Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Are we getting save after every completed map soon in Onslaught?

Basically I don't get hours to play and would like to progress, but without saving and being able to restart at that save point I'm not going to progress so will play less and less.

So straight question for straight answer

Is Trendy going to include save points after every completed map in a floor?

Yes or no and when.

I’m the same way, you have to devote so much time to each floor. If you’re playing and get to map 3/3 and then have to go do something it’s a lot of wasted time. I agree full heartedly that they need to have a map for map save system for onslaught.

@Fozzie quote:

Basically I don't get hours to play and would like to progress, but without saving and being able to restart at that save point I'm not going to progress so will play less and less.

Yes or no and when.

The question is straightforward, but the answer is not.

We know the pain point. We have solutions that can address this issue, it will take time to test them, and implement the best one. You will not see this addressed in the next update.

As for "Is Trendy going to include save points after every completed map in a floor?", that's not the only way to address this. ;)

@Lawlta quote:

As for "Is Trendy going to include save points after every completed map in a floor?", that's not the only way to address this. ;)

Another way to address this would be to make every floor a 1 map floor :]

Instead of Onslaught being  ||  It should be ordered

ordered like this:            ||           like this:

---------------------------------------  ||  --------------------------------------------

Floor 01, Map 01            ||            Floor 01

Floor 02, Map 01            ||            Floor 02

Floor 02, Map 02            ||            Floor 03

Floor 03, Map 01            ||            Floor 04

Floor 03, Map 02            ||            Floor 05

Floor 03, Map 03            ||            Floor 06 "Ancient Ruins"

Floor 04, Map 01            ||            Floor 07

Floor 05, Map 01            ||            Floor 08

Floor 05, Map 02            ||            Floor 09

Floor 06, Map 01            ||            Floor 10

Floor 06, Map 02            ||            Floor 11

Floor 06, Map 03            ||            Floor 12 "Ancient Ruins"

Floor 07, Map 01            ||            Floor 13

Floor 08, Map 01            ||            Floor 14

Floor 08, Map 02            ||             Floor 15 

Floor 09, Map 01            ||            Floor 16

Floor 09, Map 02            ||            Floor 17

Floor 09, Map 03            ||            Floor 18 "Ancient Ruins"

Floor 10, Map 01            ||            Floor 19

Floor 11, Map 01            ||            Floor 20

Floor 11, Map 02            ||            Floor 21

etc...                        ||                etc...

Just do a one to one mapping as shown, instead of a "floor" being multiple maps just make every 6th map be the ancient ruins or whatever its called and make them all "single map" floors.

I also physically can’t play this game anymore. I got a puppy a few weeks ago...I just can’t get 3 consecutive maps down in one sitting. It’s  so frustrating because WINNING the maps is not the problem. I really hope something is done sooner than later....I miss playing :(

@huntn4it quote:

Just do a one to one mapping as shown, instead of a "floor" being multiple maps just make every 6th map be the ancient ruins or whatever its called and make them all "single map" floors.

Sure that would solve the problem. One issue that might have to be considered is that there might be a balance problem. With the system you suggested, players will gain much faster onslaught levels, which will effect the current prestige system.

@huntn4it quote:

One issue I can see with that system is how it totally kills the need for "reroll".

Keep it the same set up just don't lump all 3 maps in one play sitting break them up into single but have to complete 3 for the floor. Reroll still takes place for unwanted maps\modifiers 

@Lawlta quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Yes or no and when.

The question is straightforward, but the answer is not.

We know the pain point. We have solutions that can address this issue, it will take time to test them, and implement the best one. You will not see this addressed in the next update.

Lawlta isn’t wrong, there is a simple solution to this problem, remove the AFK boot timer so you can leave your game on and go do your task / errand / kids / pets / etc so you can actually come back in like 30 minutes and not be booted from the game because you had to go take care of something. 

P.S. the gating system needs to be removed for onslaught. I don’t even play with friends because my one buddy gets disconnected map 3 literally like 1/3 times, makes it extremely annoying and takes out a lot of fun. Whether it’s the gating system be removed or has a recognition system so if someone gets disconnected they can join back without punishment. I understand y’all are having the gating system to force players to have to play all 3 maps and not just join last wave of map 3/3. But if it could be implemented to recognize players who joined and were playing with you that would be amazing. 

Also! The scaling in onslaught with multiple people is way too much. The goblins are stronger than most orcs solo. When you have frost goblins with over 8 million hp there’s a problem. And for lost temple it’s an extreme issue because the scaling was implemented for a “one hero in each lane” game. Therefore the hp scaling was quite alright. But in the instance of the temple you have upwards of 10 lanes, all scattered across a giant map. And since towers really aren’t self sufficient enough in groups it makes it painstakingly hard to win that map with any friends past maybe 1. 

[[166314,users]]

@TMyth quote:Lawlta isn’t wrong, there is a simple solution to this problem, remove the AFK boot timer so you can leave your game on and go do your task / errand / kids / pets / etc so you can actually come back in like 30 minutes and not be booted from the game because you had to go take care of something. 

That wouldn't solve the problem for me. I usually only have around one hour to play per day. If I can't finish a floor within one hour, I would have to leave the game running for 23 hours for the next retry or lose my map progression. If I can't play the following day (for work or family reason), the game idle uptime would be 47 hours.

@Rude..Boy quote:

@TMyth quote:Lawlta isn’t wrong, there is a simple solution to this problem, remove the AFK boot timer so you can leave your game on and go do your task / errand / kids / pets / etc so you can actually come back in like 30 minutes and not be booted from the game because you had to go take care of something. 

That wouldn't solve the problem for me. I usually only have around one hour to play per day. If I can't finish a floor within one hour, I would have to leave the game running for 23 hours for the next retry or lose my map progression. If I can't play the following day (for work or family reason), the game idle uptime would be 47 hours.

Honestly as much as I dread the 3 maps, if they just made it a single map that you had to beat 3 to advance would Ben easier for everyone. They’ll think of something. Just gotta be patient.