Sign in to follow this  
ArchaicLotus

Chaos 8+ anyone?

What's left.  For me? Nothing really. I set a goal and hit it. If Kihihi gets close to 200 I'll have to reach a little higher, but I definitely cannot compete with the game freezing. The higher the floor, the more freezes. I was at 199 though, and the 200 mark was right there. I got to Temple wave 5 eight times, seven of those were freezes. I've wasted so much time battling the freeze, I'm taking a break.

I've already heard, "we'll get there, easily", from players who wouldn't have even seen floors 180+ without prestiging. I don't understand why people come to me and say these things when I was talking about theories of the universe, etc.  What I do get is that  the more prestiges one knocks out, the more forgiving the game becomes; the more mistakes you can make and fair well, due to the talent cap boost. The more you prestige the easier the game gets, for experienced players especially.

When, and if, chaos 8 comes out, I will grind out prestiges, maybe just five, and roll through floors again. Those people claiming that the climb is easy were PS4 players, not PC users or XBoxOne users. Those PS4 players hated so hard because they got stuck, could not get passed the teens and 120s in the climb, so they are grinding out prestiges to make the road more smooth. This I totally understand, but you don't have to be filled with animosity in regards to others being able to climb high when you get stuck. Ironically, people from the Xbox community and PC community have been giving me props for hitting floor 200, wheras the PS4 community has been silent, because they are competitive.

Relax guys, I'll be back when the bugs get worked out (freezes, hard-lag every since Barbarian's Wrath), and I will prestige when chaos 8 comes out. If chaos 8 doesn't come out? Lack of variation, moving on. I already have all of the best relics and weapons. My little brother can get to floor 999 with enough prestiges under his belt, and then what?

I strongly advocated against the infinitely creeping chaos tiers before, and with the release of Chaos Trials Infinitity (A.K.A. Onslaught), I'm even more strongly against it.

This game is designed that chaos 7 isn't much harder than chaos 1. It's just a different enemy that makes up 50% of the spawns. Chaos 8 will be no different. Just another tier to treck through with the exact same process and get bored of again a week after it is released.

Only now it'd also mess with onslaught too. Do we leave the minimum floor at 65 with C8? If so, will no one that plays onslaught play C8 ever, since they constantly reset? Or do we make Onslaught even SLOWER and MORE painful.

Trendy can't make a new Chaos tier every week, and even if they could, it makes the game look more daunting to new players. Just see it as a bad door to open personally.

I definitely think you're right xarcangel. It's not like c8+ would be any different than what c7 is. "Get to the hardest trial difficulty. Farm for gear and xp" It'd just be a new set of maps and possibly tier of gear.

And, as you mention, you'd have to re-design onslaught to fit it in.. Other game modes (survival for example) could be added that would complement onslaught/chaos. 

I definitely agree. I, too disagreed with infinite (gear) progression. There has to be a cap.

You have a good point on how later chaos tiers would mess with onslaught too.

So yeah, there's gotta be something new and different that's gotta be done if future chaos tiers were to come.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Onslaught 65+ could drop a new tier of items. :D

Hmm..I kinda curious, is post 65 past C7 already? If so, yeah, would be nice for it to drop better items if C8 comes. I was thinking, either something new and unique has to come for future chaos or future chaos might just be a boost for higher floors. But of course, the tier better not go up to 56.

And oh yeah, I re-clarify my last post. I disagreed with infinite gear progression. It'll be weird if floor 500+, 3000+ etc still drops better gear. Which will make future challenges and content redundant like incursion.

I would like to see a new map for C7 Trials or C8 if it comes out that falls in line with a lost temple theme and randomizes the lanes with all Chaos trials  mobs rather then the same ones.

post kinda devolved from new chaos tier content to some people have been bashing you for not prestiging?

Kinda stupid to bash you for that. Im not sure where the bashing you came from, perhaps things were taken wrong or out of context? Congrats on 200 btw without any prestiging thats one hell of a grind. 

