Sign in to follow this  
Ruuk

Cyborks are dumb.

Everything else you learn to work around you can still use defenses that are not optimal with good placement. I know that you can still technically use traps and nodes vrs cyborks but you have to get into some seriously bad placements to do it. I dislike that the best counter to them is to flat out not use the defense type. I mean shielders and geodes you just have to think about where you want to place your ranged towers a bit more. Zerks are all about good walling and not leaving your walls in a no dmg zone. Hex throwers are similar, and assassins is just learning to deal with them quickly. I love proton chains and the dryad and if I'm working on c2 mastery I can hardly even use them. Or in onslaught and its just frustrating. 

"soft" counter would be Sand Viper + Serpent's Coil.... yeah, I'd use the Skeletal Hamster unless you need a wider field of fire or higher single target DPS.

Most of the time, Sand Vipers just hurt mobs enough to aggro them into suicide runs ^_^

You should not have to buy extra heroes just to deal with cy borks. 

Well, you don't have to use Ramster, you could use PDT, cannonball, ballista, flame tower. Possibly flame aura, and lightning aura if you have the right shards. 

@uzar quote:

You should not have to buy extra heroes just to deal with cy borks. 

I would love to see you do a lane in Onslaught with all that and EMP Kamikaze Air lane next to it and survive :) With Frost orcs.

I don't think explosive poison is working yet.

I was talking about c2. I assume most people that are pushing onslaught have alternate heroes. I would also think that in the hard endgame mode would be easier with more lane customization (by having addtional heroes). 

@uzar quote:

I would love to see you do a lane in Onslaught with all that and EMP Kamikaze Air lane next to it and survive :) With Frost orcs.

I agree with [[177736,users]]. If I just want to use the Original four heroes, I would've just go for Trials as that's certainly beatable with them.

For Onslaught, it's a different story.

We got two progression gamemodes. You can always pick one that suits you best.

Onslaught to floor 65 is C7 . It doesn't say you need more heroes to complete to floor 65. Those combo exist long before floor 65. Original game either game mode should be able to complete to 65 on original 4. Otherwise a disclaimer should be made.

There was an issue prior to the update , have not been able to tell if it has been fixed but Controlled burn lanes it doesn't seem to be applying poison on the explosion portion. Juice bags also tested this but haven't seen if its fixed yet.

I think Controlled Burn and Cyborcs should be taken out of the game altogether, or just put in on Onslaught floors from 65 and up. They suck the fun out of this game IMO. Cyborcs range is just crazy too OP. Not only can they hit everything in a very long line, but their up and down range is also way too big. I get so tired of dealing with chaos enemies. I wish they would bring back Nightmare mode as an option, where we have no chaos enemies but just harder regular ones with more HP. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I think Controlled Burn and Cyborcs should be taken out of the game altogether, or just put in on Onslaught floors from 65 and up. They suck the fun out of this game IMO. Cyborcs range is just crazy too OP. Not only can they hit everything in a very long line, but their up and down range is also way too big. I get so tired of dealing with chaos enemies. I wish they would bring back Nightmare mode as an option, where we have no chaos enemies but just harder regular ones with more HP. 

Yeah I agree. Would be nice if the Hard Combos goes 65 and up. Or, just nerf the Cybork range. I do experience that range too. It's insane. Perhaps just makes the stunning radius within the energy ball not more than that. And also, maybe shorten the length the Ball goes?

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

Yeah I agree. Would be nice if the Hard Combos goes 65 and up. Or, just nerf the Cybork range. I do experience that range too. It's insane. Perhaps just makes the stunning radius within the energy ball not more than that. And also, maybe shorten the length the Ball goes?

I prefer having the chaos enemies for variation, but I do agree the Cyborc EMP range is....excessive.  I wouldn't mind it being reduced or having a smaller AOE, or maybe even if we had an "EMP Resistance" shard to make defenses recover quicker from being disabled.

Check out this cybork setup. This is my default for every cybork lane. If it had a ton of guys, I'd add a second slime. Rarely I'll add a second ramster. IF it's controlled burn I'll add a PDT. Hex throwers, put reflect in front of tree. 

Maybe add a 3rd bee if it's a boss lane or beserkers. 

Even if the cyborks hit your slimes, the lane will work just fine.

i would so agree that a nerf is due on that. Like half the length range, and like more than half of the vertical range reduced. I have seen them hit things that are way above their heads. I've even seen the game error, and their stun waves go airborne! Everything that counters Cyborcs mostly relies on range to do so, and range does not start dropping in shards until C3 (and rare drops i might add), and in C2 you do not have enough ascension points to really overcome it at that time with Gambits. Really sucks for new players. 

For me - when i see cyborcs in any lane i always let out a big sigh...and i'm like "ugh...not again". I hate when i have to build for them. Yes...hate. Goes against the whole fun factor element of this game. I'm not against challenges, at all. Take a look at my PS4 profile if you want to go there. I got 50+ platinums. It's not about that in any way, it's the fun factor of DD2 that is of my concern. I NEVER find Cyborcs fun. NEVER. Same with Controlled Burn - most hated mutator in the game for me. I'd rather die right away and reroll than have to play with it. Or more realistically, i quit the map, and most likely turn the PS4 off. Not exactly the kind of "keep playing our game" motivator i am looking for in game. 

