Sign in to follow this  
pRefa

Power Transfer question

How does this shard calculates the amount of crit dmg to transfer?

I have legendary relic with 16k DP and 6.3k DCD with this 3 shards: Mass destruction, Defense Crit DMG and Power transfer.

In total the stats are like this:

DP:  24k

DCD: 8.867k without Power Transfer and 9028 with power transfer.

My question is: Why is power transfer only giving my defense 200 DCD? That is not even close to 60% of 24k. When does it calculate this stuff?

If you are viewing the stats from the inventory screen then yes, power transfer only adds a small amount to that number.  Just build the tower and view the stats with and without the shard and you will see the difference in Crit Damage and also the overall dps.

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Maybe Juicebags knows?

TCPOP (Take Care Peace Out Peeps)

Power Transfer doesn't stack with Destruction or Mass Destruction. So it is calculating the number based off of your pre Mass Destruction total. Have fun!

Yeah, the numbers seem off. there is no way PT only added 161 crit damage points. 

@Huckleberry4u quote:

If you are viewing the stats from the inventory screen then yes, power transfer only adds a small amount to that number.  Just build the tower and view the stats with and without the shard and you will see the difference in Crit Damage and also the overall dps.

I think this may be on point. Ensure to actually go build the tower and use those numbers, and reconfirm here. 

I do not think that Hyper shards get included in any revised stats totals (only naked stats), but i am pretty sure the other two should. 

Build one and reconfirm the DP and DCD numbers prior to PT use, then the numbers again after the shard is used. I was just testing the Power Pylon shard last night, and it 100% does include revised stats totals in its bump, so it is likely PT and DCD should as well. 

Try removing the Mass destruction shard and also testing this. Try it just without it (and nothing replaced), and then also try it with just a destruction shard and compare the results. 

Indeed. The shard is transfering the correct amount but its only visible through the inspect option on the tower. From the user interface it doesnt even try I think.

Thanks for the help!

@pRefa quote:

Indeed. The shard is transfering the correct amount but its only visible through the inspect option on the tower. From the user interface it doesnt even try I think.

Thanks for the help!

I'm not 100% on this as i have never understood it either, but i think that the numbers you see from the menu are base numbers, and i believe that those are multiplied/scaled by different stats that you have. The only way to see the resultant final values is to build the defense then inspect it. So when you see "20% added", that refers specifically to those final numbers - not the base ones in the menu. 

Now why we even have those base numbers to see and look at is beyond me. Since they are not final numbers, they are not that helpful in making final decision on how to shard up a tower. It is odd you have a stats page, but still have to build it in order to see the full values. I don' really care what the base values are - all i care is how much actual DMG or HP something has. 

Power transfer ignores almost all other shards like destruction and frosty power. I think Vampiric empowerment is the only thing that can boost power transfer, but I'm not 100% on that.

As far as in the in menu stat, like mentioned, its a long known visual bug. It does add 60% of your DP stat as DCrit though, the UI just doesn't show the correct number after its added.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Now why we even have those base numbers to see and look at is beyond me. Since they are not final numbers, they are not that helpful in making final decision on how to shard up a tower. It is odd you have a stats page, but still have to build it in order to see the full values. I don' really care what the base values are - all i care is how much actual DMG or HP something has. 

Because, for perhaps more questionable reasons, almost all shards scale off those stat numbers rather than the towers actual stats. That makes those numbers quite valuable to know for those shards. Unfortunately... DD2's UIs have been notorious for bugs in the past year or two.

@xArcAngel quote:

Power transfer ignores almost all other shards like destruction and frosty power. I think Vampiric empowerment is the only thing that can boost power transfer, but I'm not 100% on that.

As far as in the in menu stat, like mentioned, its a long known visual bug. It does add 60% of your DP stat as DCrit though, the UI just doesn't show the correct number after its added.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Because, for perhaps more questionable reasons, almost all shards scale off those stat numbers rather than the towers actual stats. That makes those numbers quite valuable to know for those shards. Unfortunately... DD2's UIs have been notorious for bugs in the past year or two.

What's really odd is that when I add the DCD shard the ui correctly calculates the amount of crit it gained (34%). So the problem maybe tied to certain shards I think.

I do not know if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

In my mind it should be calculated on top of any stats alternating each other. That's the point, otherwise it should say so on the shard.

I think xArcAngel you are correct Power Transfer does indeed scale off of Vampiric Empowerment. Which makes it a better choice than Destruction or even Mass Destruction if you are looking for Crits.

Anyway this should be fixed or inform the players if it does not affect other shards.

My guess is this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU4PTGsE-OFpyQkgSdx7Vb0fd2c7e11f37c1c0335b1c6436d0710.jpg

It does work with Vampiric, which is no good (as it should not interact with others), but there is a change coming for Power Transfer. A change so change-y you can't even change your mindset to fathom the change.

maniacal%2Blaughter%2Bfuturama.%20gif

For 2.4? This week?!!?!?!

@Lawlta quote:

It does work with Vampiric, which is no good (as it should not interact with others), but there is a change coming for Power Transfer. A change so change-y you can't even change your mindset to fathom the change.

@Lawlta quote:

It isn't enough to just nerf the overused shards if the generic ones continue to outperform tower specific options. This will just make content more difficult than it already is. 

Actually, the only thing Power Transfer does at the moment is homogenize Medallions and Marks to be approximately the same thing on most defenses. A slight change in the percentage of PT in either direction would have a profound effect on which relic you choose to use for defenses.

OOOHHHHH, I see what happened. Ice said (on 3/26) Server changes "in the next two weeks." Then the twitter post 2.3.3 preps servers for 2.4. Also There was a comment about nimbus being fixed in the patch that Ice was talking about. 

If you squint really hard at all the clues, it sounds like 2.4 is coming within 2 weeks of 3/26.  But that's partially speculation

@Lawlta quote:

nope.gif

@Lawlta quote:

Good luck with that.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Lawlta quote:

Good luck with that.

OOO   don't nerf my secret thing a ma jiggy

@Lawlta quote:

I'll throat punch every cat in the game if you change PT enough that it negates my hours upon hours of PT farming...