Sign in to follow this  
Jaws_420

Next TE released Hero?

Okay now that we have the Barbarian (and glad to have him onboard), it's time to start looking forward and ask ourselves who the next Hero should/could be. 

Personally i would really like to see something very different, or something shooter based, as the last 5/6 DLC heroes have been melee focused. 

Great link to some TE ideas here: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152903/dev-log-96-barbarians-wrath?scrollTo=1311396&page=2#1311396

I love the creativity of the Man vs, Machine idea. The look of the Crystal Warrior, the Ogre Warrior, and the Necromancer all look amazing. I am also jonesing to try the Jester, Countess, and Ranger since we never got those on PS3. 

However, my top vote goes to the....Prisoner!!!! The old lady on the ball and chain. I'm not sure what her story is or what her powers are, but this looks so different and cool to me. Love this idea. I hope she moans and groans with every hit. See below. 

AUKIL0m.png

Who do you want to see next? Feel free to campaign for your favorite choice. You never know who is reading this, so your wish may come true. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Y'know.....there could be an Eggplant Mascot costume for her with a goofy weapon of a Flail 'O' Giant Tomato.

OMG, i love it. Be fun having to grind to get tomato weapons, ha ha ha. That also means any sphere shaped object could make a great weapon for her - jack-o-lantern, globe, spiked mace, the ball from Phantasm...okay that last one was kind of a reach...LOL. 

I would like to see a few more goofy costumes for all the heroes. 

a little note. I do think that TE is working on MvM next. My reason - go to the town, and look at the recruit board. It shows everyone you buy, and has two silhouettes as well. One is obviously that of the Barbarian, the current release, and the other (top left corner) sure looks like the MvM silhouette. I see a little gnome hand, i swear. Either this is an easter egg for us, or i did not guess right. Anyone else see it and think the same? 

Still, i am campaigning for the Prisoner! She looks so fun and different. I want to kill an ogre as a little 90 year old lady with a 1000 lb concrete ball (or tomato) on a chain... 

I have some thoughts about who I would _like_ to see next... But I'm pretty sure that if you look at the hero recruitment board in the public square, it's pretty clear male archer is next.

i personally think they should finish releasing the alt genders of the original 4. Partially cause of OCDness, i mean, you started to, then stopped half way through, OCD bugged beyond belief lol

and mostly cause, i want countess. Countess would make me play this game a lil bit again, until of course the major issues of the game start showing up too much(like hard-counters and every end game map telling you how to build instead of letting you build for yoruself or get to have fun on your fav maps) especially if they release her classic armor skin with her, or just make her have teh armor by default instead of that pirate countess artwork i saw floating around before lol

@Jojozityjo quote:

i personally think they should finish releasing the alt genders of the original 4. Partially cause of OCDness, i mean, you started to, then stopped half way through, OCD bugged beyond belief lol

and mostly cause, i want countess. Countess would make me play this game a lil bit again, until of course the major issues of the game start showing up too much(like hard-counters and every end game map telling you how to build instead of letting you build for yoruself or get to have fun on your fav maps) especially if they release her classic armor skin with her, or just make her have teh armor by default instead of that pirate countess artwork i saw floating around before lol

Oh yeah! I, too, am waiting for the countess. It's be interesting to see how Trendy tackle her unique stuff as most of the squire stuff resemble himself. (Though actually, I would really prefer everything about the gender swaps to be new)

I actually like the Pirate Countess but I have to say that the classic version does looks dope too! So either the Pirate is the default and the classic becomes a costume or vice versa would great anyway!

I totally am on that same wave length. Had i not found the Prisoner picture, that would be my vote as well. My OCD also wants it to be completed. Although....i do wish instead they would take all 4 gender swap heroes and expand their abilities and towers sets more. I am hoping that is why they are holding off on the other two. Just skin swaps makes no sense in game with outfits. Still, having 2 of 4 bothers me...

@Jaws_420 quote:

I totally am on that same wave length. Had i not found the Prisoner picture, that would be my vote as well. My OCD also wants it to be completed. Although....i do wish instead they would take all 4 gender swap heroes and expand their abilities and towers sets more. I am hoping that is why they are holding off on the other two. Just skin swaps makes no sense in game with outfits. Still, having 2 of 4 bothers me...

