Sign in to follow this  
Jaws_420

My DD2 QoL Wish List

@Dreizehn quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

A working forum.

Sorry, but I'm currently salty 'cause I spent some time for a really wrong post only to realize the forum suddenly decides I don't have permission to view this page.

What happened? Did you lose a bunch of stuff you typed? 

Exactly. ^^ It is not the same content but I'll try to break down a part of what I had been writing so far...

DD is a multiplayer game. Multiplayer is in a bad shape. (If I'd ask a friend to join me trolling other people nobody could stop me because nobody can vote kick two people. I experienced multiple times a situation where I was building, had 1 active player, 1 afk and 1 troll...sometimes 2 afk. Simply bad luck.

Bring back Tavern Leader together with enhanced rights (even teamspeak servers can do this ^^)

• Hide/show match to public (at any time - even middle in the match)... this would solve the problem of not being able to join mid-match ...since there are hardly public matches anyway
  • Throw out vote kick and let this do the Tavern Leader. If people dislike that person, they see his name in the game session browser and won't join anyway
  • Ignore List: Bad experience? Put people on this list and don't get ever matched up with them again. Their games won't be visible to you. (and the other way round) Win-win situation.

Callout wheel

In the early (pre-alpha) days DD2 had a nice quick chat with various options like 'build defense here', 'repair here', 'sell this', etc. The options were related to letters.

I know similar quick chats from Dirty Bomb, Enemy Territory and Super MNC and they are really comfortable and also important.

In DD1 middle mouse button brought us a wheel to activate certain options like building defenses etc. If this was related to a quick chat (in addition to the letters), the gamepad/console players would profit from this as well.

I honestly have no idea why this has been thrown out of the game. Actually there was need of an enhancement instead of removal.

I believe I recall it being thrown away because people were spamming call outs to troll other people. And they nerfed the rate at which it would allow you to do it. But it was so slow that you’d really only get to do it like twice a round. So I believe they eventually just got rid of it entirely 

@TMyth quote:

I believe I recall it being thrown away because people were spamming call outs to troll other people. And they nerfed the rate at which it would allow you to do it. But it was so slow that you’d really only get to do it like twice a round. So I believe they eventually just got rid of it entirely 

Thanks for mentioning. I did not notice the reason behind this although it suits the impression I have had back then pretty perfect: Instead of fixing an acutally needed system they just got rid of it. ^^

If there had been the possibility of clicking on the chat names and mute people, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I thought of something new to add....

I would like to see the Initiate and Adept get mostly all new tower and ability sets. Being complete re-skins of their counterparts feel like a cop-out. If all we wanted was a new look, these "heroes" could have just been outfits you wear on the Monk and Apprentice. I greatly appreciate that they have 1-2 unique abilities and a sole unique tower, but why stop there? Make them into their own hero instead of only a gender swap. I am just at the point of having everyone else but these two, and i feel they are not worth the price, or any price. In a game where we can hotswap to another hero on the fly and can access all heroes on the build phase, there is very little need to have repeat towers and abilities of any kind. I am very happy they do have some unique shards. 

How about just twisting them slightly. Initiate Examples: Instead of a flame aura, give us a poison aura. Instead of a boost aura, have a enemy debuffing aura. Instead of the exact same air tower - change it to complement the Monk's (AOE or piercing shots maybe). Instead of a lightning aura, why not an earth one that drops boulders. Just different in some way to make them useful. I have the Monk already, and more than 1....please give me a reason to get the Initiate apart from pure completion OCD. 

Plus i have been playing with the same monk towers for so long, that any change up is sooooo welcomed at this point. be really cool if the "Flame Aura" was just an "Aura", and then you could add a shard to it that makes it into an elemental aura of your choice, each with very slight differences. Just a thought. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I thought of something new to add....

I would like to see the Initiate and Adept get mostly all new tower and ability sets. Being complete re-skins of their counterparts feel like a cop-out. If all we wanted was a new look, these "heroes" could have just been outfits you wear on the Monk and Apprentice. I greatly appreciate that they have 1-2 unique abilities and a sole unique tower, but why stop there? Make them into their own hero instead of only a gender swap. I am just at the point of having everyone else but these two, and i feel they are not worth the price, or any price. In a game where we can hotswap to another hero on the fly and can access all heroes on the build phase, there is very little need to have repeat towers and abilities of any kind. I am very happy they do have some unique shards. 

