Sign in to follow this  
talantmajr

Make Every Builder Viable (A Costume / Run Speed discussion)

So Since Run Speed is currently being discussed in another thread, I figured now would be a fantastic time to talk about something that I've always wanted to be able to do: gather mana, solo, in a timed run on something other than an initiate. That isn't the entire point of this post, surely; just a silly/pointed example to get us underway.

How the game is currently set up, all of the female class counterparts are (generally) faster than their male counterparts (generally at a cost of lower overall hp). This makes the female versions of the classes strictly better, when it comes to maps with tight build times.

Now, I know that no players are 'forced' into using the faster classes, and I know that all builder classes are 'viable' (yes even series 1.75 ev). All of the maps in the game can be built with the slower classes / without speed boosting pets. But it still feels to me like you're shooting yourself in the foot, from a time-efficiency-perspective, if you're not using those faster classes (especially on the maps with tighter build times).

Now, the Squire already has a fix to this, because some of the Squire costumes give it the run speed (/ attack animation / lower hp) of the Countess. I think it's lame that only one set of class counterparts has this fix.

My suggestion is to increase the speed of some of the older costumes for the other male builders up to their female counterparts. This would mean that players would be free to make whatever classes they want as their builders, instead of being forced into the 'best' option (which is currently Initiate, Adept, and Huntress) because of higher run speeds. This can be done at a cost of lower HP, if the community so feels.

I propose:

• Make one of the Monk costumes give the same speed as Initiate (ideas: Devil, Rudolph or The Prez)
  • Make one of the Apprentice costumes give the same speed as Adept (ideas: Mummy, Vampire, or GW)
  • Make one of the Ranger costumes give the same speed as Huntress (the only one that fits is the Assassin, but it fits so well!)

What does everyone think about this? Thoughts? Concerns? Ideas?

All current costume run speeds are in Plane's thread, if you want to get an idea where everyone is at currently.

My initial thought/concern is that it takes away from the DLC that Trendy created to provide that bit of speed advantage.  So unless you want to apply it to a particular DLC costume that doesnt currently have it, then it may be a no go with trendy since it devalues their DLC.  

Otherwise I am not opposed to the idea if there is community support behind it and consensus on which chars to apply it too.

But the initiate and adept also have useless abilities as dps. If you make the apprentice and monk just as fast then there would be no point in using the female costumes, except for the looks. It's not fair to me.

Multiple people have already pointed out about the abilities. Adept is the best female counterpart in term of abilities. Both of them work well. I do agree the rest of the counterparts needs rework.

I would agree with making one of the dlc costumes for each male builder have the same speed as a female counterpart. I already use the female builders, but it would be nice to see some variation

@Akasame quote:

But the initiate and adept also have useless abilities as dps. If you make the apprentice and monk just as fast then there would be no point in using the female costumes, except for the looks. It's not fair to me.

+1 This.
I vote no for this proposal.
Makes no sense, most people would then just alienate the DLC characters, as if one of the Male Monk costumes gets the same speeds as Initiate, he can boost, even 500 T-Boost on 1st wave works wonders on low levels, so the rest you can imagine the imbalance already -- more speed, better abilities. Even if you give less HP, makes no real difference.

I use my Devil Monk costume as T and H Boosters. I don't feel I need more speed on them at the expense of HP. So I'm totally against any such proposal, leave costumes as it is, they are fine(excluding any bugged ones).