Those heroes aren't off the table by any means, stuff just takes time. Heck, we WANT to develop and release them all already, as they are badass, but there's also other stuff we need to work on and release. It's quite literally a matter of developmental and production time. As the old saying goes, all in good time. :)

@Lawlta quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

Those heroes aren't off the table by any means, stuff just takes time. Heck, we WANT to develop and release them all already, as they are badass, but there's also other stuff we need to work on and release. It's quite literally a matter of developmental and production time. As the old saying goes, all in good time. :)

Yeah, now that we have a full melee physical DPS, a steady flow of good loot, a nice interface to manage heroes & shards and onslaught to progress with a nice curve, I'd say we need more content & map...

(and maybe balance.........)

But I love the new interface.

I just wish I could equip blue shards by rightclicking them if I have the available spot

(right click a shard meant for glove and hop it goes into my glove slot without needing to click on the glove)

@Lawlta quote:

Sounds awesome, keep up the great work. I'm not impatient for it. I mean we just got anew one, so not looking this gift horse in the mouth. Actually having 2/4 is kind of good tactic because it keeps people like me in suspense. Just as long as someday...we get the other two. Last thing we want is another Firefly-Preacher debacle where we only get teased about the possibility of what is to come... Darn you Wheddon!!!!! 

That also means...there is still time to influence who gets made and in what order... So  i renew my campaign efforts for THE PRISONER!!!!!!!!! How can you deny the instant appeal of old lady combat? I mean that sentence alone is just EPIC. She shouldn't walk either, but rather roll around on her big ball (or tomato). 

To support my campaign for the Prisoner, I humbly put forward my ideas for her backstory, move set, and tower set. I fully expect 0% of this to ever be used, but maybe…just maybe it will get the creativity juices flowing in someone’s head at TE just enough to give a spark of life to this idea…I mean dream.

AUKIL0m.png

Hero: The Prisoner

Story: The King of Etheria had a cousin, and when the former king passed on and it was time to pass on the crown there was an intense rivalry that many feared would lead to violence.When the cousin was sadly slain by Goblins in battle during the ascension, his mother took up his fight and vowed to put his son (her grandson) rightfully atop of the throne. For the actions she took, and the words that she spoke, the new king sadly had to imprison her for fear of revolt that it could cause. The prisoner was a powerful witch, so she was bound with rune marked chains and an impossibly heavy ball that cannot be removed. In a time of war, such matters need to be spared for another day. Well another day turned into another month, another year…and eventually time continued on, even past the first great goblin war. Now in the time of the 2nd great goblin war, the kingdom is under its greatest threat, and help is needed…from all of Etheria’s peoples, even those it sought to punish. The Prisoner has been allowed to help join the fight, and possibly making plans to usurp the king on the side! And where is this mysterious grandson now? 

Weapon: Ball and Chain (connected to Rune Marked Shackles)

NOTE: weapon has a constant passive that any enemy weapon shots or attacks that hit the ball (when not being used to attack) will be deflected and do no damage to her.

Alt. weapon ideas: large tomato, globe, spiked ball, crystal ball, glowing ball, Mario’s Chomp Chomp, the Sun/Moon, basketball/baseball/bowling ball, Pac-man.

Primary Attack (ranged melee): The Prisoner can focus her energy into a quick flick of the ball straight forward, piercing all it hits, and then quickly snapping the ball back, doing damage in both directions. (Imagine like a paddle ball bouncing back and forth).

Secondary Attack (360 degree melee): The Prisoner can swing her massive ball around for great damage.It can swing in a full circle, giving you the ability to fight those behind you at the same time for full crowd control range.

Primary Outfit: tattered prison clothes and grey Ball/shackles

Additional Outfit Ideas: Leprechaun outfit, old woman getup with walker (think retired in FL), Bunny rabbit – with ears and the nose (be so cute), 100% liquid (think T2’s T-1000 terminator), Jawa robes.

Abilities:

1. WHAM – The Prisoner uses her magic in increase the size of the ball 2 fold, then winds up and lets one large swing of her ball straight forward for 1200% damage.
  2. BAM - The Prisoner uses her magic in increase the size of the ball 2 fold, then winds up and lets one large swing of her ball straight downward for 300% damage in 360 degrees.
  3. THANK YOU MAM – for a limited time, all ball strikes that hit a fellow hero (or tower?) will heal them for a small amount of life. Can remove assassins.
  4. I’M OUT – The Prisoner can jump atop of her ball and roll on out. Ball will damage any enemies it rolls over (maybe can stun them as well – shard?). Speed and damage is increased on the ball as it gains momentum.

