Sign in to follow this  
Nefhith

So, is trading out of the window by now?

Considering how Ancient Power works and everythin, the point of it is basically setting all your gear to 0. That means if you could trade items, item resetting would be silly (you could trade items to your mule account and get them back once you reset).

We've been asking for trading since forever (duplicate skins, spare items, pets...). Does it mean we can just straight up stop asking about it?

I cant see a way they could implement trading without eventually subsequently creating a "black-market" of pay to win and then them selling gems and people farming and playing the game for gold and medals becomes pointless when people can just go on eBay for say and buy the best gear not only upsetting how they want you to play the game but forever guaranteeing that money starts to flow and not back into the development of the game. i would personally love!!!! to see some sort of system but i see no way without running into this sort of problem. They said at one point when they was first working on the game that they defiantly didn't want DD2 to have a black market pay to win sorta system so i doubt we will see it sadly

I would still like trading for cosmetics and pets.  There are duplicate costumes and accessories I still have, while I didn't get all of the limited time ones from the winter lockboxes that were out for a while. 

"We’re looking at ways to store items, ways to create and customize existing items, ways to exchange items, and ways to enhance items. Did I mention that we’re heavily looking into making items more interesting?"

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152903/dev-log-96-barbarians-wrath 

Some people have suggested a way to keep your items through reset. Like a lockbox that you can't access till you complete 65. You could unlock trading at that point. But then Trading would just be for endgame gear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Would you spend gold on c5 gear though? So maybe that'd be ok

And shards. :) 

@gotrunks712 quote:

I would still like trading for cosmetics and pets.  There are duplicate costumes and accessories I still have, while I didn't get all of the limited time ones from the winter lockboxes that were out for a while. 

@gotrunks712 quote:

Exactly. :-)

If cosmetics were tradeable some people would even purchase some of those seasonal costumes multiple times just so they can trade it.

The thing is that there isnt anything special enough to trade in the game, everything is easy enough to get as it is. 

Thanks for the not-so-useful answer, [[166314,users]]. At least, I'd appreciate a link to the other question, or an actually useful response to the joke.

Trendy's Position on trading: We’re looking at ways to store items, ways to create and customize existing items, ways to exchange items, and ways to enhance items. Did I mention that we’re heavily looking into making items more interesting?

Tldr: looking into it

I linked to the source above. It sounds like they are aware that people have requested it. 

Even being able to drop gear for your mates in your private tavern would be good. I remember seeing someone else's defender pack in the town hub, so there is code that can be used to have gear from player X show for player Y. I mentioned using the vendors in the hub and tavern to sell your gear to and have that gear available to others, giving Trendy the ability to fix the selling and buying prices, which avoids hyper inflation.

@Nefhith quote:

Thanks for the not-so-useful answer, Lawlta. At least, I'd appreciate a link to the other question, or an actually useful response to the joke.

The answer was given above my post, with a link. That's as far as I would be able to elaborate... for now. :>

@BeerGoggles quote:

"We’re looking at ways to store items, ways to create and customize existing items, ways to exchange items, and ways to enhance items. Did I mention that we’re heavily looking into making items more interesting?"

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152903/dev-log-96-barbarians-wrath 

Some people have suggested a way to keep your items through reset. Like a lockbox that you can't access till you complete 65. You could unlock trading at that point. But then Trading would just be for endgame gear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Would you spend gold on c5 gear though? So maybe that'd be ok

@Fozzie quote:

Even being able to drop gear for your mates in your private tavern would be good.

This would probably still cause the "black market" effect [[127222,users]] was talking about.  I personally would find it annoying that all the begging for full post-campaign carries in the PS4 communities would turn into begging for gear scraps from high level players.

But, if TE could limit what you could trade or pick up from another person so a player can only pick up gear with Gear Score less than or equal to their Champion Score, that could be one way to avoid the black market effect. No artificially powering up without actually playing the game, but if you find this really nice medallion and a friend at the same level needs a medallion like that, you can give it to them.

Trying to avoid this 'black market situation' seems to lead to a similar situation we have had in the past. These are two ideas Trendy had implemented quite a long time ago:

• downscaling players who played an easier map (maybe with friends)
  • not (or maybe only a tiny bit) receiving xp on nightmare/endgame to prevent powerleveling

These 'features' conveyed the impression of 'we know what's fun so you have to play the game like that and not the way you want'. 

