Sign in to follow this  
DiE4Ev3R

Bring back the Bunny Squire ! :D

We haven't forgotten, but we still don't know for sure where we will put the eggs (I think).  They should be in Update 4

I'm guessing egg drop rates aren't as rare as ult++ items. Becasue that would be like... not as cool to have them super rare to the point of a frustrating grind! :D

I'm personally not favour of adding eggs themselves, mainly becasue that way, even if the costume is added via other means, at least the eggs can hold their novelty rarity, like the pre-order pets, just not as rare of course. But somewhat valuable in the eyes of collectors.

But ultimately if its decided that eggs will still be needed to get the costume unlocked then I'm not against that. Just that I feel players should actually have a sense of pride and achievement (Thanks EA!) becasue when you look at it, literally almost all costumes are tied to achievements and beating maps and not "farming X items". Grinding for items and getting achievements for costumes I think is much cooler balance IMO. 

But this was my PoV about 1.5 years back. In the hindsight maybe re-introducing eggs as a reward drop or map drop seems more feasible considering the active player count, and most people already have all the achievements, so retrospectively unlock the costume won't be fun for most.

Edit: I'd should probably add that introduce all eggs there and maybe find ways of utilizing the bigger eggs to spawn or craft something, either in Update 4 or in future. Or just give the bigger ones a mana value upwards of 800m depending on size. When these were introduced they were used as a mana token in trading. That way maps that have eggs drop more frequently on them can also serve as alternate mana farms. Currently Pirate Invasion and Moonbase survival seem to be the meta, ignoring coal/cube trading etc.
I dunno... just some idea I had.

Good to know costume might be added to the game so people can finally have their bunnies! :D

We could have reward Eggs for Insane and below, like "Small Egg", requiring double the count of a normal "Egg", which you could get for completing X map on NM. 

(same number of eggs as before for Eggs and double for Small Egg, so its not SUPER easy to get)

Maps related to eggs somehow, that I think the eggs could drop(Pick one):

- TL Campaign/Survival (Chickens lay eggs)

- Akatit Campaign/Survival (Turtles lay eggs)

- Possibly Karathiki Campaign/Survival (No reason to play the map, except Amazon cos)

- GTH 1 & 2, as there are turkeys (Turkeys lay eggs)

- Maybe the Chicken Challenge, or a New, much harder, Chicken Challenge (again, Chickens LAY eggs) 

GTH2 was previously suggested as well.  I like the idea personally

Bump!

Everyone, we know there's support for adding the costume.  But we would like more feedback from the community on how the costume will be unlocked.  Ideally we would like to get a consensus on a specific idea before we add them.

It doesn't really matter to me. If the costumes were useful I would see the point. If it was added back then I think it should be unlocked by completing a map and not with eggs since that's how most other costumes are unlocked. If you want to make it egg related then it should be linked to one specific map. I don't have much of a preference on which map but Tinker's Lab and Chicken's Challenge both make sense.

If this happens, it should take a long time to get. When I see a bunny squire I recognize it as a mark of veterancy, and I'd like to maintain that.

I strongly recommend not adding eggs, since those are already a rare thing and bringing them back would sort of ruin that. Maybe rig existing eggs so they don't consume themselves to unlock the costume and tie it to something else.

It'd be pretty cool to tie it to a Steam achievement for something like large volumes of playtime. Maybe over 1k hours or something crazy like that.

Really against the idea of adding in eggs again!

And if the costume will come back it would be nice with it being a lil bit diffrent from the old one. This way the old players that have it will still have a "special" editon of the skin.