Sign in to follow this  
Sstonne

DD2 Wish List

I’m making this thread so people can give some quick pointers on how to make DD2 a better game, or features they would like to see come in the future. 

I’ll start with my ideas:

- Reduce the amount time it takes to get to ancient power 50, significantly

- Make the grind of getting ancient power (Repeatably doing trials/onslaught) less repetitive and boring

- No one wants to reset their account, so help us out a little bit and maybe don’t de-level shards or something like that on reset

If you ever think of a change that should happen to the game, feel free to post here. I’m on the edge of quitting DD2, but some of these ideas shown here, if they are added to the game, could change that and make DD2 a game I actually look forward to playing. 

Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas. :)

I won't say anything about the game content because I want to see what tuning they will do this year.

QoL:

1) Stacked boss health bars.

2) Leave Party PC controller button mapping.

My wishlist :

-trading implemented for cosmetics, shards, and pets

-more tower skins (most heroes only have 0-2 alternates). Currently this seems like an underused system in the game. 

Top 3: 

- AP re-work

- Onslaught after 65 redesign (jump to highest completed +1, Def. pack every temple.)

- Interesting items 

Other stuff:

- Shard re-work (get rid of the trash, maybe make some competition for PT and DS)

- Pet re-work (what are pets even for?)

- Defender packs (Mythical at least should only drop stuff you don't have, maybe others). 

- Onslaught balance (fix some of the weird stuff. CB or bullet sponge air, cursi-kaze debuff op, Flame aura should keep my stuff warm vs frost orcs. )

My concern is primarily on end-game content, which is also where many of my friends have lost interest and quit.

Number 1: Ancient Power needs rework, and a good one that makes people actually want to reset. Talent caps are nice but when do players actually get to use it? The focus should be brought back to AP instead of talent caps. (I'm not coming back until this changes)

Number 2: Onslaught Gating. Onslaught is too segregated. Allow grouping within each chaos tier, and free grouping past 55. +1 progress as long as the floor completed is higher. Together with more multiplayer incentives, this will make for a more enjoyable DD2 experience.

Number 3: Onslaught save/1 map per floor. Crashing/DC on the 3rd map is really no fun. Or for those that may not have enough time to spend over an hour on a floor. 

Number 4: Continue on highest floor. This is really a big issue for those who have reset and are trying to push onslaught for higher min ascension/higher rewards/challenge. Mundane and too much time doing floors 65 to 92/114/250 all over again. 

Other points: 

- HP scaling in multiplayer is too punishing. Using the same build on lost temple, my defences are unable to hold on floor 60s for a 4 man team but perform better on much higher floors solo.

- Defender packs are way too rare/give too many duplicates. Having done over 500 floors, I still don't have half of the unlockable cosmetics.

- Mobs/bosses getting stuck in spawn. This happens way too often and take a long time to despawn.

Only one item on my wishlist... Being able to SAVE between maps on Onslaught floors, NOT JUST REPLAY. 

Replay only solves the issue for those who have the time to play even longer than they had planned. 

Gonna rephrase it. I wasn't being serious just now. Now I will be pure serious.

1. Ancient Power rework/boost change.

I support everything Sstonne and BerryJelly said. I'm getting bored going up and this just on my first reset (yes, I could've just go for trials, but I'm farming for def packs which makes it even more :(...) And here's what mostly what I just don't like about the scale of Ancient Power : A lot of time is gonna be used to go up. And the amount of time to refill your ascension points....it's just too much time being used in a boring way.

It's supposed to be like this : Progress to Endgame gear, wait till updates that give new challenges and interesting items to grind for, not a repetitive pointless grind.....

I'm gonna give an Idea for Food for thought : How about making AP progress-able through a new type of Special Quest called Ancient Quests. When you've completed one, a new one will just appear, so it's just a matter of how fast you've completed them. Each Ancient Quest completed awards an Ancient Point. And when you reached a certain number of Ancient Points, you reset your points to gain an Ancient power. Each points reset also give a small amount of Asc talents increase. Because we don't have the gear and ascension reset in this idea, there's no need for XP and and gold boost.

Perhaps Ancient Quest can only be unlocked when one reached the current endgame - C7.

2. Defender Packs system changes

Well something's gotta be done with them, it's quite disappointing to see duplicates rerolls after rerolls. Either make def packs more common or just remove the duplicates....

Also, it's also what made me decide to farm onslaught instead of trials, which made the reset even more boring when one pack doesn't appear for floors.

