Sign in to follow this  
pApA^LeGBa

Everlasting forced tutorial? really?

did you play the same map on easy before you played it on hard (post update)? It may be set to play the tutorial the first time you play that map in campaign, any difficulty. Does it run the tutorial every time, or just the first time you played it since the update? 

@Jaws_420 quote:

did you play the same map on easy before you played it on hard (post update)? It may be set to play the tutorial the first time you play that map in campaign, any difficulty. Does it run the tutorial every time, or just the first time you played it since the update? 

It might be that, I didn´t check. 

i had the same issue on the second map, and have not tested it again in campaign since then. 

Are you a new player selecting hard at the war table, your further ahead in the game and just going back to play those maps for funsies, or with the update you're starting all over by clearing all your heroes and starting back on the first map of campaign?

In my case, i used a character much further ahead (Ascension 300+), and needed to grind a certain stage for daily DMs (since no free play). I was in town, using the war table, playing campaign map 2 on Normal. It was the first time i played that map (in campaign) since the update. I have not tried the same map in the same way since then though, so it was only the first time. 

Not a real big issue to me as long as it does not happen more than just the one time on that same map. 

I already played (again) "the tutorial" post-update and today it's forcing me to play it once more. This happens only if selected first two maps in hard (I didn't try with the third). Really annoying...

Edit: Looks like I put out wrong information initially. The campaign maps are intended to be that way now for the tutorial stuff. These maps are in campaign mode are made specifically for the tutorial.

To expand, it's the first three that are intended to be this way. Switching between hard and easy will not disable the tutorial function of those maps as far as I know.

Once the campaign has been completed, there should be an option to replay the tutorial but it should not be forced. As someone who has done some DD2 speed running and looking to do some more, the tutorial is not a good thing especially if you are attempting a single hero run.

yeah tutorial gets in the way of knocking off daily quests. forced build and character swaps make it even more annoying . why wreck the only stage select we had .i'm not against tutorial but an off would be nice or a free play difficulty with no tutorial.

@Lawlta quote:

Are you a new player selecting hard at the war table, your further ahead in the game and just going back to play those maps for funsies,

It's definitely NOT for funsies. The way you guys have the game setup, in order to quickly to dailies, that is the only option, go back to campaign mode because the fun modes are random maps. Please make the game fun again.

It certainly is strange to get those basic instructions, and one's selected four characters changed, when doing a campaign map in hard mode.

It's a pity that sometimes the daily medal-earning set-up forces us to do, say, two or three sewers maps in campaign mode as there isn't an alternative, other than doing lots and lots of onslaught or other high-level maps and hoping that we randomly enter a sewers map, two or three times!  Either way is a bit of a waste of playing time.