Cannot open private tavern!

I’m on Xbox one, ever since the last update, the “go to town” and “private tavern” options in the menu are shaded and cannot be selected. Me and my son can’t play split screen. Does anyone know why this is happening?

what quest are you guys on? if you guys are on different quest then maps/game modes will be locked based on the highest common unlock.  Another change is the go to town and private tavern are blocked if the profile you are on has not beaten the first 3 maps. If you have, hit continue campaign from the main menu and that should put you back to where you need to be.

All that info is saved in the configuration files (which sadly is hidden by the console, yay PC!) so if you swap xbox profiles a lot its possible the wrong information is saved in those config files. But they should update properly if you load into the game.

• 1 month later...

We had the same issue this last weekend with my daughter and wife.  My wife had to do the tutorial twice on PC and my daughter on the second time it made her click into the tutorial I found out  we could hit escape and leave game and that would take her to town.