BeerGoggles 's idea of only the Lost temple guaranteeing a def pack is a nice idea!

2.1 Certain Def pack cosmetic content changes.

I personally think that some stuff shouldn't be exclusive to def packs. I honestly find it odd on why costumes like, Woodland Apprentice, Farmboy Apprentice, Strongman Squire, Goblin Infiltrator Huntress, Ramster Knight Squire, Tiguar Monk and Depth Lord be exclusive for def packs....

I literally bought all (except Farmboy) these with real gems. Of course I would be happy to support Trendy but....this feels like a punch in the gut. I once got dupes for the Ramster and Depth Lord. Doesn't feel good. Plus separating the Dragonfall Carnival costume just doesn't seem right.

So I strongly feel that all these costume be brought back to where it belongs : the Seamstress. 

And if the def packs needs more content, maybe add the OG Galaxy versions to complete the set since the rest had their Galaxy version being exclusive to def packs....plus the entire Permafrost Collection have been put in too. (Whether will this be a punch in the gut for Permafrost and OG Galaxy buyers, I don't know. But one thing I know for sure, the costumes mentioned in the first paragraph deserves to be available through gems.)

3. Lore

We have no story post-campaign whatsoever....

Currently, it's just a Progression grind. There's no "next chapter in the story" to look forward to.

When most of AP/Incursion/Onslaught QOL change/revamp are done AND free-play/defense mode is (re)added, I personally think lore should be the new content for the game. "The Harbinger Awakens" was a nice update in my opinion even though I hadn't been in the game back then!

4. Gear uniqueness.

Right now, it's just progression grind, no unique items to grind for. We need great items that's so tantalizing that we'll be willing to blitzfarm for it. Be it unique armor or weapons. I would be suggesting an Idea for that soon.

5. Incursion revamp.

Right now incursion is just a one and done thing, which doesn't seem right..... I've said it before, make each incursion drops a different unique currency to buy the weapons from the wayfarer, Def medals just doesn't cut it.

Also, I think since incursion is more of a "Mini-game" mode, some incursion just gotta be revamped to fit the "Mini-Game" style. Incursions like "Power Surge", "Kobold Bling King", "Altar of the Athame", "Spectral Assault", the "Demon's Lair" and "Bastille Master" are great Mini-Games!

While incursions like, Chrome Enemies, Wyvern Enthusiast and Forest Poachers do really need some "ooompf!" They don't seem as drastic as "Buried Bastille" or "Power Surge"

The rest, I'm fine with them though they could use a sprinkle of spice to touch up. I will make a thread about these soon too.

And finally......NIGHTMARE must make a return for this!!!! Away with Chaos from incursion! Bring Nightmare back!

6. Chaos bosses on how they look.

I've covered this before but, I have to add this.

While some Chaos Bosses like Shield Goblin Gorbstock and Sniper Warbleed looks amazing, there are bosses that looks totally are overgrown version of themselves. Thorc and Gnash are perfect examples.

So...I really wish, that those bosses aesthetic to be changed till they're being uniquely distinguishable from their respective counterparts. I've made a post on a thread on how could they look instead. Really hope Trendy read that.

7. Onslaught multiplaying.

The Multiplaying System in Onslaught is just not good. I would really wish that anyone could just join any floor and any map. Having a buddy with you is always nice. Aside from the boring repetitive grind in Onslaught, solo-ing (to me) makes it even more boring.

To address the Anti-leech system, the Gear Score restriction is good enough. Literally.

So, yeah, that's my wish list on what I think it's solutions on what I see (and others too) see as big problems.

Too new to have a constructive list, but one point: 3 maps without saving in onslaught have to go. For me personally killing all the fun. Working plus gaming not beeing the only thing i do besides working makes it really hard to find the time for that.

1: Change maps per floor to 2 instead of 3

2: Make Temple only appear every 5th floor (5-10-15 etc)

3: More maps available in Ons, it feels like im alternating between 4 maps after floor 60

4: Pet revamp is needed, outside of sparkle party they just feel useless.

5: More maps! Xbox has been out the shortest and im so sick and tired of playing the same maps over and over with little variation.

