Sign in to follow this  
BeerGoggles

BerryJelly, Tell us about your Onslaught 250 run

Yep we play in pairs , I love dryad so I use her and the 2nd player will toss between Barb , Adept or whatever the maps needs at that time , its great that way.

Which then comes back to playing with others etc.....

@ArchaicLotus quote:

No.  If you take away the need to be in corrupt form, for the Dryad, then the Dryad meta complaint becomes absolutely valid.  If you want the benefit of the Dryad, you have to stay alive/be in corrupt form/not drop starfall mana.  If you take away the requirement to be in corrupt form to receive the damage, then you just made the Dryad, who is considered to be better than the rest as a solo hero, head-and-shoulders above the rest and would likely see a nerf incomming.

The requirement to be in corrupt form aids in balance.  See this.  My ideal group is Dryad/Barbarian/Gunwitch/Adept.   I like the idea of flexibilty, but give me three other players that are great at their class and I'll build and stay in Corrupt form, if using a primarily Dryad build, no problem.  There has to be a drawback in getting the corrupt advantage. IF you're soloing and you die, you suffer a bit.  Getting the corrupt bonus while not having to be in corrupt form would make it way too easy.  The fact that you have to be in corrupt form may be one reason why she has not been nerfed already.

You could have the corrupt form like one of those boosts. Starfall recharge still needed, if you die while playing another hero, this buff is removed. DPSing with dryad on the higher floors is way too risky and you end up turtling somewhere safe anyway.

You are so right Berry, but she does need drawbacks.  These drawbacks have saved her many-a-nerf.  I believe that the idea for the Dryad, as well as Ancient Powers, was to see the benefit of her whilst grouped.  Her limitatiions have forced my hand in using her with limitation.  I sometimes only use her Trees for healing, and use others' towers for the rest.  I have noticed that the people calling for her nerf have not exceeded a certain floor difficulty.  I want players to have the vision to see where they are wanting to be, and see where the Developers want it to head, then maybe the community will realize that the Dryad is great to a certain point; afterwards, she becomes so challenging to maintain.  The "Assassin Diamond" that has often formed around me on wave 5 of the Temple is an instant coffin-maker.  When you die relying on the Dryad and her builds at higher levels, you often get set back easily.

I believe that Lawlta mentioned that Trendy is going to give the first three people, from each platform, that hit the 200 floor mark an outfit of our choice; from Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or the Matrix trilogies.  I'm still trying to find this quote and am having such a hard time locating it... (As far as concocting this foolish notion is concerned, I've primed myself to be eligible for either a goblin meant for orc food (Lord of the Rings), an extra in the background typing on a computer (Matrix), or Jar-Jar Binks (Star Wars.  I really don't care if your child loved this guy.  He was so horrible for the Star Wars universe).