Sign in to follow this  
Thaleskpl

Phoenix hitbox

Last thread, I promise. This one was also a request from people in the ddrng.

As you can see in the screenshot bellow, the hitbox for the phoenix is really funny looking compared to the model. Some people find it difficult/annoying that you can only hit the boss on the center of it's body (and way bellow that, as you can see) to damage it.

The request would be to make it's hitbox cover it whole body (or most of it), so hitting the phoenix is easier/more intuitive

nqOzswI.png

FYI that is the screen shot I posted in DDRnG chat, originally in response to Manicka's complaint about the collision cylinder.  I haven't really ever had problems hitting the Phoenix personally, but I investigated it because Manicka complained that it had a bad hitbox.

Basically, the cylinder extends far below the Phoenix, which makes it easier to hit from beneath:

This video shows how it works right now.  You can aim the mouse really far beneath, and your character will automatically aim up and hit it.  The cylinder extends to the top of the phoenix, but no higher. 

Here's another slow motion video showing how it works, this time showing it with a lupine bow:

So you can see the cylinder is very tall but also somewhat thin.