Sign in to follow this  
BeerGoggles

Frosty power

Anybody tried frosty power + power transfer +DS on a medallion with frostbite tower? Seemed pretty good with my slimepit, and LSA. Maybe even bees if I can get them in the lane. 

Seems like this was killed off by pdt meta. but maybe it's time for a comeback :) 

Medallion with Deadly Strikes + Frosty power  + Vampiric = 46.25% damage buff in the aura around the frozen  mob (Tested on slimes)

46% on LSA, 38.4% on bees

Test results from the later conversation: 

Tree (mil)Slimes (k)Bees (k)
Power PylonFortificationPP BuffstandardPP BuffStandard
Level13.3384.447307255558523
Level25.3417.16391326989937
Slime PP Buff%Bees PP Buff%
20.39%6.69%
19.94%5.55%

@BeerGoggles quote:

Anybody tried frosty power + power transfer +DS on a medallion with frostbite tower? Seemed pretty good with my slimepit, and LSA. Maybe even bees if I can get them in the lane. 

Seems like this was killed off by pdt meta. but maybe it's time for a comeback :) 

I wonder if you can then stack a boost aura over that as well...and a buff beam? I mean why not go crazy?!?! I wonder how many boost stacks you can possibly do on one defense, at one time, including all hero skills? I feel the need to flush this out in full, so sorry if i go nuts on this. 

Towers - We have Monk's Boost aura (all dmg) [boosted power shard +20% pwr], EV's Buff beam (PWR), Frosty with FP shard (+50% pwr), Power Pylon shard +120% power in neighboring blockade from another hero

Heroes - we have AL Direct Command (pwr/speed) [with Berserk Master shard + 5 sec] [Ramster Power + 35% DC dmg power] , Initiate's Talisman of Empowerment (Pwr/Crit) [with Chi Burst shard +20% Crit], Squire Fight Me Not shard (+25% dmg), and LM's Eruption (incr tower power and speed).

Note - best AL tower damage boost shard is only about 600% of damage to use with direct command, while other towers have up to 4000-5000% power damage capable. If you are going for max added value is all i mean by this note, so an AL tower may not be the best base if you want to see some really crazy max damage values. In that sense you can also add all the shards that lower enemy def - which would effectively "boost" the damage you do to them, but that adds a whole other level to this... I am trying to stick to pure boost ability. 

So for completely max buffing, if any of these stack at all mind you, you would want to place down a tower with whatever max damage shards you want in it. Most boosts cater to PWR, so keep that in mind in the setup - as you can either max that PWR amount out, or use that to buff the power stat and then Power Transfer it all over to crit, since crit scales at 5X power. Then with that tower down, max upgrade it. Next, place (all with the shards mentioned above in them and maxed out) a Boost Aura, Buff Beam, and Frost Tower all within their respective ranges to that one tower. Then place a barricade next to it that has Power Pylon in it. 

Next, depending on how many heroes you can have on screen at once, you would put Initiate next to the tower with skill activated, and then have a Squire out in front of the enemy this whole setup would target, have LM erupt next to the tower, and if you decided to use an Abyss Lord tower as the base for this whole debacle - you can then also activate the Direct Command. 

I think that is as much as you can boost if i read all the shard pages right, with no mention of stacking issues. 

Last note - Health boosting, if you wanted to go for HP instead of Power, there are some boost options as well down that road. 

Health Pylon +130% health in neighboring blockade from another hero, Boost Aura with Boosted Blockade shard + 20% HP, and several shield options (Dryad Tree McBufferson, or Shielding Guard shards).

Okay, i am done. that was fun. 

Ya, but check this out: Frostbite tower passes 50% of its Defense Power stat to defenses within its frost aura.

For 30 DU, you can get all your slimes hitting 50% harder. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Ya, but check this out: Frostbite tower passes 50% of its Defense Power stat to defenses within its frost aura.

For 30 DU, you can get all your slimes hitting 50% harder. 

And Power Pylon add 120%. if you put that on your tree... 

@BeerGoggles quote:

I use power pylon. provides more hp than fort in trees, but doesnt provide much more dps

Power pylon adds up to 120% def power. Heath Pylon adds up to 130% HP. I'm not sure what you mean by the Power pylon adding HP.....? 120% more def power ought to really jack the DPS up. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Man! I really gotta try those someday....too bad I'm on reset mode :( For them darn def packs!

yeah, only issues is they do not boost the blockade it is in, so you need a dummy blockade in a sense to carry it. 

Ok, to add to this we also have skills that incr damage taken by enemies:

Tower:

Hailstorm Tower (flying), Maw of the Earthdrake Crumbling Stone shard +20% dmg to those it petrifies, Geyser Trap +  Drench Shard +35% damage (after initial attack by same trap), 

Hero:

Squire Fight Me not shard, Initiate Crippling Chi Wave, Gunwith Book Drop [Dewey Deathimal System +15% more damage, Enduring Drop +7sec to spell] and the Read or Die shard adds book drop transform ability to the Scatter Sweep and Broom Vault abilities, Barbarian shout??? (i thought this incr. enemy dmg taken when done in one stance), Adept Wither Bubble +15% damage, 

So to add to the previous setup - target a flying enemy (that is targeting your squire), add an Hailstorm tower to an air lane. If on ground, add an geyser trap instead as i'm pretty sure no air unit can activate traps. Make the barricade that has the Power Pylon in it is the Maw of the Earthdrake, and let it petrify the enemy (after it goes over the geyser shard). Caution - if you petrify the enemy though, i do not think you can use any Gunwitch spells, so you would have to decide on one or the other. 

