Sign in to follow this  
Jaws_420

Next TE released Hero?

Man vs. Machine, from what I know, is like the Barbarian but with builds. People are asking for more build-type heroes and less dps heroes. The barb/gunwitch are great dps heroes. We need another Dryad type...where she primarily focuses on building and not dps. But they just released the barb. We won't get another hero for months. Like they said, they are working on key components, which is a preference to me, over coming out with another hero.

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Just gonna put this here for the campaign ;) (A dd2 concept art)

Oh my... you just so made my day. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  I just love her little heart tattoo, and her scowl. C'mon TE, epic elderly combat! What is not fun about that? LOL... 

Is there a place you can go to see all of the concept art that was kicked around? I'd love to see more of this. 

Anytime! :) (you're welcome)

I normally browse google images for stuff like this. When you see the images link toward deviantart or Artstation, those are good place to go for, I guess. I normally scour google images then dig in websites to find stuff normally ;)

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Man vs. Machine, from what I know, is like the Barbarian but with builds. People are asking for more build-type heroes and less dps heroes. The barb/gunwitch are great dps heroes. We need another Dryad type...where she primarily focuses on building and not dps. But they just released the barb. We won't get another hero for months. Like they said, they are working on key components, which is a preference to me, over coming out with another hero.

yeah, i always want more towers for the game. Supposedly MvM will have unique towers too. Ones that you can pilot around - movable. That will be very interesting to see in actual implementation. Having enough DU leftover to afford some on a moving defense may be tight, and having the time to AFK away from a lane to pilot it may be tricky. If it is strong enough, it may be bale to hold a lane like the Barb does. I am very curious to see it in action. 

I would love to see a hero that is the opposite of the Barb/GW - all build with almost no attacking power. I want a pure builder who makes amazing defenses. Bring it on!!!!! 

Agreed, i'd rather see AP and the Pet system worked on as opposed to getting MvM though. 

It's Man AND Machine. Though, Man vs. Machine would be an interesting concept. You have to fight yourself and the enemy. Hmmmmmmm....

latest?cb=20161102142312

@Lawlta quote:

It's Man AND Machine. Though, Man vs. Machine would be an interesting concept. You have to fight yourself and the enemy. Hmmmmmmm....

Oops - thanks for clarifying. Hate sounding stupid. 

Although his acronym now is MaM.....LOL. Yes, MaM. ha ha ha ha. That or M&M, but pretty sure that one is taken. Maybe MvM does not sound so bad now, eh?  That or go all Crash Test Dummies on it - his name is MMMMMMMMM, and then throw a Hanson BOP on the end. Ok, i took it to a weird place....   Jester_Forum_icon2.png

I had the very same idea with Lotus. I've been thinking of a pure Defense character. No DPS at all.

THE BRIEF STORY OF....

He's from another galaxy, a tiny planet far far away, where he and his people reached a higher level of consciousness, transcended in a spiritual form. 

They kept an eye on Etheria since ages, watching us grow gently, waiting for us to be mature enough in order to share their knowledge and wisdom. 

Their leaders heard about Gobus messing in the Realm, and decided to send the best Hero of their planet to help the Realm to get rid of the Old One once and for all.

INTRODUCING... THE STRANGER!

It would be sort of a Shapeshifter, a Changeling, with 4 different Shapes having 4 differents effects on his 4 towers.

These shapes could be the 4 elements (air, water, fire, earth) or more like solid, liquid, gas, plasma... The four Shapes would have a synergy, i.e. the Water Shape on a specific tower would oil them while the Fire Shape on that same tower would burn them. But I lack of fantasy here...

The Shapeshifter would be intangible, passing through ennemies (like Summoner in DD) and maybe even grounds...The healing part is then not needed since this guy has no risks to be hurt. 

He would still need to collect 4 different types of energy from ennemies, energy that would drop from dead ennemies when hit by his towers in the shape he's using....  i.e. I'm in the Fire Shape, so all his towers drop Red energy from ennemies. This energy will be needed to keep towers working (like oil in a car).

Instead of an Armor and Weapon set, this guy would have a set of 4 Orbs, to match his 4 Shapes, granting higher damage/effect.

@NoosS quote:

I had the very same idea with Lotus. I've been thinking of a pure Defense character. No DPS at all.

THE BRIEF STORY OF....

He's from another galaxy, a tiny planet far far away, where he and his people reached a higher level of consciousness, transcended in a spiritual form. 

They kept an eye on Etheria since ages, watching us grow gently, waiting for us to be mature enough in order to share their knowledge and wisdom. 

Their leaders heard about Gobus messing in the Realm, and decided to send the best Hero of their planet to help the Realm to get rid of the Old One once and for all.

INTRODUCING... THE STRANGER!

It would be sort of a Shapeshifter, a Changeling, with 4 different Shapes having 4 differents effects on his 4 towers.

These shapes could be the 4 elements (air, water, fire, earth) or more like solid, liquid, gas, plasma... The four Shapes would have a synergy, i.e. the Water Shape on a specific tower would oil them while the Fire Shape on that same tower would burn them. But I lack of fantasy here...