6: Boss rush return! Sometimes you just wanna beat the *** out of something but cba building. Boss rush is the perfect place to let loose some aggression (and maybe its the place to find non lackluster weapons)

7: Slight buff to AP bonuses that needs it (Range is a perfect example of something extremely lackluster)

8: Prestige point coins. So you dont wanna spend 2m on viscious strikes? Well what about with every 1 (maybe 2) resets you get a coin that can be used to save an item the way it is? It might be a shard that you want saved or a godrolled totem/medallion/weapon. Considering the lack of item grinding that is currently in this game (compared to DD1) this would be a way of encouraging looking out for said items while pushing resets. "But if you have c7 gear you can just skip to c7 straight away" no not really if you add in a pre req that the item couldnt be equipped before you reach the tier it drops from. This could be a way for people to save gold/tears from having to part ways with some cool ***

@BeerGoggles quote:

Suspecting 2.4 will fix some of the onslaught issues. Dying to know what's in that update. Come on lawlta, tell us your secrets!!!

Angry Nimbus on Dead Road wave 5 shouldn't bug out anymore.

@Lawlta quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

Suspecting 2.4 will fix some of the onslaught issues. Dying to know what's in that update. Come on lawlta, tell us your secrets!!!

Angry Nimbus on Dead Road wave 5 shouldn't bug out anymore.

"Angry nimbus removed from game as of patch 2.4"

Onslaught is very mentally tiring.  It's set up as a long term grind, which is OK, but it's kind of anti-grind in nature.   My suggestions;

• The AP rewards should be bigger at the start and taper off as you reset.  The total effort to reach max end game benefits could be the same but for example you could get a good bonus on your first reset;  eg. 5 special hyper shards or 25 talent points or 10 AP points or some combination of these.   Maybe there's a new mini-game mode for the first reset so it takes a bit longer than the 25 or so matches it currently takes from finishing trials.
  • QOL improvements as noted elsewhere - saving progress,  more fun lane schedules, etc.
  • Free-to-play mode where you can just chill and grind for gold and XP.  Some people might do this just for the 'pick your own map and enemy game' play. Others might grind it for gold to upgrade their stuff after a reset.  Others might decide 100 talent points is enough and just want to grind XP so they can build up the ascension to actually use their points.

Of course once you get all buffed up after a bunch of resets, you need some new content or rewards to use it with.

To add to my previous list:

• Better tower balance: Right now many towers are just not viable due to horribly low attack rates, including animations artificially lengthening attack rates.  Other defenses could have DU costs reduced (Blaze Balloon) to be better in line with where other defenses are.
  • Shard Rework: Most tower-specific shards are highly ineffective due to the generic Power Transfer, Defense Crit Damage, Vampiric Empowerment, or Defense Power shards.  I would prefer to see the tower-specific shards outshine the others or at least provide an alternative option, such as changing the Ballista into an AOE focused tower with piercing and explosive bolts rather than a single target focus.

Traps AoE needs changing to DD1 ranges

Geodes should be absorb not reflect (said a million times)

Flamethrower needs a base range buff

Boost aura and buff beam need to boost\buff speed as well as DP and Dcrit to make them useful

Onslaught must have a mid floor save its a no brainer and long overdue (get on with it)

Gold reward on ancient power reset equal to 1/3rd of gold spent on shards, nothing for gear or pets.

One pack of large pet boosters on reset

Two 1000 defender medal packs on reset

All the above soften the blow.  

Another one :

-rebalance the number of shards per chaos tier. C4 and C5 have one 30 each right now, which means you can do over 70 maps with a fair probability of never seeing what you actually want. 

1- NUMBER ONE PLZ O PLZ! before creating any content keep the people at mind not money

2- Incorporating new concept  allow the community have a valuable input before the uproar, otherwise you just adding extra work correcting simple logical matters like , bad combinations lanes on onslaught, clear lack of incentive of AP, simple saving methods, i could really go on but there would a complete essay here. In  a nut shell just keep in my user experience in mind.

3-Onslaught gating from the first 5 floors 9/10 people understood it divided the community, how you guys missed that am still amazed so this is something i would like  addressed in a manner that is fitting for all. 

4 Loot is anther big wish list of mine, i know it is in the pipe works but you guys really need to take a page out of DD1 success, the whole idea is to draw more people to the game and retain them not discourage them. 

5- Stand by what you believe in , if you guys are encouraging cooperative play then make it an incentive to play as such, in DD1 when you played in a four man team the loot had a much greater drop rate thus allot of people to pair up. 

6- Reward and don't punish............... 

1) save option in onslought

2) survival mode

3) free to play maps

4) pets like dd1

5) platinum gear which isnt affected by reset

6) gear bonus like dd1

7) more maps

8) Ancient Power rework

9) Nightmare