Sign in to follow this  
Kleeborp

Armour Sets (set bonus?)

I'm all for more reasons to collect better gear... Especially since gear stalls out at the top of chaos 7, but the game continues on past that. 

Just gonna put the quote on here: 

"We’re looking at ways to store items, ways to create and customize existing items, ways to exchange items, and ways to enhance items. Did I mention that we’re heavily looking into making items more interesting?" source

@Lawlta quote:

really-sweating.gif

well, Shirley you are serious and mean business now... but have you ever been inside a locker room? Ever seen a gown man naked? Do you like wrestling? Maybe you just have a drinking problem... 

Armor pieces with set passives would be extra cool, I remember when storm gloves etc tried to be thing, it would definitely add to the game. Of course there should be balanced, but they should be and feel a bit op, and have a hard time getting them, so to excuse the opness. Also the design team could go a step ahead, which I am sure they know and have, and have a bonus, for having all 4 armors set, similar to DD1, Diablo kind of thing. Of course this would mean more levels, and other modes that would make these things neseceary to progress and have a reason for existing (do we really need any other reason other than being fun and because they are just cool???)

Anyway good ideas. And Lawlta, by now, is a master of teasing, and intensifying hypeness and longing.

Damn you, you awesome community manager, you!

Without kissing too much a, I agree with SpecialK. Set passives is actually pretty cool and worth grinding around for specific gear with a purpose.

@specialK quote:

Armor pieces with set passives would be extra cool, I remember when storm gloves etc tried to be thing, it would definitely add to the game. Of course there should be balanced, but they should be and feel a bit op, and have a hard time getting them, so to excuse the opness. Also the design team could go a step ahead, which I am sure they know and have, and have a bonus, for having all 4 armors set, similar to DD1, Diablo kind of thing. Of course this would mean more levels, and other modes that would make these things neseceary to progress and have a reason for existing (do we really need any other reason other than being fun and because they are just cool???)

Anyway good ideas. And Lawlta, by now, is a master of teasing, and intensifying hypeness and longing.

Damn you, you awesome community manager, you!

What i would really love to see is building bonuses in armor. My builders do not fight, so all of their armor and all stats on it are useless to me. I miss the DD1 days of pure builders, where all gear they had on helped to increase their build strength. I mean, i like the hybrid idea that TE kind of started with in DD2, but the ascension points kind of reversed that. Since we can specialize builders, i want to make sure that every single piece of gear on my builder does nothing but increase my building stats.