I always saw it as separate goals. My goal has always been progression and  AP is the only end game progression we have and floor pushing past the point where you can negate the acension grind wasnt my goal. 

You have said yourself that the difficulty at 200 is much higher then anyone who isnt pushing has played at.  If thats the case, im curious what the difficulty at 500 looks like. Or how high can you reach when you use everything the game gives you access to before the game hits a hard wall?

Either way if you decide to prestige you will have some nice starting acension for the grind.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

I definitely agree. I, too disagreed with infinite progression. There has to be a cap.

You have a good point on how later chaos tiers would mess with onslaught too.

So yeah, there's gotta be something new and different that's gotta be done if future chaos tiers were to come.

The question is, will new content assume the players have some AP.

I would like a new tier of difficulty. Maybe take a page from mastery and introduce new rare shards that can only be obtained through it.

Using the old nightmare system as an example.

Nightmare 1  - balanced around 10+ AP and + 150 acension talent cap

Nightmare 2 - balanced around 20+ AP and + 300 acension talent cap

Nightmare 3 - balanced around 30+ AP and  + 450 acension talent cap

Nightmare 4 - balanced around 40+ AP and +  600 acension talent cap

And (dd1 throwback time ) Insane mode - 50+ AP and +750 talent cap

No,,no,no, and NO.  i rather want them to focus on fix ancient power system.  i want them to fix network issues. i want them to balance ALL hero towers and DPS.  most players dont even hit C7.  honestly i can wait til December for HARDER stuff. i just want this game to be fun and more Newbie friendly so we can have more players that last long and want to reach end game. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Onslaught 65+ could drop a new tier of items. :D

I think that right there is the bigger issue (to me at least) - not that we need harder difficulty levels or more odd enemies (but many of us would welcome them if they were to come - others likely flame it), but the issue is that all gear progression stalls out at that same point. What i really want is a new gear tier that resembles a "chaos 8" levels, without actually having to reconfigure the whole game around adding an actual C8. 

I am not looking to get into a whole "how difficult this game is/isn't" battle, but what i mean is that - i am a collector. I like picking up drops. I love when a game has huge loads of things to collect or work towards. DD1 and 2 have been quit excellent for this and part of why i just love this franchise. For me, any game where the stuff that drops ceases to be fun or relevant causes my enjoyment level, and therefore my interest level, to drop dramatically. The fact that DD2 has more and more levels to play, but all relevant gear stops dropping after floor 55 really, makes me sad on this topic. I want something more to collect or a reason to do so. 

Since enemy floors have infinite levels, i wish there was some way that everything that dropped continued to be relevant in some way. Even if it does not go up in value per se (to avoid massive OP unfairness), i would love some reason to have that gear. Something more to do with it than sell it back. If TE could find a way to make every drop, even on campaign levels, still add to your character somehow - i think my overall and continued enjoyment of this game would skyrocket. And for me, resetting and collecting the same stuff again doe not really satisfy that urge, nor does simply getting gold for selling it off. If the AP/POTA system could somehow give drops a way to be incorporated into your progression - that would add a TON of replayability for me. Right now it is just an inconvenience to have to stop and sell off a bunch of junk every few maps. At this point only shards and legendary gear at C7 value matter any more to me. The rest is sadly just time consuming. That is why the end-game feels very stale for my kind of play style, and why i was so sad the def packs were taken out of the floors already beaten. 

Be great if you could set your bags to never pick up anything below a certain gear score and anything not picked up be converted to gold automatically. This would reduce the amount of trash i get in my bags, and time wasted on managing it. 

I guess i just miss the excitement of my first days of playing this game when all drops were relevant. Going through your bags was so exciting. What i really want is a way to find that feeling again in the end game (without resetting). If a Chaos 8 will help to do that, then i am all for it. 

Sounds like you got your network stability fix. There was an update like 30min ago

@skyhunterqueen quote:

No,,no,no, and NO.  i rather want them to focus on fix ancient power system.  i want them to fix network issues. i want them to balance ALL hero towers and DPS.  most players dont even hit C7.  honestly i can wait til December for HARDER stuff. i just want this game to be fun and more Newbie friendly so we can have more players that last long and want to reach end game. 