The Shapeshifter would be intangible, passing through ennemies (like Summoner in DD) and maybe even grounds...The healing part is then not needed since this guys has no risks to be hurt. 

He would still need to collect 4 different types of energy from ennemies, energy that would drop from dead ennemies when hit by his towers in the shape he's using....  i.e. I'm in the Fire Shape, so all his towers drop Red ernergy from ennemies. This energy will be needed to keep towers working (like oil in a car).

Instead of an Armor and Weapon set, this guy would have a set of 4 Orbs, to match his 4 Shapes, granting higher damage/effect.

Awesome ideas. i love it. Thanks for sharing!!!! 

Could have some really amazing outfits for a hero like that. Sounds fun. 

I wonder how this system of defense would fare in the game...(shameless promotion squire_small.png)

Talonguard of the Light and Darkness.

An elite talonguard that stumbled into the unholy catacombs discovers a dark secret within : three unholy gems that contains the spirits of the original spectral knights. Those knights attempts to corrupt him by fusing them within him but the talonguard's experiance with magic and his unwavering loyalty to Dragonfall is what kept him on the path of light. And thus, he is now, forevermore, the Talonguard of the Light and Darkness, Guardian of the Unholy Fire.

Primary Weapon : Spear (For the Talonguard to use)

Alternate Primary Weapon : Dark Spear (For the Guardian to use)

Primary attacks : stab, slash, thrust and other usual melee attacks

Secondary attacks : conjures magic spears/javelins to throw.

Unlike the Dryad, he turns to his other form by an ability. Neither form affect each other in ways like the dryad though it does affect at some point. It's like a 2 in 1 Hero, you can play either hero as long as you want. Though that will need to be like 8 relic slots and no shards that makes this hero does other hocus pocus stuff.

The Talonguard looks exactly like a talonguard and is is mostly light silver and gold, with bits of blue stripes. 

The Guardian, of course still looks like a talonguard too but is mostly black and brown (wood texture) with some orange parts. Unholy flames burns at the orange parts similar to the Ebonfire Warlord squire costume or the Dark Arts apprentice costume.

Abilities *as Talonguard*  

(1) Spear Empowerment : The tip of the Talonguard's Spear will radiate magical  power that triples the ability power damage that last for X-Y seconds in primary and secondary attacks. Cooldown for x-y seconds

(2) Au shimmers : When activated, Au shimmers is deployed as drone attacks. Shimmers does heals you and other heroes. There is a maximum limit of 4 shimmers. The UI shows each shimmer's health as they can be destroyed, ability mana can be used to replaced the one destroyed.

(3) Halberd Barrage : When activated a barrage of halberd will explode out of him, They oils and explodes upon contact

(4) Turns to the Guardian of the Unholy Fire.

Defense towers *as Talonguard*

(1) Boiling Oil tower : Very similar to the trap in the Ramparts. 

(2) Firework Cannon : An anti-air cannon that's pointing to the sky. Shoot's gold elegant rockets that explode at flyers. Kobolts and Kobold Gliders will immediately detonate mid-air when in contact with rockets.

(3) Axe Blockade : A blockade as wide as a spike blockade with three axes (prestigious looking) in the front as well as a helm on the top.

(4) The Crown : A  30 - 50 DU pedestal with a crown on the top. It connect the other three defense into the ultimate lane defense system/one entire tower. It have the dragonface at the boiling oil tower shoots flames like a flameburst tower and it turns the Firework cannon into a AA AND a ground defense. Plus, the Axe blockade will be able to knock enemies back. Tower's range and speed will be increased.

Abilities as *The Guardian of the Unholy Fire*

(1) Power of the Red Spectral Knight : The Guardian's eyes glows red as  half of the Red Spectral Knight (armed with a Spear) rises out of him but the Guardian is still encased in the spectral knight. Whatever the Guardian does, the red knight follows (like a shadow).  When the Guardian does his primary attack, the red knight's spear attack fires bulky beams of magical flame. As the his secondary attack the spear will fire magical fire balls. (last for x amount of seconds)

(2) Power of the Purple Spectral Knight : The Guardian's eyes glows purple as half of the Purple Spectral knight rises out if him encasing the Guardian. As usual, whatever the guardian does, the knight shadows. The Purple knight is armed with unholy skulls. During primary attack, the skulls will spew flames out like a flamethrower. For it's secondary attack, it'll continuously spin 360 and spewing flames but at a short range. (last for x amount of seconds)

(3) Power of the Green Spectral Knight : The Guardian's eyes glows green as half of the Green Spectral knight rises out of the Guardian encasing him. This time, the Guardian does no attacks and is unarmed. It's main purpose is healing turning the Guardian intangible to his enemies. (cough* assassins will not be able to affect him* cough). The Guardian will not be able to attack in this state.

(4) Reverts back to the Talonguard.

Defense towers *as the Guardian of the Unholy Fire*

Red Unholy Fire Shield : A Tower with a wicked lookin' Shield that spews red unholy fire that deals red unholy fire damage

Purple Unholy Fire Shield : Another Tower with a wicked lookin' Shield that spews  purple unholy fire that deals purple unholy fire damage.

