Sign in to follow this  
DoctorJuice

Do Mythical Defender packs drop in Onslaught?

Or can you only get them by purchasing them in the store for 500 gems? If they do drop in Onslaught - what floor do they start to have a chance of dropping? 

Yes, they drop in Onslaught ONLY  (not in Mastery not in Trials not in Incursions).

The Rate of drop is one Green Pack every 5-7 maps, and Blue more rare ...  and Purple, i am Floor 105 and i droped only 2 in my life.

But there is a catch Emoji_GobHuntress.png ... you ONLY drop Defender Packs at your CURRENT  Floor lvl. For example if i am 105 and i play Floor 1 to AFK farm the Packs ... i will get NONE ... if i help a friend (like i did) and he is Floor 104 (because he got Disconnect at Wave 5 map 3) i will not get any Packs.

Oh wow, I didn't know that you could only get defender packs on your current floor. Thanks for taking the time to  give me a nice, detailed response - that clarifies a lot for me. Cheers! 

@emilian quote:

Yes, they drop in Onslaught ONLY  (not in Mastery not in Trials not in Incursions).

The Rate of drop is one Green Pack every 5-7 maps, and Blue more rare ...  and Purple, i am Floor 105 and i droped only 2 in my life.

But there is a catch Emoji_GobHuntress.png ... you ONLY drop Defender Packs at your CURRENT  Floor lvl. For example if i am 105 and i play Floor 1 to AFK farm the Packs ... i will get NONE ... if i help a friend (like i did) and he is Floor 104 (because he got Disconnect at Wave 5 map 3) i will not get any Packs.

Def packs used to drop on every Onslaught floor, even previously beaten ones. Ah...those were the days. I was (and am still) so mad that went away. Biggest mistake i have seen TE make since I've been playing DD2 IMO. 

NOTE - if you unlock higher Chaos tiers without playing Onslaught (i.e. Trials), you will lose all packs (or chances for) that were on those floors. If you really want packs, you have to do your progression all in Onslaught, even though it takes longer and can be harder by going that route - as compared to progressing through Trials. 

I have not climbed Onslaught from the ground up since they went from the # of Trial stages beat to Champion Score though, so it's possible some changes have occurred as well. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Def packs used to drop on every Onslaught floor, even previously beaten ones. Ah...those were the days. I was (and am still) so mad that went away. Biggest mistake i have seen TE make since I've been playing DD2 IMO.

Uh, okay. Its a free to play game. They should permanently let bots farm floor 1 for skins?
Skins that you gotta buy?

What you are asking for is firing all TE employees and shutting down the game..

@PandynatorDD quote:

Uh, okay. Its a free to play game. They should permanently let bots farm floor 1 for skins?

I think that is a grossly over exaggerated, and sounds more like an issue with PC bot creation than game design. No such issue on the PS4 apart from the fun factor being horrifically leached out of the game. And just sayin - but it was already in the game for months, and miraculously all TE employees survived. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

I think that is a grossly over exaggerated, and sounds more like an issue with PC bot creation than game design. No such issue on the PS4 apart from the fun factor being horrifically leached out of the game. And just sayin - but it was already in the game for months, and miraculously all TE employees survived. 

I don't know, but the def packs system and it's contents (except the Permafrost skins, Carnival Flair and the heroes' base costume accessories) were introduced when POTA was introduced.

Before that, Most of the costumes can only be bought using real money. The only thing that's free is the base heroes accessories and the flairs that's earnable through Mastery.

Base heroes accessories can be obtained through a specific hero lockbox which you can open by using a lockbox key that you can purchase from the Treasure Pirate for 500 def medals. You also were given an option to purchase those accessories through gems too. However, Dryad and Mystic do not have their own specific lockbox which mean you'll have to purchase them with gems.

There are free costumes but those are only for special purposes or events. Like survivor event players getting the survivor costume, Players get beat the heat bundle during summer event and Defense Council members getting the Dragonfall costumes free because they're Defense Council Members.

Just some info.

Too bad we have not see a new event skin in some time. I would love to see something come back around. Since i have joined DD2, i have yet to see one, except pay-for offers. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Too bad we have not see a new event skin in some time. I would love to see something come back around. Since i have joined DD2, i have yet to see one, except pay-for offers. 

Maybe Trendy would cook something up for this summer? Who knows. Anything could happen.

That reminds me of another free costume event although I wasn't in it. There is the winter lockboxes in 2015 where you'll have a chance to get a Humbug Holiday Costume instead of you having to buy them. Each respective hero lockbox gives it's respective costume.

Related image

Jaws_420 

I rushed through to get my Chaos levels, now I'm trying and get defenders in Onslaught and never get any.

So are you saying it is because I rushed through? If so will doing a Ancient reset help?

Thanks in advance.

@jumblebuck quote:

Jaws_420 

I rushed through to get my Chaos levels, now I'm trying and get defenders in Onslaught and never get any.

So are you saying it is because I rushed through? If so will doing a Ancient reset help?

Thanks in advance.

Kind of an old thread, but yes - you are right. You will only gain possibly def packs on the levels you push forward from the point you have unlocked as your highest achieved floor. You can go backwards and get your Prestige Weapons, but the packs only have a chance to drop on new floors, and even then - it is a % chance, not a guarantee. Hostilely, right now the best place to get packs is from the free holiday presents TE is giving from the tree daily. If you reset, and do not push Chaos Expeditions first, you can get a chance at a def pack for each new floor in Onslaught you do.