Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Power of the Ancients Hotfix 2.3.3

Greetings Defenders,

Hotfix 2.3.3 is now out on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One! This hotfix contains a slew of bug fixes. We are currently working on a ton of upcoming content and improvements which we will be revealing in pieces over time. Let’s dive into some notes!

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue for PlayStation 4 split screen Defenders that was causing crashes.

• Update hard mode during campaign to now disable the tutorial/new user experience.

• Fixed an issue where Harpy towers were not gaining the pierce buff from the Dryad’s corrupt form.

• Fixed an issue with Sand Vipers not focusing Dark Torment targets.

• Removed the chance for Witherbeasts to receive Controlled Burn as a Mutator.

• Fixed an issue where you would not see other players ascension levels on the end game summary screen.

• Fixed an issue when using the All Bags tab and filtering by Weapons that after interacting with a weapon, all other weapons would disappear visually.

• Hid the close button on the Terraria Portal UI on consoles and when using a gamepad on PC.

• Fixed an issue with stats appearing as blank squares.

• Fixed a display issue for Ascension level required to gain Ancient Power.

• Fixed an issue with button focus on consoles while trying to use profanity when naming a hero.

• Fixed an issue with Betsy Weapons having their locked shard equipped twice.

• Removed the ability to self-destruct during the Prestige animation.

• Fixed an issue with the Apprentice challenge “Line them up” not working correctly.

• Fixed an issue with Defender Packs not automatically collected if consumable auto collection was turned off.

• Fixed an issue incorrectly granting hero slots.

• Fixed an issue with tower icon color on the mini-map during the first three maps of the campaign.

So what is the Harpy pierce buff suppose to do , testing on training dummy it is piercing to 3rd same as it was before the patch?

@Lawlta quote:
  • Fixed an issue where you would not see other players ascension levels on the end game summary screen.

oh, my. finally.... Nice fix. 

giphy.gif

Fixed an issue when using the All Bags tab and filtering by Weapons that after interacting with a weapon, all other weapons would disappear visually.

Thanks, keep up the great work TE! :)

Thank you for the update.  Don’t want to appear ungrateful.

Bugs not yet addressed (at least not in change log):

• When you leave a game and it says “return to your tavern,” it sends you to town hub instead.  Either fix the text, send to tavern or (preferably) give choice.
  • Cannot join private matches via invitation on Xbox One.  Invitation gets sent, but accepting it does nothing.
  • When looking at pets, even unevolved ones, it will display a pet ability from the pet you have equipped.
  • Targets of Frost tower continue to emit sound long after frost tower has been sold (primarily a tavern/hub problem)

I’ll keep an eye out for more.  Been with the franchise since First Wave and love it.

I love how quickly you guys try to squash bugs, please continue keeping on top of that.  However, I have to point out some very PAINFUL issues I'm seeing at least with maps I'm trying to do.  I simply cannot do a c7 trial because the stupid kobolts don't know what a lane path is, and will instantly light themselves and charge ACROSS THE MAP, EVEN THROUGH TERRAIN, to attack the objectives or the player.

Um..............what!??!

Also, your hex throwers, and any projectile user in c6 for that matter, simply love to walk RIGHT UP AGAINST THE WALLS, right past the reflect beams designed to counter them being merely inches away, and will then, and only then, start throwing.  This then pierces your walls, hitting and cursing everything on the lane, and mostly of the time even the objective.

um.................again................what?!?!

I'm simply appalled that AI glitches like this even exist.  It makes the game downright unplayable for me where I am in the progression.  Its not that I'm not skilled enough, or not geared enough, or don't have a dedicated group of 4 players to play with (I'm solo, so maybe that last part is true,)  but when the already close to simply overpowered enemies decide that they are not going to obey the rules of the game and go down their path/do what they are supposed to do..............just..................no.

Please take a look into fixing the AI of your mobs.  I've lost all ten c7 trials I've attempted because of those blasted kobolts having no AI, at all.

2nd point, please take a look at how armor works.  I'm tired of a 34k armor  263k health squire, with worm scarf and bulwark shards equipped, with his shield raised and max ascension put into its block power getting one shot.  At that point its either your mobs are just too strong or some love needs to finally be given to the playable classes a bit.  I understand that the Barbarian is supposed to be the end all, beat all in terms of straight up melee damage(I'll leave that topic there, because I can't believe a shard on the Barb equals more than 20 ascesions on the squire, among MANY other things,)  But I feel like the class with the highest possible defense in the game should be able to live more than one hit.  Otherwise, what's the point of an armor stat?!?!

I apologize for the long post, but with how everything is set up right now, I simply can't even win a map that could even give me a chance at progression.  it is simply not possible right now.  

Please take a look at the enemy AI and player's armor stat.  I would deeply appreciate it.