Then have your heroes run over to the enemy target and quickly use - the Initiate Crippling Chi Wave, then Barbarian shout???, Adept Wither Bubble, and then Gunwitch to transform them into a book (if not petrified already), then switch back to squire in hopes somehow after all of that the enemy is targeting you....while they are a book....ok, this got weird...

Not sure about stacking issues here from those that can actually be done concurrently. But - i think this is as much as you can buff and/or debuff an attack on a single unit...

Power pylon increases Tree HP more than fortification. Try it ;)

@Jaws_420 quote:

Man! I really gotta try those someday....too bad I'm on reset mode :( For them darn def packs!

yeah, only issues is they do not boost the blockade it is in, so you need a dummy blockade in a sense to carry it. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Power pylon works different than you think. Expect more like 5% defense power increase

Is that a bug then? Description reads at 120% DEF Power increase. That should more than double it. If it is not a bug, then how does it actually work???? 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Power pylon increases Tree HP more than fortification. Try it ;)

How is this not a  bug???? Nothing about this shard should effect HP... 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Tower:

Hailstorm Tower (flying), Maw of the Earthdrake Crumbling Stone shard +20% dmg to those it petrifies, Geyser Trap +  Drench Shard +35% damage (after initial attack by same trap), 

Mystic's Sand Viper's beam ramps up damage the longer the beam is on an enemy. Though the Split Viper shard nullifies the ramps up in exchange for multiple targeting.

So here's the tooltip: Increases the Defense Power of nearby defenses to 120%. Note: Requires a Blockade but this shard does not buff the Blockade that equips this shard.

But it only does a marginal damage increase to defenses really close. But mainly increases that tower it's equipped to.  It's a little confusing, but that's why it pays to test it out

@Jaws_420 quote:

Tower:

Mystic's Sand Viper's beam ramps up damage the longer the beam is on an enemy. Though the Split Viper shard nullifies the ramps up in exchange for multiple targeting.

I hear you. I was looking more for pure boosting instead of max damage output. I just wanted to see how many boost stacks one could actually add if they wanted to go crazy. If i was going to go for top max damage that a hero or tower could do in one hit (or DPS), i think that would require even more research. Some damage boosts are way more than the buff boosts listed here. 

If i wanted pure damage, i think i would start with the Blaze Balloon Trap and the Blazing Phoenix shard, as that adds 5000% DEF Power damage, and that is the highest single tower damage boost shard in the game from what i can find. I am not sure where the Sand Viper caps at, but i know that it does. I'm also not sure which tower has the highest damage output at max upgrades at its naked base power, as that should also factor in. Then of course Ascension points and AP bonuses too...

@BeerGoggles quote:

So here's the tooltip: Increases the Defense Power of nearby defenses to 120%. Note: Requires a Blockade but this shard does not buff the Blockade that equips this shard.

But it only does a marginal damage increase to defenses really close. But mainly increases that tower it's equipped to.  It's a little confusing, but that's why it pays to test it out

yeah, i am following you right up until the HP changes. Nowhere in that description does it say anything about health. And from your info, it sounds like the DEF Power boost is nowhere near 120%. I mean i agree with testing things out, but this seems way off base here. 

So how is this not a completely broken shard then? It does not seem to do anything it is supposed to? 

@BeerGoggles quote:

... Note: Requires a Blockade but this shard does not buff the Blockade that equips this shard.

... But mainly increases that tower it's equipped to...  

Those two lines make it seem like a bug if that's how what the tests show (and if I'm understanding this right). Power Pylon isn't supposed to effect the defense (Blockade) it is equipped to, according to the description.

@BeerGoggles quote:

I'll post the numbers once I get home. Gotta see 'em to believe em.

LOL, yeah now i am itching to go home and test it. 

Apparently I"m full of ***. But here's the numbers:

Tree (mil)Slimes (k)Bees (k)
PowerFortificationPP BuffstandardPP BuffStandard

In %

Slime PP Buff%Bees PP Buff%
20.39%6.69%
19.94%5.55%

You guys keep forgetting that all these shards that buff power n hp is to the base amount without relic. Only if u have a large amount into talents will you notice a huge difference. They are meant to work like the ancient power % buffs.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, that was my understanding, and im not perfect :)

I rather have the range and place bees further forward than close to trees, that way they kill before enemies get close. 

Eveeyone is different and thats why this game is so dynamic. If it works for you perfect, it didnt for me when i tested it.

You're talking about power pylon? or frosty power?  I don't build around the power pylon buff, but sometimes  you get one just cause the lane is short (or whatever)

@chickendude33 quote:

You guys keep forgetting that all these shards that buff power n hp is to the base amount without relic. Only if u have a large amount into talents will you notice a huge difference. They are meant to work like the ancient power % buffs.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, that was my understanding, and im not perfect :)