Sign in to follow this  
jyutta

Jyu's Screenshot Replication Giveaway

Hello, I will be soonish reaching 3k hours which is a lot more than I ever thought I would spend in dd. So. I did giveaway for 2k hours and its time for the next one!

This time something little bit more special.

Giveaway will end on 23.3., at 20:00 EET(UTC+2), or 14:00 (2pm) EST(UTC-4)

I will provide you with 5 screenshots in the end of this post. To enter you must copy at least one of these and post your image on the forums. So your goal is to make your screenshot to look as much like as mine, in every possible detail BUT colors and graphics settings don't matter.

You can do all 5 for 5 entries. So 1 image = 1 entry. There will be 10 winners, 2 best of each picture. Do them all to increase your chances to win! Rules are simple = get the screenshot yourself, and post it. Make sure your profile or post has link to your steam profile so I can reach you when you win, no entries with second accounts! Max 5 entries for one person, and you can only win one item.

Prices are Rainmaker, Ball Blaster, Vamp's Delight, Greater Magicite of Wind, Black Satin Peak, and five others you will find out later! All traced ofcourse.

Here are the screenshots;
Vp76wF9.jpg 

t2vaO0X.jpg

4aHLDPN.jpg

gYxe3Dh.jpg

JrOkSNf.jpg

They can also be found here; https://imgur.com/a/YDqRD

Big thanks for Travence for helping out with this, all credit for screenshots go to him.

Have fun guys and girls, screenshots are from the newest event map Wandering Heart. You can use open gear to complete the map and search while its ongoing and have unlimited search time and you can use this map to get diamonds etc.

Found em all within 20 min. Re-posted them after I made em look pretty. Here ya go! I gave em all titles so its easier to tell the difference between em.

-----

Fred

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927051632246633960/80750300BEB2FEBD7C9B1A38518CD578304B6DC0/

-----

Fred and his beloved wife

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927051632246635296/E4C2D687E1555D52BAF83EB9D9D88C8BD6F9276C/

-----

Wha-What?? Fred's Ex-Girlfriends house?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927051632246637020/CDFBA393AE3A526B34D94C9CA6CC33F6D7BBAC57/

-----

FRED YOU CHEATING SON OF A B#$@%

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927051632246636215/AD24337C389CBC57191322A5A1E2558523677CF2/

-----

This is what you get Fred you Fu%$&^# A!@#*^&

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927051632246638161/4D93043CE9A27F5E1EAB9CBFC39A20B75555AD3D/

-----

Uhh thanks for your time.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaliBonny/

Yes. So much effort. So little likeness to the ones I posted. Where are the auras on the backround. What about the summoner? Diamonds? Details??? surely you can do better (Dont take this too seriously)

But in the more serious matter. uhm. not winning material, you found the places, try please :) Some spots can be reached on the ranked map too, but its harder ;)

@jyutta quote:

Ah, and don't care too much about graphic settings or colors on your hero, those shall be ignored.

So the dimonds colors/shapes and hero skin does not matter? :3

You need to be more specific about the parameters of this contest... If you want the replicas to be exactly the same as the original then how will there really be a "best" picture that will win. If 5 people all copy the images exactly then what makes one better than the other. I don't understand what you are looking in a winning picture.

@Jacoby The Yeti quote:

You need to be more specific about the parameters of this contest... If you want the replicas to be exactly the same as the original then how will there really be a "best" picture that will win. If 5 people all copy the images exactly then what makes one better than the other. I don't understand what you are looking in a winning picture.

@Jacoby The Yeti quote:

Sigh. As I said colors and graphic settings don't matter. Read the post, and if you look at the screenshots you can see there are two different summoners used and two different graphic settings too. If you're confused because of my comment, read it again. There is smaller little details that matter more, like reaching those places. I can't assume everyone having the same colour and size diamonds as those two different summoners there. Just do your best, if it comes to that there are multiple best ones I can't decide from, I will ask for second opinion or possibly use random name picker to decide. You have the chance to have 5 entries anyways, there is 10prices, no matter how you do you have big chance on winning. What I don't accept is replacing summoner with minions, lol.

@jyutta quote:

Yes. So much effort. So little likeness to the ones I posted. Where are the auras on the backround. What about the summoner? Diamonds? Details??? surely you can do better (Dont take this too seriously)

But in the more serious matter. uhm. not winning material, you found the places, try please :) Some spots can be reached on the ranked map too, but its harder ;)

Thales got it, great job :)

@Jacoby The Yeti quote:

also, yes!

Think about it as if all pics were turned to black and white, there would still be differences yes. Those things matter. Not the colors of your dias. Last comment on the subject, all that doesn't matter are colors and graphic settings.

@jyutta quote:

Sigh. As I said colors and graphic settings don't matter. Read the post, and if you look at the screenshots you can see there are two different summoners used and two different graphic settings too. If you're confused because of my comment, read it again. There is smaller little details that matter more, like reaching those places. I can't assume everyone having the same colour and size diamonds as those two different summoners there. Just do your best, if it comes to that there are multiple best ones I can't decide from, I will ask for second opinion or possibly use random name picker to decide. You have the chance to have 5 entries anyways, there is 10prices, no matter how you do you have big chance on winning. What I don't accept is replacing summoner with minions, lol.