I have never seen kobolds behaving in the manor Mythbot described, nor any javelin throwers walking up to my walls unless I placed the wall strangely (usually behind a corner or sometimes behind hills.)  

I'm curious what kind of enemy is one-shotting your mega squire, because I've never been one-shot like that except for the enemy that is more bomb that kobold... but I think it should be obvious that that sort of enemy is pretty dangerous ne?

Thanks for the bug patch Trendy.  Looking forward to your next content patch as well.

[[178578,users]]

You can get like 56k armor, so it seems you are a bit undergeared. Especially in C7.

Even at that, some mobs hits hard. So not really surprised you get one shot in C7.

But I agree to a point, mobs simply deal too much damage to the melee characters. Especially on higher floors of onslaught.

Great to see them bugs squashed.

@Lawlta quote:

But...but...why? Not that we can kill ourselves on PS4, but this sounds like a fun mechanic. haha.

Seriously, though. Thanks for keeping us updated on all the bug stompin.

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Great to see them bugs squashed.

@Lawlta quote:

But...but...why? Not that we can kill ourselves on PS4, but this sounds like a fun mechanic. haha.

Seriously, though. Thanks for keeping us updated on all the bug stompin.

Man! I had no idea that CTRL+L (?) works during Prestige animation....

Update hard mode during campaign to now disable the tutorial/new user experience.

Nice, but we do need a replay button for campaign? ;)

Fixed an issue where you would not see other players ascension levels on the end game summary screen.

Oh yeah! Been waiting for that!

Fixed an issue with Defender Packs not automatically collected if consumable auto collection was turned off.

Hmmm...I thought def pack weren't auto-collect-able in the first place....turns out it's a bug? Though I will still manually collect those packs 'cause I did once miss an epic pack because I assumed that the Lockbox auto-collecting feature applies to def packs too...turns out they din't :(

Nice stuff there and yeah, looking forward to see what patch 2.4 would bring :) 

@chickendude33 quote:

Is there any notes for todays maintenance? Just curious.

It was to flip the switch for the improvements that Ice outlined in this post.

I'll be putting together a comprehensive post next week added to our news section that is a combination of the hotfix from yesterday, and then the maintenance today.

Both of these combined were supposed to be 2.4, but we had to release them separately to make sure everything worked well.

@BeerGoggles quote:

What about 2.4? :D

@Lawlta quote:

@chickendude33 quote:

I'll be putting together a comprehensive post next week added to our news section that is a combination of the hotfix from yesterday, and then the maintenance today.

@Lawlta quote:

Both of these combined were supposed to be 2.4, but we had to release them separately to make sure everything worked well.

@BeerGoggles quote:

What about 2.4? :D

@Lawlta quote:

@chickendude33 quote:

I like the term work well, dont want to go through what happened a few months ago where they were 3 patches in one week. Take your time, your doing it right.

And thanks for addressing my question.

Heh, I wish undergeared was the word for it.  I'm talking my ability to live in c6, not c7.  Most of my pieces of armor on the squire are just over 5k each unbuffed, which is near the cap for c6 i do believe, and he still dies in one bomb of any tier.  Same outcome in 3 zerker hits, or 6 big orc hits.  Jumping into the fray to hold a lane quickly allows a group of mobs to get those few hits they need in.  I'm having to try to hold a lane by myself since I have to spend all the DU to attempt to reinforce the other lanes.  Of course, this is without having 4 of every darn hero to maximize the ascensions on every defense, which is the only answer I'm seeing at this point.

If I can't live decently in c6, no way in hell am I even going to think of c7 right now.

@Mythbot quote:

I'm having to try to hold a lane by myself since I have to spend all the DU to attempt to reinforce the other lanes.

If that is the case there is something wrong with your build, to put you into perspective, i completed my first c6 trials with 8.9k medallions on my proton beams. (that being my best medallion at the time). Now it was no steamroll (8.9k - Low C5 gear) but it worked pretty well. That was without dps-ing on any lane. I only used my hero for killing flyers and bosses. So, if you have the Eve-2 and the Dryad i highly recommend you use: protons + reflects + bees - build for c6, (skyguards for air def of course). 

Hopefully this helps you :)

- TheGreenGolem

The real funny thing is that usually I have a friend with me, and with his help, c6 is no problem at all.  I mean sure I still die left and right, but with him on another lane I have the DU left over to reinforce my lane a bit to make sure it holds when I do die.

Solo, If I see the respawn screen............that's pretty much the game over screen, because thats all the time the mobs need to completely destroy a lane and the crystal.  And if I try to take some DU from another lane to help mine out, then I have two lanes in desperate need of help the entire time.  Sure, I could just abandon my three melee heroes and DPS on my EV2, but my defenses don't like to deal with the geodes or vanguards, hence why I keep having to get in the fight myself, and promptly failing because too many mobs hit way too darn hard.

I feel like I'm just repeating the same stuff over and over, now.  But I thank you all for the advice.