Sign in to follow this  
Plane

Warrior minion proposal

Right now warrior minions are pretty much useless.  I think almost everyone would agree.  They have a few problems:

Problems with the warrior minion
 ・ It needs to be on a buff beam to be effective, but it runs away from buff beams all the time.
 ・ It needs to be in str drain or it dies, but it runs outside of str drains all the time.
 ・ It can decide to fight an ogre directly in front of your crystal and get you killed.
 ・ It doesn't do enough damage to justify the MU cost.

So Mischief came up with a brand new set of behavior to solve these problems:

Rebalanced warrior minion proposal
 ・ Can no longer be targeted by enemies AT ALL (similar to auras and traps, except not even djinn go for them)
 ・ Can no longer collide with enemies (including other minions) - still collides with everything else normally
 ・ Can still be damaged by all things that normally damages minions (except melee attacks, due to how collision works)
 ・ Damage scaling increased by 2.5x
 ・ Is no longer affected by Tower Buff Beam
 ・ Aggression radius under Hold Offensive increased
 ・ Every time it attacks, loses 1% of its current health (rounded down)

So basically enemies never target it directly, but it can still be damaged by attacks from enemies targeting something near it.  This solves all the problems I listed at the top of the post.  The warrior minion would now be useful in certain situations (imagine Greater Turkey Hunt) but it wouldn't replace the existing minions.

All of the ideas here are subject to change based on community feedback.  We can potentially include it in the beta so people can try it, and if the community likes it we can keep it; otherwise we can remove it.  What do you think?

By the way, this is not my idea, I'm just the messenger :)

I think that would make warriors useful in certain situations, which is already way more than his current state. I'm all up for that change

+1 I'm for this change. however the self damage should scale with tower hp, otherwise they would only do 100 hits and die (if not repaired).

Alternatively, the self damage could scale off Tower Damage. More damage they deal, more damage they take. Tower HP would simply let it last longer.

Sounds like a worthy change. I would really miss having players ride atop super fast warriors, but it's a price I'm willing to play for not having them get stuck on minions.

The health depletion thing is weird. So tower health would do nothing except make them tankier against incidental damage? I'd rather it work more like aura or trap durability.

@Zurkov quote:

Sounds like a worthy change. I would really miss having players ride atop super fast warriors, but it's a price I'm willing to play for not having them get stuck on minions.

The health depletion thing is weird. So tower health would do nothing except make them tankier against incidental damage? I'd rather it work more like aura or trap durability.

All of the ideas in this thread can be changed by the community.  It sounds like you and Sugar both want some kind of health stat scaling for the depletion, so we could do that.

This is now live on the beta.  (It was sort of live in the previous beta, but only some of the changes were in.)  Please let us know what you think!