So as far as reaching those places I am not sure what you mean, if i recall correctly on that map you can't use overlord mode. Which means to place those minions there that guy would have been there. Also just saying read the post and read the comment again, you really don't understand the concept of explaining things then, I could just tell you to read my comment again but that doesn't accomplish anything. Two other people have quoted my comment which means i am not the only one who wanted more of an explanation on what you are looking for. By the sounds of it you should have stated this contest as being those who can correctly replicate the screen shots will be entered for a chance to win. This isn't something that will have variation so saying the "best" will win doesn't really apply here.

I just feel like you are refusing to read what I write. The screenshots should be as linked above..  JUST graphic settings and colors don't matter, as I stated many. many. times. If you look at the entries, many people understand what I meant, great job on the entries guys.

@jyutta quote:

I just feel like you are refusing to read what I write. The screenshots should be as linked above..  JUST graphic settings and colors don't matter, as I stated many. many. times. If you look at the entries, many people understand what I meant, great job on the entries guys.

Ok so three people posted things and got it right, I posted with a question and two people copied my comment and one person posted screen shots that didn't count. Maybe instead of telling people to just read it again or claiming they are refusing to read or replying with "sigh" you could just actually respond helpfully. You are hosting a contest, if people have questions or misinterpret your rules just help them out.

Edit: All I am trying to do here is make sure the rules are clear for anyone who wants to participate,  for example that person bonny went and spent time getting the screen shots that didn't count because they didn't understand the rules. I don't think it should take someone having their submission not count for people to further understand what you are looking for.

Okay, if anyone else still has questions, feel free to ask. I feel like I replied to all the questions for now.

Also contest is called replicate screenshot, not do whatever you want at those spots. All I said in the first post was that graphics and colors dont matter, that still stands. I never said he wasnt submitted, but minions look completely different to summoner, is all I have to say.

Edit: I personally feel like bonny didn't take it too seriously, but decided to have some fun instead. There are always submissions like that on the contests. I don't know if this is the case, but seems like it.

@Jacoby The Yeti quote:

@jyutta quote:

Ok so three people posted things and got it right, I posted with a question and two people copied my comment and one person posted screen shots that didn't count. Maybe instead of telling people to just read it again or claiming they are refusing to read or replying with "sigh" you could just actually respond helpfully. You are hosting a contest, if people have questions or misinterpret your rules just help them out.

Edit: All I am trying to do here is make sure the rules are clear for anyone who wants to participate,  for example that person bonny went and spent time getting the screen shots that didn't count because they didn't understand the rules. I don't think it should take someone having their submission not count for people to further understand what you are looking for.

If you look at the title of the Thread it says screenshot Replication. And as Jyutta said multiple times by now .. Only the Colors / graphic settings doesnt matter.Also she never said that the first person isn't submitted. My feeling is that you didnt find any of the spots yet and Just trying to talk bad about this contest. Maybe i am wrong but thats what it looks like to me. 

@jyutta quote:

Also contest is called replicate screenshot, not do whatever you want at those spots. All I said in the first post was that graphics and colors dont matter, that still stands. I never said he wasnt submitted, but minions look completely different to summoner, is all I have to say.

Edit: I personally feel like bonny didn't take it too seriously, but decided to have some fun instead. There are always submissions like that on the contests. I don't know if this is the case, but seems like it.

I did take it seriously :/ Also tried having fun :( I didn't understand the directions fully, my bad. I'm not going to re-enter my submission because I'm still kinda new and i haven't made a diamond, let alone farmed WW. Put a solid hour into getting the shots right even if it did look silly. Even if the diamonds weren't the issue, I don't think people should farm/buy diamonds if they can't get it just to be able to participate in a community event. That's just my take on it but I'm not running it so I'm not writing the rules or guidelines on it. Just think that this little part was kinda a wall.

@bonny quote:

I don't think people should farm/buy diamonds if they can't get it just to be able to participate in a community event.

As the color or size doesn't matter (from what I understood), and you can use open gear, tavern armory shipment offers some diamonds that anyone can use, and don't take any time to get.

@bonny quote:

@jyutta quote:

I did take it seriously :/ Also tried having fun :( I didn't understand the directions fully, my bad. I'm not going to re-enter my submission because I'm still kinda new and i haven't made a diamond, let alone farmed WW. Put a solid hour into getting the shots right even if it did look silly. Even if the diamonds weren't the issue, I don't think people should farm/buy diamonds if they can't get it just to be able to participate in a community event. That's just my take on it but I'm not running it so I'm not writing the rules or guidelines on it. Just think that this little part was kinda a wall.

Sorry to hear that, as I said there is usually posts like that on the contests anyways, so that's why I thought so. Still funny pictures tho. But it's replication contest as it has been said many times, and that's not what replicate means or copy means. As Lare said, you can get diamonds on open easily, so no need to farm tons of ww for this one! I'm actually at work right now, but I'll edit the map that gives you gear/diamonds to the post later so everyone knows you can get them that way :)

Not to be co cky (it censors that.. rly?) or anything. But you still listed not one criteria which will decide which screen is the best. Or is the post about only trying to copy ur screens milimeter for milimeter? If thats the case, that would be the only criteria and rly hard to find out (and probably rly boring for u lol).

Im not trying to sh ittalk (censors too? rly?) this. but i really do not see the skill & fun in exacly recreating one / all of ur screens, i think its more about finding the spots. So personally it makes no sense for me to have anybody "win" a picture. It could also be used to give the stuff away just to the people you personally like the most :/

Found them all, put them in this album. 

https://imgur.com/a/nHiCT

Had a really hard time to make the character stand correctly

I understood the instructions, thank you for making contest jyu! 

have a nice day