Example - this weekend, i am playing a hard floor (for me) on Onslaught, like forty something. I am on the dreaded 3/3 maps, and make it to the 3rd map. I get 4 waves through with no issue, holding down the entire map with no major problems or DPS required lanes. Very spread out though, but still managing it. Wave 5 comes up, and its added lane. What do i get? A wide lane with Controlled Burn, and then Rollers in the other lanes. The measly DU i am given to counter that is not enough. I do my best to drop what i can on the lane, even pull form elsewhere to ensure i have support. Still, i am forced to DPS support the lane the entire fight. What happens next, the roller drops, I am forced to deal with the roller since i am by myself (as always), and nowi have to choose to deal with the roller or watch the CB lane, which both need my DPS support. I know whichever one i bail on, is the one the crystal will loose to. Sure enough, i leave the CB lane, go fight the roller, before it does my CB lane falls. I run to deal with it roller kills the crystal. Yeah i could reroll, but i am so mad and the FUN has so left the building, that i turn DD2 off and go play something else. Something that will make me smile instead. Thanks CB for punching me right in the brown eye on wave 5. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Check out this cybork setup. This is my default for every cybork lane. If it had a ton of guys, I'd add a second slime. Rarely I'll add a second ramster. IF it's controlled burn I'll add a PDT. Hex throwers, put reflect in front of tree. 

Maybe add a 3rd bee if it's a boss lane or beserkers

Again original heroes, they are pretty or fairly easy to deal with if you have a bunch of other heroes to use. Original 4 can do the c1 to c7 and even mastery. Onslaught the combos early on make it very difficult if not impossible to get to floor 65 or even floor 60 with original four.

You should have at least 1 hero if you're done with c7, 

@uzar quote:

@BeerGoggles quote:

Maybe add a 3rd bee if it's a boss lane or beserkers

Again original heroes, they are pretty or fairly easy to deal with if you have a bunch of other heroes to use. Original 4 can do the c1 to c7 and even mastery. Onslaught the combos early on make it very difficult if not impossible to get to floor 65 or even floor 60 with original four.

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

I prefer having the chaos enemies for variation, but I do agree the Cyborc EMP range is....excessive.  I wouldn't mind it being reduced or having a smaller AOE, or maybe even if we had an "EMP Resistance" shard to make defenses recover quicker from being disabled.

That would be really nice! I'm all for that if the Cybork aren't nerfed.

Two game modes , Trials or Onslaught. You should be able to reach C7 level by either with original 4. It doesn't say do trials get a a few new heroes go to onslaught...

@Jaws_420 quote:

i would so agree that a nerf is due on that. Like half the length range, and like more than half of the vertical range reduced. I have seen them hit things that are way above their heads. I've even seen the game error, and their stun waves go airborne! Everything that counters Cyborcs mostly relies on range to do so, and range does not start dropping in shards until C3 (and rare drops i might add), and in C2 you do not have enough ascension points to really overcome it at that time with Gambits. Really sucks for new players. 

For me - when i see cyborcs in any lane i always let out a big sigh...and i'm like "ugh...not again". I hate when i have to build for them. Yes...hate. Goes against the whole fun factor element of this game. I'm not against challenges, at all. Take a look at my PS4 profile if you want to go there. I got 50+ platinums. It's not about that in any way, it's the fun factor of DD2 that is of my concern. I NEVER find Cyborcs fun. NEVER. Same with Controlled Burn - most hated mutator in the game for me. I'd rather die right away and reroll than have to play with it. Or more realistically, i quit the map, and most likely turn the PS4 off. Not exactly the kind of "keep playing our game" motivator i am looking for in game. 

Example - this weekend, i am playing a hard floor (for me) on Onslaught, like forty something. I am on the dreaded 3/3 maps, and make it to the 3rd map. I get 4 waves through with no issue, holding down the entire map with no major problems or DPS required lanes. Very spread out though, but still managing it. Wave 5 comes up, and its added lane. What do i get? A wide lane with Controlled Burn, and then Rollers in the other lanes. The measly DU i am given to counter that is not enough. I do my best to drop what i can on the lane, even pull form elsewhere to ensure i have support. Still, i am forced to DPS support the lane the entire fight. What happens next, the roller drops, I am forced to deal with the roller since i am by myself (as always), and nowi have to choose to deal with the roller or watch the CB lane, which both need my DPS support. I know whichever one i bail on, is the one the crystal will loose to. Sure enough, i leave the CB lane, go fight the roller, before it does my CB lane falls. I run to deal with it roller kills the crystal. Yeah i could reroll, but i am so mad and the FUN has so left the building, that i turn DD2 off and go play something else. Something that will make me smile instead. Thanks CB for punching me right in the brown eye on wave 5. 

I guess this shows that the Hard Counters really gotta be reworked somehow or nerfed.....

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

It used to be variation to me when they were new. But now all i see are chaos enemies. It's not variation for me anymore because i see them on every map. The only variation i see now is playing campaign, and why do that at all but to grind dailies out quick. If there was an advanced mode with no chaos enemies, i could roll with the variation path. But now - its just the standard for all maps. 

Love the shard idea. I wish we had like a tower that was specially designed to counter Cyborcs or CB lanes. Something that makes it easy to counter them. That or add like 30% more DU to every map. 

Know what map i find the most fun? Buried Castle (the old Glitterhelm) map. Why? It has way too much DU on that stage, and i freaking love it. I always have enough DU to build against anything that drops, plus extras to throw around. I never have to sell something in one place in order to build in another, like i do on almost every other map. I know its excessive on this map, but you know what that excessive DU has led to.....FUN!!!!!! At least for me it is. I like no pressure on DU conservation. Cyborcs? No issue when i have 3 extra towers to deal with them. 

So you got those on floor 40 or so, my point is the original 4 should be able to handle at least up to floor 55 which is unlock of c7 if one so chooses to go onslaught game mode rather then trials.