Sign in to follow this  
darksteelhyren

Think I'm gonna uninstall until this 3 map thing is done away with.

@uzar quote:

Wow you guys are complicated :)  1 map at a time , every 3 maps completed is a floor. 

Yes!!!! This - right here. 

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

Does any of you "it´s too easy then" people have the slightest clue how hard it is to find the right time to do 3 maps at once with your friends if 3 people work in different jobs?

Not saying I'm against any ideas or that I don't agree or disagree but, ever heard of an MMO raid group for an endgame dungeon? These usually take several hours and require 6 or more people to be there the whole time. These do sometimes have save points but then require the exact same group or you have to start over. 

Long gaming sessions are normal things, though no one is forcing you to do Onslaught nor is it required for any of the other content in the game. If you don't have the time then don't do it, simple as that.

@Exglint quote:

Long gaming sessions are normal things, though no one is forcing you to do Onslaught nor is it required for any of the other content in the game. If you don't have the time then don't do it, simple as that.

Trendy is forcing everyone to get to Onslaught 65 to reset, so I think you missed something fairly basic with your comment.

Having a save every map in no way makes things easier, it just allows the game to be open to more players.

Those that can do long sessions and would perhaps play games that require these long sessions and those that are casual gamers who may have 30 minutes to an hour to try and progress.

Currently 3 map floors gate the whole Ancient Power thing from a lot of the player base, that is just insanely poor game design. 

@Fozzie quote:

Trendy is forcing everyone to get to Onslaught 65 to reset, so I think you missed something fairly basic with your comment.

Okay, I'm interested, How are they forcing us? Resets aren't required for anything, they are just another endgame system we have an option of doing. Chaos 7, Mastery and Incursions can be completed without it.

@Exglint quote:
@Fozzie quote:

Okay, I'm interested, How are they forcing us? Resets aren't required for anything, they are just another endgame system we have an option of doing. Chaos 7, Mastery and Incursions can be completed without it.

I think you answered yourself. Every mode listed is 1 map per game. if someone wants to play Onslaught, they are then forced to do the 3 map system, and as countless threads and posts have shown - many people do not have the time to play that straight through that much at once. Just because others do have the time - does not make it fair for the rest. This is about accessibility of the game to the masses and TE cannot afford to simply shrug their shoulders for the masses and say "sucks to be you". Not if it still wants to be around 1 year from now. A small handful of hardcores will not keep this ship afloat. If you truly like this game, then you need to consider how things in the game affect all players. Given the overwhelming amount of posts from players denouncing the 3 map system, i find it extremely challenging that anyone can really make an argument that it is still a good idea for anyone but themselves to keep it as it is, and i fail to see how 1 map per floor in any way takes anything anyway from current players. This obsession with making the game "challenging" will be the ruin of this game if we are not careful. 

Oh I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any changes, just simply pointing out that in the games current position and form, Onslaught and Ancient Power are completely optional and until there is a reason to actually do it there is no forced action here. :)

@Exglint quote:

Oh I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any changes, just simply pointing out that in the games current position and form, Onslaught and Ancient Power are completely optional and until there is a reason to actually do it there is no forced action here. :)

Let's look into the future then ;)

Probably eventually, there's gotta be content that require Ancient Power, which mean there's a reason. Maybe that's when change is needed?

@Exglint quote:

I agree to that in a sense. Since i hit floor 56, i have stopped playing Onslaught. However, if you want to get AP bonuses and reset - then you are forced to do 55-65 at a min. However, since i have zero plans to reset, i stopped playing Onslaught mostly. I only do it now to help carry or if i am bored. 

i will say this - if the AP system was revamped and the 3 floor rule was eliminated, i would gladly return to this game mode. The burnout on grinding Trials is much greater than Onslaught though...hence the reason it was most likely made. 

So yes, it is not forced on you, as long as you don't mind ever playing this mode ever again and have no desire to ever reset. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Exglint quote:

Probably eventually, there's gotta be content that require Ancient Power, which mean there's a reason. Maybe that's when change is needed?

Then it will be on Trendy when they have an idea for content that requires AP to remember this thread and change this as well so that it can all be rolled into one and it will do two things rather than one. First, people will be able to do the content, but secondly and most importantly, people won't already have all the resets done giving them more stuff to do rather than burn the new stuff and go back to having nothing to do.

