Sign in to follow this  
jyutta

Jyu's Screenshot Replication Giveaway

Sorry, I'm not going to be entering the giveaway. I'm just here to help clarify things from what I'm understanding from the current context ^^

For those who don't understand the rules:

This giveaway is similar to Plane's giveaway(Please DO NOT necropost on this giveaway, the giveaway is over and I'm only using this link as an example for others to read). The only difference is that there are two winners per screenshot and there aren't raffle winners, only matching screenshot winners.

For those who say "they don't have diamonds or gear to match the picture":

Before following these directions subscribe to this map

When you launch the game and head to the main menu, you most likely hit "Play Online" and then join the "Ranked" multiplayer mode. While in the "Ranked" multiplayer mode after you select a character on the bottom left of your screen there is an "Export To Open" button(This button replicates your ranked stats, characters, and items in Open mode) press esc twice to go back to the main menu and then go to "Play Online" and instead of joining "Ranked" multiplayer, join "Open" multiplayer. Please do keep in mind, anything you do in open is not saved in "Ranked" mode, however, it may be a fun mode to play around in because you're able to play on community made maps. Host a private game and then right below "Campaign" and "Challenges" is a "Custom Missions" button, press this and select "Mod: Event Armory Shipment". On this map, you're able to get free gear to help do events in Open, you just need to attack the training dummies and the map will add the items to your item box.

TLDR: Subscribe to Tavern Armory shipment and just grab the free gear there to enter this giveaway.

Thanks for hosting this giveaway for the community Jyutta! :)

Thank you mutantken! The tavern armory shipment map is now also linked to the main post.

And gibsonman, as it has already been stated, this is a replication contest, not reach the spot contest which everybody is able to do. Prices are great, there should be some challenge. I decided to ignore colors since, oh well. You can see the reason in the many people wondering what to doo without diamonds, so even witch matching colors... at least they can get diamonds from that one map. It's two best anyways, and from what I have seen people have already have made mistakes which will not make them winners. I will not point out these things, since that would make people get new screenshots and would make things too easy. Pay attention to details. There are details that aren't colors in there too. Not on all of them. But some. Let me quote myself.

@jyutta quote:

Think about it as if all pics were turned to black and white, there would still be differences yes. Those things matter. Not the colors of your dias.

Now, if someone still has complaints about this giveaway I have simple advice for you; don't enter, don't read this thread. It's not so hard, I'm happy to give out these items to people who actually try and want to participate.

I mean i understand it. I just dont see the joy in replicating one by one. well thats just me. If you look at my screens: im at the spot but i did not pay any attention to perfectly match the pose etc. because i dont find that any bit entertaining. It was fun searching the spots. I guess theres no chance for me to win any pic, as stated. Good luck to anybody who finds joy in that.

It would be a little less frustrating without a timer in order to get the camera angle and such correct. I tried playing the map on Easy but the heart still dies pretty fast. Maybe I'm just not building it correctly, but it seems better to not build at all and just explore/restart.

I'm also starting to think you need two accounts to make some of these screenshots because when I zoom out I don't get even close to the angles of the OP. Maybe you need to change the Field of View, enable Auto Adjust Camera, change the Chase Camera position, or tweak some ini files.

@Travence ツ quote:

If you look at the title of the Thread it says screenshot Replication. And as Jyutta said multiple times by now .. Only the Colors / graphic settings doesnt matter.Also she never said that the first person isn't submitted. My feeling is that you didnt find any of the spots yet and Just trying to talk bad about this contest. Maybe i am wrong but thats what it looks like to me. 

I have already found the spots, I never submitted anything because I didn't understand what was considered a winning screenshot but things have been clarified now with Jyutta's replies. Also you say it was said multiple times by now but at the time of my first comment I believe only Bonny had submitted anything and you if look Jyutta said "not winning material". Again I am not the only person that was confused by it and there is no reason to get defensive when people don't understand something. As with any contest I think they are great that someone is nice enough to give stuff away and of course they are able to do whatever they wish with their contest. As I said before I was looking for clarity on the rules for those who wanna participate and they have been cleared up now.

@Double Dark quote:

It would be a little less frustrating without a timer in order to get the camera angle and such correct. I tried playing the map on Easy but the heart still dies pretty fast. Maybe I'm just not building it correctly, but it seems better to not build at all and just explore/restart.

I'm also starting to think you need two accounts to make some of these screenshots because when I zoom out I don't get even close to the angles of the OP. Maybe you need to change the Field of View, enable Auto Adjust Camera, change the Chase Camera position, or tweak some ini files.

You can just use Open gear  with like 5 billion stats as the first post already tells you. And all the screenshots were taken with only 1 player.

