Sign in to follow this  
1aydan

Buff For Other Survivals

Let me start off asking a simple question. Where are you farming armor at this moment in a survival setting? Your most likely answer will be moonbase because of the mob count, and the speed of mobs spawning which equal out to being the most efficient place to farm armor currently in this state of the game. Below I am linking a straw poll just to get an idea how the community is farming their armor.

Where do you farm your armor?

My Proposal: Today I am proposing that other Survival should have a few changes to them.

1. Adding alts should increase mob counts a lot more than they currently do
  2. Increase the speed of spawns
  3. Bonus: Give a clear explanation of what mix mode does to Loot in a game setting for newer players.

Questions maybe asked:

1. Q: WIll this change make Pet farming longer? A: For pets between waves (Example: Seahorses drop at wave 20 on Aqua) no because you can add alts during the end of wave 19 anyway and still get 4 pets for the mob count of 1 player.For pets, at the end of survivals (Example: Mega chickens on wave 35 of Tinks lab) This change will affect those, but maybe the CDT can make it to where you can add alts at the end and still get them.
  2. (Placeholder)

( I AM NOT asking for Loot buff in any shape or form just a mob count increase because i think stat wise all the maps are good just they are detremented by the low mob count)

I kind of like that you can have friends in now without it making the map dramatically more difficult. Additionally, more mobs would not improve loot quality on most maps.

There are already proposals to fix the slow mob spawn rate on many maps. AFAIK, there's already a fix for it in the next build.

Mix Mode mechanics could be readily explained in a guide or something. There are a very large number of mechanics not explained in-game right now, and as much as I'd like to have a tutorial or something that better prepares players, I'm not sure it's that important.

It's not just mob count, but which types of mobs they are and what the quality is on that map for that type:

3wmjvID.png

If a number is significantly below 1.0, then you will essentially never get ult armor from that group.  So for example on Moonbase, shards mobs, goblins, and archers will never give you ults; ogres drop 40% of ults, orcs 22%, mages 19%, warriors 17%, and kobolds 2%.

Moonbase is really good because of the sheer number of ogres you can kill per hour.  It dumps out tons of enemies really quickly.  Even if we increase the # of enemies on a map, I don't think other maps will come close to Moonbase in terms of ogres/hour, so I don't think it will change the meta armor farm that much.  So I'm not sure if we should really make a major gameplay change like increased enemy count for that purpose.

If we wanted to make other maps better for armor farming, it would arguably be a smaller change to buff the quality of drops on that map, because it would give you more ults/hour without changing gameplay that significantly.  That said, I think community members are likely to be against any sort of RNG change on existing maps, so I'm not sure how likely any of this actually is.

@Plane quote:

It's not just mob count, but which types of mobs they are and what the quality is on that map for that type:

3wmjvID.png

If a number is significantly below 1.0, then you will essentially never get ult armor from that group.  So for example on Moonbase, shards mobs, goblins, and archers will never give you ults; ogres drop 40% of ults, orcs 22%, mages 19%, warriors 17%, and kobolds 2%.

Moonbase is really good because of the sheer number of ogres you can kill per hour.  It dumps out tons of enemies really quickly.  Even if we increase the # of enemies on a map, I don't think other maps will come close to Moonbase in terms of ogres/hour, so I don't think it will change the meta armor farm that much.  So I'm not sure if we should really make a major gameplay change like increased enemy count for that purpose.

If we wanted to make other maps better for armor farming, it would arguably be a smaller change to buff the quality of drops on that map, because it would give you more ults/hour without changing gameplay that significantly.  That said, I think community members are likely to be against any sort of RNG change on existing maps, so I'm not sure how likely any of this actually is.

I brought up that point last night in the DDRng about making all mobs equal instead of the mob count increase.i was thinking making the higher HP mobs ( sharkens, copters, and djinns) drop more loot currently than they do now (Example: sharkens drop 2 ) and making them equal.

@1aydan quote:I brought up that point last night in the DDRng about making all mobs equal instead of the mob count increase.i was thinking making the higher HP mobs ( sharkens, copters, and djinns) drop more loot currently than they do now (Example: sharkens drop 2 ) and making them equal.

Sharkens dropping more items wouldn't change their ult rate because zero times two is still zero.  Making all mobs equal quality would work, but that would be a pretty major RNG change, and it would change how items roll (not just how often), so I'm kind of lukewarm on the idea. 

I don't want any major RNG changes to survival drops personally.

@Plane quote:

@1aydan quote:I brought up that point last night in the DDRng about making all mobs equal instead of the mob count increase.i was thinking making the higher HP mobs ( sharkens, copters, and djinns) drop more loot currently than they do now (Example: sharkens drop 2 ) and making them equal.

Sharkens dropping more items wouldn't change their ult rate because zero times two is still zero.  Making all mobs equal quality would work, but that would be a pretty major RNG change, and it would change how items roll (not just how often), so I'm kind of lukewarm on the idea. 

I don't want any major RNG changes to survival drops personally.

Moonbase at this current moment feels like this.

The bike is Moonbase.

the walking person is every other survival.

Would you rather ride your bike to school or walk? Why would you ever walk in the first place if you have a bike to get there.

(IM Not hating on moonbase just giving a point of why should I run any other map other than moon if you can get 8 or 9 ults in a short time versus KG with 1 or 2 ults per run taking a lot longer)