@Exglint quote:

@Exglint quote:

Then it will be on Trendy when they have an idea for content that requires AP to remember this thread and change this as well so that it can all be rolled into one and it will do two things rather than one. First, people will be able to do the content, but secondly and most importantly, people won't already have all the resets done giving them more stuff to do rather than burn the new stuff and go back to having nothing to do.

Yeah, I suppose it have to be carefully done then.

@Exglint quote:

@Exglint quote:

I doubt any content will be balanced around AP.

Why make new content that only a low % of your player base will do?

Sure they can make it scale?

But we already got a scaling difficulty.. and it offers next to zero rewards for pushing harder content.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Exglint quote:

@Exglint quote:

I doubt any content will be balanced around AP.

Why make new content that only a low % of your player base will do?

Sure they can make it scale?

But we already got a scaling difficulty.. and it offers next to zero rewards for pushing harder content.

I guess we'll see what's coming in the future. But still, if content is not really gonna be based on AP, why increase the Asc talent caps? 

Of course, to push higher onslaught floors... but results in future content being cheesed...

Though, yeah, I'm definitely not a fan on AP. The only thing I currently like about AP is the Icons.

@Exglint quote:

You may as well say Mastery and Trials are optional and everybody should just play campaign.  Onslaught was added because everybody complained about being bored and needed new content.  It's currently the only progression available for people who've achieved C7.  You can progress on highest floor or chase min ascension and talent caps.

@Exglint quote:

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

Does any of you "it´s too easy then" people have the slightest clue how hard it is to find the right time to do 3 maps at once with your friends if 3 people work in different jobs?

Not saying I'm against any ideas or that I don't agree or disagree but, ever heard of an MMO raid group for an endgame dungeon? These usually take several hours and require 6 or more people to be there the whole time. These do sometimes have save points but then require the exact same group or you have to start over. 

This is not an MMO. We talk about 3 maps in a row. That´s like apples and cows. Can´t compare that. Not even close. The fact that you have single maps with a defined number of waves is one reason why i choose this game. So i can hop in for one map and still have progress withoug having to spend too much time at once. (obviously had no clue about onlsaught back then...)

We do have a break in between already, you just can´t save. It takes literally not more skill to do 3 maps at once compared to do only one map at once.

It wouldn´t make any difference besides that you don´t need that much time for one sitting. No one has any disadvantages if we get a save and more people have the option to play onslaught.

It´s a free to play game with micro transactions. Would be a wise move from the devs to do something for people with jobs. just saying.  That´s marketing 101.

And you don´t need to play onslaught? how the F should i get Ancient Power without?

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

And you don´t need to play onslaught? how the F should i get Ancient Power without? 

@Exglint quote:

Resets aren't required for anything, they are just another endgame system we have an option of doing. Chaos 7, Mastery and Incursions can be completed without it.

Literally my next post after the one you quoted and answers you last question.

Also I was using MMO raid groups as an example of gamers in common games putting together larger groups to do content that takes a lot of time. 

If stuff like this comes to be part of your game and you cant balance life and game to get enough time to do it then you move on to a game that offers more flexibility time wise. Until such a time that we actually need AP in order to complete content, I see no need for a save feature so people can do one map a day to get up to floor 65 to reset.

Still a save point between maps wouldn't effect anything in the game. But it would enable more players to play the game and progress. 

@Exglint quote:

Also I was using MMO raid groups as an example of gamers in common games putting together larger groups to do content that takes a lot of time. 

If stuff like this comes to be part of your game and you cant balance life and game to get enough time to do it then you move on to a game that offers more flexibility time wise. Until such a time that we actually need AP in order to complete content, I see no need for a save feature so people can do one map a day to get up to floor 65 to reset.

I don’t see why people are coming off as so hostile for a save feature. It wouldn’t make the game any easier only more accessible. I could be mistaken but I believe it is currently impossible to fail a floor enough to cause a map 1 restart. If someone completes it over a 1 hour sitting or 3 20 minute sittings the difficulty is the same it’s just less open for people to play. Personally I have ample time to do a session currently but I can see why people could have issues juggling commitments.  Just because someone doesn’t have time to complete the current content doesn’t mean the content is too challenging, the enemies have a set spawn rate so regardless of how well you build you’re stuck with a minimum playtime regardless.

