Sign in to follow this  
[GB] n0ught

DDDK: Visual studio compatibility

When I try to open the DungeonDefenders_Scripts vs file, it says this:

OkFXMgf.png

https://i.imgur.com/OkFXMgf.png

Probably.  UE3 is dead technology, everyone's moving onto UE4.  Epic doesn't even have the UE3 docs working half the time.  It's just as well I suppose, UnrealScript is a terrible language and Epic's compiler does no optimization whatsoever.  Lots of other improvements besides killing UnrealScript as well.

I do all my development with vi and invoke the compiler from the command-line, so I don't do or care about the VS stuff myself.

@Plane quote:

Install nFringe

@Plane quote:

Probably.  UE3 is dead technology, everyone's moving onto UE4.  Epic doesn't even have the UE3 docs working half the time.  It's just as well I suppose, UnrealScript is a terrible language and Epic's compiler does no optimization whatsoever.  Lots of other improvements besides killing UnrealScript as well.

I do all my development with vi and invoke the compiler from the command-line, so I don't do or care about the VS stuff myself.

Do you know anything about setting up syntax highlighting for VS? I finally got all this set up and it does nothing different to if I just used notepad, no syntax highlighting or autocomplete

Edit: for some reason, it started working, no idea why