.

I'd say zerkers are the strongest chaos enemies, with assassins at a close second.  

@luanle21 quote:

I'm not opposed to this, but ONLY if zerkers got more atk and/or move speed to compensate. I agree they're 100% the strongest enemies in the game, but I still don't think they're TOO strong.

@xArcAngel quote:
@luanle21 quote:

I'm not opposed to this, but ONLY if zerkers got more atk and/or move speed to compensate. I agree they're 100% the strongest enemies in the game, but I still don't think they're TOO strong.

they have the 2nd highest HP in the entire game, while has massive damage, knockback, resistance, and slow immunity (Might as well make every boss a zerker at this point since they are the most OP enemy in the entire game)

the Zerker is a glass cannon that can dish high damage and move extremely fast at the cost of having lower then average hp, if they get a hp nerf but get another buff, then we might as well remove blockade out of the game to buff them since they just gonna sprint right through walls instead, again keep in mind IMMUNITY TO SLOW is a passive they ALREADY HAVE