I didnt read all posts maybe someone else said it already

if there is only 1 map per floor i could reroll as much as i want till i would say "nice map nice mutators gg"...

it wouldnt be "hard" (and in my opinion it should be hard) to get to floor 200+ it just would be time consuming...

i would love a save option between every map but still 3 (or maybe even 4maps... and also more different maps we have 21(22) maps in the pool but are only playing like 10?) maps per floor... but with some cuts...
maybe only 2 reroll and also only 2 replay per map/reroll (maybe only 1 reset/reroll?) then if you cant beat it you can click on restart floor...

@Krro quote:

Still a save point between maps wouldn't effect anything in the game. But it would enable more players to play the game and progress.

That still leaves the fundamental question. To what purpose is getting through this content when nothing requires it?

I also like this word, "Progress", its a nice keyword to get people on board with a change, but has a loophole. Make a save feature and players get around the time constraint, finally reset and get their Talent caps, xp/gold bonus, and Ancient Power point, then climb back to max c7 gear. Right where you started, the only difference is a tiny bit of extra power you didn't need to clear c7 before, thus not fully establishing progress.

Like I said I'm not against this idea or the others like it, I just feel there should be something existing to require such a change. Since we don't have any content that needs this then the players don't need AP or any of the bonuses.

Even more so, look at it from another standpoint. Assuming it takes 10 hours to reset each time from fresh reset to floor 65 and reset again, you have to do it 50 times to get all AP. That's 500 hours total. If you can play for only 2 hours a day (Or one floor) then it would take you 250 days out of the 365 of the year. Keep in mind 10 hours is an outstanding if not nearly impossible time to maintain each reset. So technically, even if you got this save system you would be stuck in a loop of resetting for the rest of time play catch up with everyone else.

[[174624,users]]

You can still do onslaught 200+ without AP resets. So I don't understand what you mean with that there is nothing worth doing with a save feature? 

Personally onslaught is the only thing I do when I play because I refuse to do AP resets in it's current form, it's so badly implemented and boring, but that's a different discussion. 

I stopped at 114 many weeks ago mainly because of lack of time to do 3 maps in one sitting but also random crashes/disconnects on temple map, and that there is no save option between maps in onslaught.  Would I start playing again with a save option, yes, I would at least spend a few hours a week on DD2 in it's current form. 

You could do c7 trials. Time commitment is 10-20 mins, better xp and gold, still gets you increased talent caps and min asc, and you can stop after any map. If you dont plan to reset then this is still endgame since going higher on floors provides the same benefit as grinding asc in c7.

@Exglint quote:

You could do c7 trials. Time commitment is 10-20 mins, better xp and gold, still gets you increased talent caps and min asc, and you can stop after any map. If you dont plan to reset then this is still endgame since going higher on floors provides the same benefit as grinding asc in c7.

Yea but playing C7 with end game gear is mind numbing boring.  If somebody likes that then they may as well turn off the game and just watch endless seinfeld reruns and hope death comes quickly.

Onslaught keeps things interesting with more maps and random lane/mutator combos.

For the record i like onslaught just as it is, save for the random crashes. But i also understand the time constraints and desires others have. That being said

As crazy as this may sound. And I'm gonna warn you all in advance my math won't be exact  because i dont really remember where the always 3 map begins. but close enough to get an idea.  For those wanting a single floor save, a plausible solution would be to  increase the floor count.

1 map = 1 floor.

As it stands right now playing on exclusively onslaught and not jumping trials (bad math)

There are approximatly 138 maps to get to floor 65, 192 for floor 92 and 261 for 114.

With that I'm not going to work all the numbers out save for chaos 7. Completing chaos trials 7 would unlock the floor 163.

Then of course prestige unlock would be also set to a higher floor of 203.

Of course doing this completely negates the reroll/replay. And also a large chunk of the randomness of onslaught. If you don't like the mods you rolled you can simply reload the level as many times as you like. And as far as I'm concerned the random this is what you get to deal with is what makes the game mode different from trials.

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

@Exglint quote:

Resets aren't required for anything, they are just another endgame system we have an option of doing. Chaos 7, Mastery and Incursions can be completed without it.

Dude, seriously. nothing would change for you with save options. NOTHING.  It would just be more appealing to play for other people who don´t have as much time as you do. Why do you want to make it hard to play onslaught for others so bad?

FKNG NOTHING CHANGES FOR YOU WITH A SAVE OPTION.  Stop beeing a jerk here. Why on earth, would you care how long someone else needs for something? It´s PvE you don´t gain any disadvantages with a save option.