Towers:

1. Big Bertha – a large ball about 400% bigger than her weapon is placed as a rune protected barricade in the lane. It does no damage but has very high heath and attacks cannot pierce it. It’s is also the biggest DD2 barricade. 30 DU
  2. Octochains – a dual tower that must be placed onto the back of Big Bertha (cannot place it alone) that adds 4 chains to the back. Each chain will whip out and attack enemies nearby. Each upgrade adds another arm and more length to each. Cannot be stunned by Cyborcs. 50 DU
  3. Pendulum – The Prisoner uses her magic to affix a ball and chain from the air to hang down and swing back and forth in the lane in only 1 direction. Damages all it hits and pierces through mobs, but does not hone in on enemies. 30 DU
  4. Phantasm – Places 2 metal rods down (tower) that releases 10 small balls, one at a time or a fixed release rate. Each one then hovers around the tower’s diameter, and if an enemy comes near it, the balls produces sharp blades out of the front and quickly speeds to hit them for massive damage.Once they hit the enemy, each ball is destroyed, and the tower will generate a new one. Can penetrate shielded enemies. 40 DU

Initial Shard Ideas:

• Primary ATK – adds pushback to attacks, adds poison damage
  • Secondary ATK – adds whirlwind that pulls all enemies closer to you, adds knockback to attack (cannot be combined with previous shard), adds stun
  • WHAM – ball drops to the ground after being used as works as a mini barricade with very low health
  • BAM – ball explodes after being used
  • THANK YOU MAM – more life gained, adds self-heal,stun assassins
  • I’M OUT – ball stuns enemies it runs over for 5 sec
  • Big Bertha – increase HP but lose ability to add Octochains, increased ball size
  • Octochain – shackles are put on the end of each chain, and can grab an enemy and hold them in place for 5 sec. works on bosses.Each upgrade adds another shackle to one of the chain, up to 4 max.
  • Pendulum – adds a second ball and chain, slow any enemy hit, adds water (drenched) status
  • Phantasm – each ball causes an explosion when it hits for extra damage, add lightning damage, balls will attack only air units

Hope you enjoy!!!!   Sharkman_insane.png

Friday's dev stream had a pretty clear clue in it that MvM is next. Oh yes, it is happening. Sweet gnomey destruction on it's way. Hero piloted defenses! Should be fun...

So you got to figure Countess and Ranger must be not too far behind that. Jester a definite maybe. 

So i guess i want to call dibs on like the 4th next hero to get in line for the PRISONER!!!!! Gotta get those plans in early...plant the seeds...see what blooms. Epic elderly battle, just sayin. LOL

@Lawlta quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:
  1. WHAM 
  2. BAM
  3. THANK YOU MAM
  4. I’M OUT

The best way to end a presentation in every setting has been discovered. Congratulations! Emoji_Squire.png

LOL, i wondered if anyone would notice that, ha ha ha. I did get the abilities to match the wording, which i was proud of. Kind of worked in the end. Jester_Forum_icon2.png

@Jojozityjo quote:

Don't you mean CDO? It has to be in alphabetical order.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Jojozityjo quote:

Don't you mean CDO? It has to be in alphabetical order.

LOL, that is awesome. 

So from current info we have, it looks like MvM is next, and Countess may be next after that. Not sure if that means Ranger would also be up as well. 

Still hoping for some Prisoner love...wait, my god that sounds so wrong...

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Just gonna put this here for the campaign ;) (A dd2 concept art)

Oh my... you just so made my day. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  I just love her little heart tattoo, and her scowl. C'mon TE, epic elderly combat! What is not fun about that? LOL... 

Is there a place you can go to see all of the concept art that was kicked around? I'd love to see more of this. 

I would campaign for a version of the Chicken Man Man from Totally Accurate Battle Sim.

At least FPS crashes would mean something :')

@NoosS quote:

I would campaign for a version of the Chicken Man Man from Totally Accurate Battle Sim.

At least FPS crashes would mean something :')

wow, i had to look this up as i never heard f it. Very interesting game and physics. If you like it, campaign for it!!!! You never know  (all licensing issues aside).