uzar

PS4 town connection network lost

Trying to join the town and its getting connection to game lost all the sudden . Private  tavern working fine , West servers

Got in from private tavern , took a loooooong time to load it failed twice from main menu 

Since the Barb update, i have been seeing this error, and seeing it more and more. On the PS4, i often get this error when i first start the game up and try to go right to town. I have had it happen multiple times in a row too. Usually i can then join the tavern with no issue, and then join town or a map from there. 

I have not had it happen in mid or post game though, so this is nowhere near the disconnect issues we were seeing before that update. Still - very annoying to sit and wait for it to error out as the game is locked up until then. 

We made some changes to how connections are made between our servers and Defenders on March 30th. Have you noticed a difference since this change, or are you still running into these issues/errors?

Yes, I ave read about and noticed the change. The game does have a noticeable different feel now in menu pacing. When i am in menus moving around, the speed at which i can move is noticeably diminished now. For instance - if i want to pull up my full deck from my 4-hero deck on PS4, when i move from each hero to the next (by pressing L2/R2), the game kind of pauses after each press. I cannot quickly move from one hero to the next any more, it has to kind of go to one - pause- then the next - pause- then the next. Before you could just fly down the line. Same with opening pet items - before i could push square on open all of them extremely quickly all in a row, but now - its open 1 - pause - open 1 - pause...and so on. This pausing behavior started with the 3/30 update. It makes switching to other heroes apart from your 4-deck while you are on the map extremely slower for me. 

Apart from that, i have not had enough time to play enough to see much in differences with the Playstation Timeout error or the Blue Screen of Death, both of which i saw plenty of prior to this update. I'll keep an eye out this next week and report back later when i have a larger test sample. 

i have just downloaded dungeon defenders 2 on my ps4 yesterday, i seen my buddy playing it and i was like i wanna play too, well it downloaded and it takes me to the "PRESS ANY BUTTON TO START" menu, then it pops up "initializing game login" which is all fine and dandy until it says "no internet connection found. you must be connected to the internet to play dungeon defenders 2" my buddies who are also playing it on ps4 arent having this problem at all, please help, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice now, didn't work, i have rated the game 1 star because of this problem but as soon as i can login i will rate 5 star, i rally liked dungeon defenders 1 so im really frustrated that i cant play 2

@Jaws_420 quote:

Yes, I ave read about and noticed the change. The game does have a noticeable different feel now in menu pacing. When i am in menus moving around, the speed at which i can move is noticeably diminished now. For instance - if i want to pull up my full deck from my 4-hero deck on PS4, when i move from each hero to the next (by pressing L2/R2), the game kind of pauses after each press. I cannot quickly move from one hero to the next any more, it has to kind of go to one - pause- then the next - pause- then the next. Before you could just fly down the line. Same with opening pet items - before i could push square on open all of them extremely quickly all in a row, but now - its open 1 - pause - open 1 - pause...and so on. This pausing behavior started with the 3/30 update. It makes switching to other heroes apart from your 4-deck while you are on the map extremely slower for me. 

Apart from that, i have not had enough time to play enough to see much in differences with the Playstation Timeout error or the Blue Screen of Death, both of which i saw plenty of prior to this update. I'll keep an eye out this next week and report back later when i have a larger test sample. 

I am still seeing the "PlayStation network" outage errors when logging in from the menu screen. I also had one occur while in mid-match and lost all progress on that stage. 

I also noticed a new bug that has only happened since the last update - when i go to the pet wranglers and hatch eggs, i can only hatch two and then it does not work anymore. I push Triangle to hatch the next one, but it does not hatch anything. The only way to get it to work again is to exit out and go back in. Always happens after the second hatching. 

@Lawlta quote:

We made some changes to how connections are made between our servers and Defenders on March 30th. Have you noticed a difference since this change, or are you still running into these issues/errors?

Yes, I see changes, BAD changes. Before the last update the game works fine, since then, every time I try to play, the game crashes or shows the message : "internet connection lost" (my interrnet it's fine by the way). Become unplayable.

Platform: PS4.

@Lawlta quote:

PM me your PSN ID so we can look into the connection. Thanks! :)

I run into this a few times as well usually when leaving a game from inside a match before the stats screen. I don't usually goto town so I don't know that. But if you want more info feel free to look into my psn ID as well . no need to PM . I'd is the same as here, Lagmonster.

@Lawlta quote:

PM me your PSN ID so we can look into the connection. Thanks! :)

Hello.
It usually happens on onslaught, in the 2nd and 3rd maps in the building phase. This has been happening since the last fix. Before that, I used to have no problems with the game. I have played DDII for more than a year and I have never had as many problems as now. PSN ID : JL-G4lactu5 . Thanks.

Please can you fix this game  i really want to play but i can't my ps4 keeps sayin no Internet connection found after i have my Internet  working perfectly 

Same here. Just downloaded and it can’t connect. There is nothing wrong with my connection. Please fix or advise.

I've tried several times a day for several days now and can't connect. Get error 3201?

All my other online games work fine. Am in UK, 50Megabytes download 5Megabytes upload. 

Just checked and Nat type is 2. 

any specific ports to forward?

I've been playing DD2 for 3 days now and i haven't encountered any problems, but when i tried to play again it says disconnected from the game, so i checked my internet and PSN if its good,  and its fine, so i tried playing again but it says the same thing, then i tried restarting my PS4, but it didn't work so i tried reinstalling the game but its the same,  i tried everything i could but nothing works. Please help my platform is PS4.

1 minute ago, Tynxx said:

I've been playing DD2 for 3 days now and i haven't encountered any problems, but when i tried to play again it says disconnected from the game, so i checked my internet and PSN if its good,  and its fine, so i tried playing again but it says the same thing, then i tried restarting my PS4, but it didn't work so i tried reinstalling the game but its the same,  i tried everything i could but nothing works. Please help my platform is PS4. PSN ID is FreneticDynamo

9 hours ago, Tynxx said:

I've been playing DD2 for 3 days now and i haven't encountered any problems, but when i tried to play again it says disconnected from the game, so i checked my internet and PSN if its good,  and its fine, so i tried playing again but it says the same thing, then i tried restarting my PS4, but it didn't work so i tried reinstalling the game but its the same,  i tried everything i could but nothing works. Please help my platform is PS4.

Hey Tynxx, if you are in the EU, try changing your servers or uninstalling and re-installing the game. We are still working on a fix. If that doesn't work, check out http://support.chromatic.games and submit a ticket.