@Double Dark quote:

No, no need for any of that I believe :) At least not tweaking any ini files haha! If you want you can add me on steam and I can check my settings for you.

Also did you try with open gear? The event maps have only one difficulty I believe, and that is nightmare. I can also maybe hop in to help with the building part if you really can't do it with open gear.

I may have figured it out. I think you need to max out the field of view as well as something else. I'll let other people figure it out. Thank you for the offer to help and the giveaway.

Sure you can use open gear with 5 billion stats but I don't go around looking for cheats like this. The Event Armory Shipment isn't even close to those stats. Maybe this is what you mean. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89238500&searchtext=&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1

EDIT: The mask from the above map gives 5 billion to each stat except range. Should make things easy... 

EDIT: Maybe the FOV needs to change based on the screenshot? The first one I had issues with the FOV, but the second seems more like the default.

@Double Dark quote:

I may have figured it out. I think you need to max out the field of view as well as something else. I'll let other people figure it out. Thank you for the offer to help and the giveaway.

Sure you can use open gear with 5 billion stats but I don't go around looking for cheats like this. The Event Armory Shipment isn't even close to those stats. Maybe this is what you mean. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89238500&searchtext=&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1

Yes, things like that would help to get you unlimited time. It's really not a cheat to use that on open and for stuff like this. You're not using it to complete any maps on ranked to get stuff, or complete the map while running the event or something like that.

Thanks for the giveaway, had a lot of fun, even though it took me quite a while lol \o/
Also congratulations Jyu on getting to 3K hours, I'm just sneaking up to 1K.

Steam
https://imgur.com/a/yzGg6

Bumb, less than a week to send your screenshots!

The ambiguous rules kinda turned me off of it, the spelling and grammar errors in the OP didn't help. People may have not been so confused if you didn't go out of the map for a look-alike contest.

[[30696,users]] quote:

The ambiguous rules kinda turned me off of it, the spelling and grammar errors in the OP didn't help. People may have not been so confused if you didn't go out of the map for a look-alike contest.   

Every screenshot replication works the same. The one Plane did didn't even state the maps where you needed to search for, and no one got confused about it. The explanation on Plane's post was:

To enter the contest, you must do your best to reproduce any of the four screen shots below.  I will not tell you which maps these are on, and if you recognize them, I encourage you not to tell anyone else, because if you keep quiet you'll get a better chance of winning the item you want :)

Here's how you play:

1. Your goal is to make your screen shots look as much like mine as possible, in every possible detail.
     2. The person who comes closest (for each screen shot) will get to choose their prize from the pool.
     3. Winners will choose their prizes in order.  The winner for screen shot #1 will choose first, then the winner for #2, and so on.
     4. Once all four winners have chosen, the remaining prizes will be awarded at random to the remaining entrants.

which looks almost the same as Jyu's:

I will provide you with 5 screenshots in the end of this post. To enter you must copy at least one of these and post your image on the forums. So your goal is to make your screenshot to look as much like as mine, in every possible detail BUT colors and graphics settings don't matter.

You can do all 5 for 5 entries. So 1 image = 1 entry. There will be 10 winners, 2 best of each picture. Do them all to increase your chances to win! Rules are simple = get the screenshot yourself, and post it.

How come no one get even slightly confused about it on the old one?  This one even makes it easier since you don't have to worry about your character colors. Getting on that aka spot takes way longer than finding most of the spots on Jyu's.

Also, if anyone is worried about having to go out of bounds, you should be happy that I didn't get a chance to make my contest before this one, since mine would be way harder than these

Plane's is explained and formatted excellently. OP was edited to make it slightly more intelligible some time after when it was clear people didn't understand the rules. I never participated in, or seen Plane's contest and didn't have that as a reference to realize what was intended.

If you seen the post before it was edited, you might see why some people got confused. Myself included.

Only edits are to "in every possible detail BUT colors and graphics settings don't matter." Added the "every possible detail but". And time was added. The map to get diamonds was added. Uhm. Added some bold texts so that people would actually read those parts.... that's it. Pretty sure thales read the original one too. Like I have previously stated, I'm more than happy to give the events to the ones who actually want to take part on this one, if you're here to just complain.. well how about no? Most people I have asked have had no trouble understanding the rules. Out of bounds searching can actually be fun, have you ever tried it? On maps like aquanos or this one? It's not supposed to be easy :) But hey, at least 1-2 of these are supereasy so everyone should find at least one, and I have offered to help people who have problems with clearing the map. The offer still stands btw, just message me.

@Toomuchsugar quote:

The out of bounds spots are not difficult to find. Like I said, the spelling and grammar errors are what made it confusing to understand.

I guess i have equally bad grammar then, i understood flawlessly. perks of reading my own texts