My idea for chaos 8 would be new items and, perhaps, a new map or two. How long has Chaos 7 been out (this is in response to the individual that commented, "they can't keep coming out with higher tiers").  I believe that it's been over a year, maybe not. When you hit a certain point in any game, the 'what's left' question may hit you. I've been devoted to DD2 every since O started playing. That devotion has led to the best drops being attained; one goal for grinders, almost 1900 prestige, and hitting high marks in floor ascension. If I'm going to prestige, I'd need too see the benefit of doing so. For now, the only benefit I see is using prestige benefits to hit higher floors. I already see this as being repetitive.  New game modes would be welcomed. A type of balance to reward the grinders, as well as the casual gamer.

The deviation from Onslaught/Chaos 8+ kind of hit the needle on the head didn't it Toro. As far as one congratluating another, I wasn't looking for props from PS4 players, just merely pointing out personality differences. I've had so many laughs, hard laughs, with PS4 users, yet my standards are high/will not deviate.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

The deviation from Onslaught/Chaos 8+ kind of hit the needle on the head didn't it Toro. As far as one congratluating another, I wasn't looking for props from PS4 players, just merely pointing out personality differences. I've had so many laughs, hard laughs, with PS4 users, yet my standards are high/will not deviate.

If you are talking about conversations we have had in the past, I know we went back and forth about the merits of grinding floors but to be honest with you I never gave it a second thought afterwards, figured we were just both doing different end game paths. Im really not sure if you are referring to those converstations as the bashing. Not agreeing about what the current end game is, is not the same as bashing.

Also was saying congrats because i know 200 was a goal of yours. No need to read anything else into anything. 

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Hey Beer, I did not get an update (PS4). Just tried searching for one and loading the game, but no update

Pretty sure hes refering to Ice's post. Network update coming soon allow for continuing play after disconnect to finish floor

Hey Beer, no update here (PS4). I tried searching for one and ran the game but no update.

Toro, you are so good at putting words in my mouth, you are so good at it. I never said that I hated prestiging; I never said that not agreeing on the current end game is bashing. You can say you threw an "if" in there to disqualify the matter of the "in case."

Your idea in regards to required AP levels and character ascension for chaos tiers is one of the best ideas for this game yet.

SkyQueen, the focus on DD2 by Developers I want to be split between casual gamers and grinders. This is the whole point of a desire for C8 + ; variation. 

Players, it is not about you, it is not about me, the longevitiy of DD2 is about us.

From the post:" ... News regarding upcoming network and server changes! We have some testing to finish up, but you should see these changes within the next two weeks. "

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Hey Beer, no update here (PS4). I tried searching for one and ran the game but no update.

Toro, you are so good at putting words in my mouth, you are so good at it. I never said that I hated prestiging; I never said that not agreeing on the current end game is bashing. You can say you threw an "if" in there to disqualify the matter of the "in case."

Your idea in regards to required AP levels and character ascension for chaos tiers is one of the best ideas for this game yet.

SkyQueen, the focus on DD2 by Developers I want to be split between casual gamers and grinders. This is the whole point of a desire for C8 + ; variation. 

Players, it is not about you, it is not about me, the longevitiy of DD2 is about us.

Lotus, 

It seems like you are coming from a very defensive place. I am not trying to put any words in your mouth. Its much more likely that I am wrongly inferring things from posts and past conversation. 

You have mentioned a few times that I keep saying you hate prestiging, I can take from that statement that you dont hate prestiging. That was my understanding of your view about the AP system back in January when we tallked about it. Since you say thats incorrect then I believe you as simple as that.

I dont know the bashing you are referring to, and its only been bought up in generally so I had to make assumptions. If those are wrong as well then I stand corrected. 

Again I am not trying to come at you bro. Its a game and an internet forum I dont take this crap personally or all that seriously.