Green Unholy Fire Shield : Third tower with a wicked lookin' shield that spews green unholy fire that deals green unholy fire damage.

The Unholy Gems : A wicked looking pedestal that looks similar to a Skyguard tower that has 3 gems (red, purple and green) infused within it. When connected with the three shield it become a 360 ground defense and the tower can only be destroyed by destroying the pedestal which has moderate health.

Notes

When there's two or one defense connected to a pedestal it will not become a single tower. Have to be three for that to work.

I wonder how this system of defense would fare in the game...(shameless promotion squire_small.png)

Talonguard of the Light and Darkness.

-snip-

Love it, great ideas. I like the 2-for-1 aspect in one hero with 2 tower sets, YEAH!!!! Spear would be a cool new weapon, and i really like the ideas of the linked towers. 

I am going to revise my predictions. i did some crawling around on the net for images, and what i found and did not find was kind of telling. 

I still think Man AND Machine is the next hero that will come out, hopefully around June-ish. 

88fxQFX.jpg

After that, i still think that the Countess would be a good bet on being released next

EeHGn4Y.jpg

After that, it gets much less clear. I do not see much for the Ranger, and in fact I think he is being renamed to the Hunter - but the concept art looks like a melee fighter, so not sure if this a net new hero or they are taking the gender swap idea and running with it. These are all old pics though, so it means nothing but eye candy. 

SaFctsd.jpg

And while i would love for the Prisoner to be after that...

fdJAm6w.jpg

I kind of think that the Spirit Warrior is another likely contender, based on how much concept art exists for it

beS8jwM.jpg

If all else fails though, here is an unlikely hero suggestion i think would be very funny and fun:

lhifIcz.jpg

ha ha ha

@Jaws_420 quote:

I am going to revise my predictions. i did some crawling around on the net for images, and what i found and did not find was kind of telling. 

I still think Man AND Machine is the next hero that will come out, hopefully around June-ish. 

88fxQFX.jpg

After that, i still think that the Countess would be a good bet on being released next

EeHGn4Y.jpg

After that, it gets much less clear. I do not see much for the Ranger, and in fact I think he is being renamed to the Hunter - but the concept art looks like a melee fighter, so not sure if this a net new hero or they are taking the gender swap idea and running with it. These are all old pics though, so it means nothing but eye candy. 

SaFctsd.jpg

I'm definitely all for the M&M and the Countess! And I really hope that they will stay the same as the concept art! They are UNIQUELY AWESOME!

As for the hunter.....I guess we'll see where it rolls. I still hope the ranger will be bow based. Would be great if his alt costume could be spider themed so the Spider Fangs bow fits him good!

@Jaws_420 quote:

I kind of think that the Spirit Warrior is another likely contender, based on how much concept art exists for it

beS8jwM.jpg

Just gonna add a couple more heroes we could be waiting for....(I really like the the Spirit Warrior, when I first saw him while surfing the web, I really want him to be in!)

Y2IpW9C.jpg

1ZAKMsn.jpg

I'm definitely all for the M&M and the Countess! And I really hope that they will stay the same as the concept art! They are UNIQUELY AWESOME!

As for the hunter.....I guess we'll see where it rolls. I still hope the ranger will be bow based. Would be great if his alt costume could be spider themed so the Spider Fangs bow fits him good!

Yeah, Countess is just gorgeous. i really love the artwork for her. 

M&M looks really cool too. Reminds me of a playable character in this old fighter game for the N64 called Mace. 

Left-side:

QpnUKDS.gif

I so agree with you on Hunter/Ranger. More bows!!!!! He should have crossbows. 

Just gonna add a couple more heroes we could be waiting for....(I really like the the Spirit Warrior, when I first saw him while surfing the web, I really want him to be in!)

Y2IpW9C.jpg

1ZAKMsn.jpg

ooh, yeah, great call-outs. i love the Void Knight artwork!!!!! 

personally will would like to see two new heroes released together next. one as the alternate of the original and one brand new one 

I always believed that the Void Knight was redesigned as a boss and became the harbinger. He has a lot of the visual design elements in common with the harbinger's whole theme.

The next 2 that I want are Man & Machine, and Countess, but I want Countess's Spike Blockade to be replaced by Bouncer Blockade.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Friday's dev stream had a pretty clear clue in it that MvM is next. Oh yes, it is happening. Sweet gnomey destruction on it's way. Hero piloted defenses! Should be fun...

I used to think that the M&M is a Dwarf ;) 

But when you mentioned he's a Gnome, that just made 'im a whole lot cooler! Oh yeah!

@Jaws_420 quote:

And while i would love for the Prisoner to be after that...

fdJAm6w.jpg

beS8jwM.jpg

If all else fails though, here is an unlikely hero suggestion i think would be very funny and fun:

lhifIcz.jpg

ha ha ha

All of that concept art was from the MOBA days of DD2 pre-early access.  Some of the characters were implemented in different ways (Kobold King in the Bling incursion, Rider as one of the pet NPCs).

My personal guesses would be that the Countess will be next due to there actually being a file in game for her eye textures, then either the Man and Machine or the Ranger/Hunter.