Sign in to follow this  
Zaurux

Onslaught with original heroes?

is it possible to reach floors 65+ using only the original heroes? i don't have any of the other heroes and have been having 50/50 luck so far with flame auras, flame throwers & cannonballs, just wondering if I'd need to save up defender medals for the dryad or other heroes? or are there other defenses from the original heroes that work well that i may have overlooked?

It'd be really  hard. There are a lot of hex throwers, cyborks and kamikaze air lanes are going to be really big problems. Controlled burn can be okay with PDT (explosive poison shard), but that can have geodes.

If I was going to try: Flame aura (times 2-3), Lite aura (times 2-3) and blockade would be my default. Ballista if there are cyborks. And I'd build a blockade in front of skyguards if there are kamikaze guys. You might have to babysit hex lanes.

Report back :D And if you have more specific questions let us know!

Keep in mind that you should probably save up defender medals to snag some of the other characters.  EV2 and Dryad a n particular.

Takes awhile, but well worth the effort.

In addition, to ev2, and dryad, I also use Abyss lord and mystic a lot in onslaught.

@jaden198 quote:

Keep in mind that you should probably save up defender medals to snag some of the other characters.  EV2 and Dryad a n particular.

Takes awhile, but well worth the effort.

yeah slowly saving up those medals to get another hero, emphasis on slowly however.. just stumbled upon the power of lightning strikes auras tho... super powerful considering the low cost of 20DU and double the range scaling of flame auras, so there's another tower at least available with non dlc heroes, yet to test out any of the huntress traps though

I myself got frustrated with the oddities of the dryads towers so i rarely use her, that comes with a moderatly high cost when you prestige. You'll have a lot more shards to level. On the positive side I did reach flood 134 not using her. The abyss Lord on the other hand I used on nearly every map.. AA and flame auras from the monk. But the AA becomes decreasing less effective the higher you go. Squire cannons with a shard to stun is insanely helpful. I dkne use much of the apprentice tho frosty towers are helpful for choking a Lane down with the right shards. Huntress really her only viable tower is the pdt all of her other traps are novelty. As stated above forget rerolling boxes. Buying upgrades with medals. Untill you have the majority of the characters. Depending on how you play  the dryad would be a good first choice I see alot of people have very good results with her I just don't have the time to fine tune her build.  Ev2 should be towards the top of your list for her proton and reflect beams. Abysslord ramsters are extreemly useful as they bit anything within range shielded or not.  Lava mancer his fissures are arguably better than flame auras.