Sign in to follow this  
024noi

Gear progression wonky

K so I've been through the ap system 11 times. This playthough was going well until i got 2 c5. My gear was progressing as usual then it stopped. I just ran 7 c5 maps and all gear that dropped was considerably less value. Buy like hundreds of points of gear score. Every piece relix armor everything. Not in all of my playthoughs have i run 7 maps and not found 1 piece i could use. Im stuck 60 points of progressing to c6 which is maddening cuz c5 sux. Geods, cyborks and a million assassins. Way to many assassins. I spend the whole round wrapped up by them and can do nothing but fight them. Cant upgrade on the fly, cant fight the zerkers or bosses, cant do anything. Normally i get through c5 pretty quick so not an issue but now im stuck in the 1 chaos tier i hate because my drops are getting worse not better. Any thoughts?

RNG is a mothertrucker.

It used to be, before this update, because the power between chaos's used to differentiate by a bigger margin, it would have a slower progression than from c1 to c4.  It could be that. Or just RNG. I don't believe upgrading your gear does anything now, or maybe it could? Since it does up your maximum obtained gear? Try a bit of both

Its more than just rng. It was a noticeable drop in value from 1 game to the next 7. Gear score on drops decreased buy hundreds of points and stayed there for 7 maps. Not supposed to happen now. Gear is supposed to be based on previous drops and progress regardless of what u have equipped. 7 games and gear values r staying the same and like i said 100s of points less than what im carrying. So no not rng.

I don't know if this helps, but a geyser trap will remove assassins instantly.

Shouldn't upgrading gear now count? Aren't chaos tiers locked by champ score now? Upgrade enough gear to unlock c7 min score and get out of c6. Values should improve in c7. 

Idk, been c7 myself since last update...haven't seen the new gating in action. 

Just ran 5 more c5 maps used auto equip best gear/relix every map just to make sure. im now 13 maps deep and still in the same gear. Progression system needs some tweeks. And yes i use geysers trees bees and slimes c5 -c7. Only things i spend gold on while speed running ap system. Oh and reflects in c6.

@024noi quote:

Just ran 5 more c5 maps used auto equip best gear/relix every map just to make sure. im now 13 maps deep and still in the same gear. Progression system needs some tweeks. And yes i use geysers trees bees and slimes c5 -c7. Only things i spend gold on while speed running ap system. Oh and reflects in c6.

You sure you haven't hit the maximum gear for c5? Do you get better gear if you go to c6?

i've gone through the progression 3 times since the new system. 2/3 it was faster to get to Max c7 gear, around 38 total maps. My worst one, however, was the same as the previous system at 44 maps.  A handful of times I would get 0-1 gear score increase on a whole map. Although on average that's still more than 100 gearscore per map.

I have one tip that might be helpful: drop all the characters from your quick swap deck that don't get the same gear. I play dryad, so I'd remove the skygaurd monk because you definitely don't want it dropping legendary polearms when you need that legendary sword to progress. Even if you have a squire (which uses swords) it will still dilute your drop pool when you get shields. I only play with dryads on quick swap.

Are you upgrading your gear? I found i got stuck at the same point but i did not upgrade my gear. After i starting upping it put ahead stats wise and i was able to complete maps again. I have equipped say 30-3200 and 2800-3000 was dropping, after upgrading my pieces was like 33-3500 points.

Ya upgrading 1 piece worked. In c7 now but didn't have too last playthrough with current system. Didn't upgrade anything except shards and a couple pets untill i had max c7 gear then upgraded that to run onslaught. Also after upgrading the 1 piece i needed still c6 wouldn't unlock. Even though my champ score was high enough to run c6 it wouldn't let me. Had to run 1 more c5 (now 14 maps) before it would register. Don't get me wrong i LOVE the new system just saying it might need to b tweeked a bit.  

Gear drops are now based off the highest piece of gear you've ever seen (it's something tracked behind the scenes). This insures that you progressively see better gear. There is some RNG to loot generation, the only real halts could be incredibly poor RNG, or you've reached the gear cap for that difficulty.

If you upgrade the highest piece of gear you've seen, this raises the gear cap. From everything we've seen, players are progressing much smoothly with this new system, even without upgrading. 

@Lawlta quote:

Gear drops are now based off the highest piece of gear you've ever seen (it's something tracked behind the scenes). This insures that you progressively see better gear. There is some RNG to loot generation, the only real halts could be incredibly poor RNG, or you've reached the gear cap for that difficulty.

If you upgrade the highest piece of gear you've seen, this raises the gear cap. From everything we've seen, players are progressing much smoothly with this new system, even without upgrading. 

so if i read this correctly - upgrading gear has no affect on what drops, but it does affect your hero score, and therefore your Champion Score. So you could upgrade your gear to get over a Chaos tier hurdle if you were under the min score needed, but your drops would not improve until you played on that new chaos tier. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
so if i read this correctly - upgrading gear has no affect on what drops, but it does affect your hero score, and therefore your Champion Score. So you could upgrade your gear to get over a Chaos tier hurdle if you were under the min score needed, but your drops would not improve until you played on that new chaos tier. 

Upgrading gear CAN affect your drops, it just requires a lot of tracking on your end to do so. You'd have to hold on to the highest piece of gear you find, and know it's your highest, then upgrade it. That would increase the gear score, increasing the highest gear score you've seen.

And yes, if you are right at the cusp, upgrading gear can push you through Chaos tier requirements.

Still wonky. Reset again runnin c1. Upgraded a piece in tavern to get champ score up to 600. More than enough to unlock c2 but didn't unlock c2. Ran 1 more c1 map and still not unlocking c2. Thoughts?

Ps4 pro

@024noi quote:

Still wonky. Reset again runnin c1. Upgraded a piece in tavern to get champ score up to 600. More than enough to unlock c2 but didn't unlock c2. Ran 1 more c1 map and still not unlocking c2. Thoughts?

Ps4 pro

You've met the required champion score for Chaos 2 yet? (What does the chaos 2 trail map say?)

What score drops you currently seeing in C1?

Also to help with getting gear score up I tend to buy a Wayfarer weapon from him that generally gives me a great boost in weapon score-wise.

I had the same happen to me.  I unequipped a gear piece from my champion, lowering his score below the threshold, then re-equiped it.  Then c2 unlocked.

Ps4 original

*edit:  If that doesn't work, try equipping a lower gear piece after unequipping the high gear piece, then unequip the low and put the high back on

@024noi quote:

Ps4 pro

I just ran 1 onslaut floor and that seemed to work. Im just gonna do my upgrading\gear swapping in game rather than in tavern as im now in 6c with no issues.