Sign in to follow this  
Kleeborp

Mark (how to use properly

Simple answer is you don't. 

Medallion is better in most cases. There are some towers better with other things, but overall medallion is your go to choice.

Assuming you got power transfer.

Generally speaking, you don't put a shard in a mark because it's a mark, or a shard in a medal because it's a medal.  You go with the combination of medal/mark and 3 shards which produces the highest DPS (or best combination of DPS and utility value.)

From what I noticed :

• If you have power transfer, put a medallion with a crit damage shard.
    This way your defense will deal average damage when not criting, and insane damage on crit.
  • If you don't have power transfer, put a mark.
    Your defense will either deal no damage or it'll crit for great damage.

And I believe the most important ascension power is the +20% crit chance on defenses (for your builders), if you don't have it yet, use the crit chance shard.

I do not have power transfer and most of my best upgrades have been marks. Ill fiddle in the tavern and see what they can give. Thanks for the replies all.

@Kleeborp quote:

I do not have power transfer and most of my best upgrades have been marks. Ill fiddle in the tavern and see what they can give. Thanks for the replies all.

Then, you are probably at lower stats. 

Which should result in:
Mark:
Def crit dmg

Defense rate

Deadly strikes

Would be my advice.

This also assumes you got 20 asc points to put into crit chance.

If you don't drop the def crit damage.

Depending on the defense you could also drop deadly strikes, but range and speed kind of are the most important things other than crit chance.

There is a lot different opinions on relic use. I'll throw my hat in the ring. There are several factors to consider. Some towers only use one stat, or don't use one. Plus there is always just opinion and preferences too. 

First off, the vast majority of defences all scale at 500% crit dmg to power. So there is an obvious temptation to want to throw crit on all of it. You get incredibly high damage output. 

However, with max ascension bonus you only get to 30% chance. You could eat another relic spot to get to the 33% cap, but really not worth it. So at best you only get that crit damage less than a third of the time. 

Depending on shard usage, you can focus that crit damge out, or balance it out with power so that the majority of the time your defense is at least doing some kind of damage. Plus you need to leave room for range on many defences. 

My biggest deciding factor from there is fire rate. I think this is the key. Anthing with a fire rate of 3 or more seconds makes a poor crit choice IMO. You want something that fires a lot, so the likelihood of getting a crit goes up dramatically. 

Power gets you dependability though. If you really focus on power, do not throw points into crit chance ascension. 

Currently got 90 asc points and I am grinding c3 for deadly strikes....I do have Def crit dmg, Defense rate equipped with all asc points into crit... things are falling down like crazy.

i am going through gear like every map now...this game is fun :)

was 1333 when the update happened and now 2712....going up pretty quick :)

Trying, did 12 maps last night and nothing :( quest continues. I do like to have goals that are not overall easy to get to, makes it fun for me when I get the shard :)

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Kleeborp, go with what PandynatorDD said for your marks: Def Crit Dmg, Def rate and Deadly strikes. 

While leveling like you are, use whichever (medallion or mark) has the highest item score. There is not a dramatic enough difference between the two for it to matter much, especially if you are getting a steady flow of drops. When start getting closer to max gear and a full set of shards is when it matters.