Sign in to follow this  
-RB- OMFGNinja

Summoner = Seperate DU Pool

In DD1 summoner defense units had a seperate pool and their units were seperate from a maps du limit, having a limit of their own. I would like to see this comeback, as it is one of the features that made summoner who they are. Right now summoner is a lackluster character totally not worth the medals or diamonds to obtain.

The archers are infinitely slower than possible in DD1, as such they are not viable in any defense currently, especially not for their du cost. Their walls can get pretty high hp but they cost more than barricades and its not like their dps is worth anything when you are not building them for defense power. Their like training dummies, building them for damage is counter intuitive. The collossus is great because you can move it, but at a hefty cost, which makes it extremely difficult to fit into any defense. That just leaves ramsters as its only chaos viable tower, since like flamethrower towers, they have no counter. People will use squire barricades for walls, and other things instead of ramsters to save on du. So that pretty much makes this class useless. If his walls cost 30 DU then he would be used for walls for sure, but then barricades would have no use except when people dont have a summoner. If theres a shard to convert defense health to power then the 40 cost for summoner walls might be worth it as they can crit pretty high when using their alternate attacks. If the archers used their alternate attack all the time people would actually use them. If however all summoner towers had a seperate du pool limit like in dd1 then there would be no reason not to use any of the summoners towers.

I hate seeing such a amazing dd1 class turn into this. Its nothing like how useful he was before. I mean the spider, orc, and mage minions were great then.

@-RB- OMFGNinja quote:

The archers are infinitely slower than possible in DD1, as such they are not viable in any defense currently, especially not for their du cost.

I find them to be really worthy when I can use both side.

Direct command make them even more amazing in my opinion.

@-RB- OMFGNinja quote: Their walls can get pretty high hp but they cost more than barricades and its not like their dps is worth anything when you are not building them for defense power. Their like training dummies, building them for damage is counter intuitive.

You don't have to build them for dps. Build them like a regular blockade and use direct command on them with a nice AP build. You'll be surprised of the damage they can deal.

@-RB- OMFGNinja quote: If theres a shard to convert defense health to power then the 40 cost for summoner walls might be worth it as they can crit pretty high when using their alternate attacks.

There is one, it's called vampiric empowerment.

Not worth it in my opinion since orc's damage come from direct command which scales on the abyss lord's ability power.

It's not a great idea in my opinion to compare DD2 to DD1, back then devs didn't care about balance at all since we all payed for the game and its DLC.

Here it's a free to play and devs have to be careful to not make the game too easy or not grindy enough.

(although we have the dryad who's so OP you can pretty much afk)

@-RB- OMFGNinja quote:

I hate seeing such a amazing dd1 class turn into this. Its nothing like how useful he was before. I mean the spider, orc, and mage minions were great then.

I wish we got this on PS3...never got to see this in action. Agreed on this post though, apart from Ramsters and just AL as a DPS hero, this class is kind of useless right now. I am sure many can figure out how to use the towers, and if you do - more power to you. The vast majority of players do not use much beyond Ramster in the postgame though. I never see anyone use his barricades, except on lower floors. Usually its someone who only has AL as their first additional hero, so they feel the need to squeeze every inch out of them they can. That Colossus DU cost is just crazy for the single lane support you get. At least LM's volcano has homing projectiles that make it worth the cost. Same with Obelisk. 

@Trichouette quote:

It's not a great idea in my opinion to compare DD2 to DD1, back then devs didn't care about balance at all since we all payed for the game and its DLC.

Here it's a free to play and devs have to be careful to not make the game too easy or not grindy enough.

(although we have the dryad who's so OP you can pretty much afk)

I don't agree with that. If you make a sequel to a game, direct comparison should be mandatory. Especially if the fist game is not considered a hot mess (but then how did it get an sequel...right?).  DD1 is a very beloved game, and many of us are ONLY here because of it. When we do not find the same things that made us love DD1, many will just jump ship. Call this game "Horse Knockers Z" if you don't want to compare it to anything else. 

Yes, they are different games so some direct comparisons may not always work that well, but that just brings the whole FTP decision to the forefront then. TE could have just made a DD1 clone, called it DD2, and so many of us would have just snapped it up. yes, we would complain about originality - but we would still have loved it. If DD2 cannot capture that lightning in a bottle fun that DD1 was, it has no business even existing. So whenever DD2 falls short on that front, i feel its our job to point that out. This is why i beg for more fun all the time in the forums. 

Since revenue for this game is based mostly on outfits and bags, since you can buy everything else with in-game currency for free if you are patient, i don'y see how it being easy is a drawback in any way. If it's fun - i  will keep playing. Challenging does not necessarily equal fun, at least for me. That was not the appeal in DD1. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I don't agree with that. If you make a sequel to a game, direct comparison should be mandatory. Especially if the fist game is not considered a hot mess (but then how did it get an sequel...right?).  DD1 is a very beloved game, and many of us are ONLY here because of it. When we do not find the same things that made us love DD1, many will just jump ship. Call this game "Horse Knockers Z" if you don't want to compare it to anything else. 

Yes, they are different games so some direct comparisons may not always work that well, but that just brings the whole FTP decision to the forefront then. TE could have just made a DD1 clone, called it DD2, and so many of us would have just snapped it up. yes, we would complain about originality - but we would still have loved it. If DD2 cannot capture that lightning in a bottle fun that DD1 was, it has no business even existing. So whenever DD2 falls short on that front, i feel its our job to point that out. This is why i beg for more fun all the time in the forums.

Well excuse me but everytime I talk about DD1 with friends, the only things they had fun doing was either glitching the game thanks to cheat engine or going into nightmare mods were everything is unbalanced, auras are as big as the map / defenses have 0.1s refire rate and other stupidly ridiculous stuff.

@Jaws_420 quote: i don'y see how it being easy is a drawback in any way. If it's fun - i  will keep playing. Challenging does not necessarily equal fun, at least for me. That was not the appeal in DD1. 

I said this :

There is no issue with the game being easy, however a free to play game is (usually) either hard OR grindy (or a combination of both).

An easy & quick to end F2P is quickly uninstalled once you're done with it.

F2P Devs in general tend to go with the "easy and grindy" way because nowadays what people want most are easy games they can play for hours without trying to think too much about what they're doing (which is what DD2 is right now) (and because the longer a player is playing, the higher are the chances he'll buy stuff (although most F2P, DD2 included, are way too expensive for me to ever consider giving them money))

Also it's easier to design a grindy game that is somehow balanced than one with well dosed difficulty.

Being fun is obviously an important factor, but I tend to like games that require a bit more thinking than "hey look, EMP on that lane = cannonball // geode here = aura & traps"

Although I don't have a solution to that issue...

I like the Abyss Lord as is.
I use Colossus alot cuz of highest HP. Direct Command makes him strong, as mentioned above.
I will use Orc Blockades from time to time.  Totem with Fortify, Vampire Empower is a good combo. Use direct command & you can take down most bosses pretty fast. Not that you want bosses at your walls.
Archers shoot in 2 lanes. With ch7 gear, they can get fast enough to what you need them to do. Add the explosive arrow shard & they turn AoE.
Agree with Ramsers. Good all around defense.