I am one of those people who want to obtain their stuff by own effort and without powerleveling and without being carried. Still I accept there are people who enjoy being carried - and if they are being carried by people who like to do so, then it is no harm. Maybe those people even spend money on the game; then we have a win-win situation.

If people WANT to find a way to create some kind of black market, they will. It is more important to think if it is really worth to invest time and effort to restrict something that may also effect common players and restrict their freedom of choice.

All my RL friends who played DD2 stopped playing because of the features mentioned above. Please don't repeat past mistakes.

With the way gear is done in DD2, i would have zero interest in trading gear. I only ever used this in DD1 when someone would gift you items they did not want, but were better than yours - especially on Challenges where you got unique weapons or pets. In DD2 you tend to throw away your gear so quickly for new gear, i wouldn't want anything but the very high end of gear - which i can buy from the wayfair for pretty cheap all things considered, plus AP resets make getting good items worthless. I think trading would just devolve into hacking and Trade-to-win scenarios myself, but i don't think this game function is aimed at me though. I can think of like a hundred things i would want to see done in this game before trading was implemented. Now, if we had the ability to play any stage on any difficulty (Nightmare mode!!!!!), then I would have a much greater interest, but with only 2 incursion maps available at C7, and all of campaign stuck at campaign difficulty - i see no real treat to trading. To be honest, I am more afraid of getting constantly asked for gear if trading became allowable. Just my 2 cents... 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I only ever used this in DD1 when someone would gift you items they did not want, but were better than yours - especially on Challenges where you got unique weapons or pets. In DD2 you tend to throw away your gear so quickly for new gear, i wouldn't want anything but the very high end of gear - which i can buy from the wayfair for pretty cheap all things considered, plus AP resets make getting good items worthless.

You have just adressed something I was thinking about several times but I could never find any substantial reason: Why I have used gear in DD1 way longer than I did in DD2. It took really long to gather enough gold to upgrade the weapons/gear and at higher levels every additional weapon/gear level was a success.

For some reason upgrading gear is of no use at DD2 (at least before playing higher chaos levels) because you obtain better gear sooner than you can upgrade your current gear.

Trading weapons and armour in DD2 is pointless, legendary gear is very easily found, and all of it maxes out at C7. It takes a relatively short while to work up to max C7 gear, and you can't trade up above that, so why bother?

Shards maybe, some of them are maddeningly rare to drop.

Pets are worthless, so unworthy of trading.

Cosmetics for sure.

Personally, I think there are much more important things to spend development time on than introducing trading (a truly endgame mode, making pets not cosmetic only, new maps, free play mode)

@Dreizehn quote:

You have just adressed something I was thinking about several times but I could never find any substantial reason: Why I have used gear in DD1 way longer than I did in DD2. It took really long to gather enough gold to upgrade the weapons/gear and at higher levels every additional weapon/gear level was a success.

For some reason upgrading gear is of no use at DD2 (at least before playing higher chaos levels) because you obtain better gear sooner than you can upgrade your current gear.

Yeah, in DD1 it took a massive amount of coins to fully upgrade a single item, and the before and after difference it stats was mind blowing. In DD2 it feels like a small bump at best. It is VERY different. Plus once you upgraded it, all other gear was dwarfed by comparison, and there was no way to compare naked stats values, so it was hard to track if you got a better item or not on new drops. You tended to stick with your base item for a long time as a result. Only the best of the best ever got fully upgraded though. The rest got left on the floor of your tavern as a hall of fame show off display. Ha ha ha

The only problem with juicy gear drops is that Ancient power reset, in it's current form, blows them away. The only way I can see great gear working is that it levels up as you go through the tiers, or the enchantresss comes back and you can reforge your favourite weapons with drops from the tier you are currently running. It used to be a great feeling to get that 4s Armageddon or cleanser drop from Malth, now there is pretty much nothing except maybe something cosmetic.

Self leveling set armor ( with set bonuses )  would solve for resets and also gear searching\ trading.

Note: you can mix it up , pieces found in campaign , trials , mastery  , onslaught , Defender packs .

@Fozzie quote:

The only problem with juicy gear drops is that Ancient power reset, in it's current form, blows them away. The only way I can see great gear working is that it levels up as you go through the tiers, or the enchantresss comes back and you can reforge your favourite weapons with drops from the tier you are currently running. It used to be a great feeling to get that 4s Armageddon or cleanser drop from Malth, now there is pretty much nothing except maybe something cosmetic.

Exactly. That's why the enchantress plus this idea need to be brought to the game.

My issue with the game (at it's current Ancient Power state) & a suggestion fix