How about just twisting them slightly. Initiate Examples: Instead of a flame aura, give us a poison aura. Instead of a boost aura, have a enemy debuffing aura. Instead of the exact same air tower - change it to complement the Monk's (AOE or piercing shots maybe). Instead of a lightning aura, why not an earth one that drops boulders. Just different in some way to make them useful. I have the Monk already, and more than 1....please give me a reason to get the Initiate apart from pure completion OCD. 

Plus i have been playing with the same monk towers for so long, that any change up is sooooo welcomed at this point. be really cool if the "Flame Aura" was just an "Aura", and then you could add a shard to it that makes it into an elemental aura of your choice, each with very slight differences. Just a thought. 

Totally agree! Quite cool ideas! Love the "Just an Aura idea"!

You might want to check this out : Ideas to make the Initiate and Adept way more unique and cooler.

Plus, might as well to (re)state my ideas here too :

So lets get to the Initiate first......

Abilities.

I have no problem with those as they are kinda different from the Monk's. And they are pretty cool too.

Defenses.

There is a big problem here : Why would I want to use her defense towers if all those are already in the Monk?

Suggestions : 

Revert's the Monk's Boost Aura back to the Serenity Aura for starters as that's what that bonsai is made for. Which meant that we can now revert the Initiate's Flame Aura to the Boost Aura that was around back in Pre-Trials.

As for the Initiate's current bonsai Boost Aura and Lightning Strikes Aura, it is cool to turn them into a new auras or auras from DD1. Either way it's awesome!

Skyguard Towers. My idea for that is to make that into some kind of sky blockade like making that tower launch oriental harpoon spears that latches on to the Flyers effective hindering them to go any further. While they're being speared, those spears will damage them until they dies. Each barrel only launches one harpoon spear which meant that only up to 3 flyers be hindered at a time. But if any of you defenders have any ideas that is pretty cool for the new Skyguard, feel free to post it here.

Let move on to the Adept now.....

Abilities.

Arc Lightning and Arcane Bubble is pretty awesome. But what irks me is that she has the Tornado that the Apprentice have.

So my idea is to make that into a wide scale which means that she's able to unleash a Hurricane around her that knocks up (and damages) (marked?) enemies that's surrounding her.

Defenses. 

I have no problem with Hailstorm Tower as that's something new.

Now it would be cool for Flamethrowers to be turned into Frostburst or back to Flameburst tower.

Arcane Barriers. What if they were Arcane Armors instead? They're equipped an arcane staff that shoots and they could do melee with that when enemies gets too close. The armors does have the arcane barrier's color scheme and perhaps it's fitting that they are having a Hood as that looks wizardly.

And here's LineDrill 's Ideas too!

Initiate :

I suggest initiate boost aura to change combat aura.In this aura enemies take more damage and enemies who died inside the aura heal nearby allies.It's kinda defense version of chi wave.Monk has hero boost ability and tower boost defense, initiate has tower boost ability with combat aura she can have hero boost tower.Also rippling explosion, empowering flames and, boosted grasp could become these defense's shards.

Other post someone suggest changing initiate flame aura to frost aura. This aura can slow enemies attack and movement speed but it should deal less damage then flame aura.

Adept :

Changing flamethrower to flameburst/frostburst is the easiest change trendy can make.Also i add waveburst tower.Same as flameburst but deal water damage and drench enemies for short duration.

I suggest changing Earthshatter tower to Avalance tower.It's a slow fire rate aoe tower that creates landslide zone with x radius for y seconds.Enemies inside in zone take earth damage over time and move slower. 

@TMyth quote:

The onslaught system is honestly anti coop. It needs a QoL change where if you are at 65 (or even after the chaos 7 floor cap) you are able to play with friends on any floor, if you win you progress just as your friend does. Example being to clarify, say I just hit floor 57, but I’m playing with my friend who is floor 100, we beat floor 100 together, I would progress to 58 and he would progress to 101. Yes it would be harder comparing you are going up 40 floors above where you are personally, BUT at least you are able to play with friends and it would still allow the lower players to progress along with you. This seems like a fair enough process.

I don't think this is the solution. One would be able to progress and reach all milestones by just playing floor 65 over and over :)

@Djmilos quote:

@TMyth quote:

The onslaught system is honestly anti coop. It needs a QoL change where if you are at 65 (or even after the chaos 7 floor cap) you are able to play with friends on any floor, if you win you progress just as your friend does. Example being to clarify, say I just hit floor 57, but I’m playing with my friend who is floor 100, we beat floor 100 together, I would progress to 58 and he would progress to 101. Yes it would be harder comparing you are going up 40 floors above where you are personally, BUT at least you are able to play with friends and it would still allow the lower players to progress along with you. This seems like a fair enough process.

I don't think this is the solution. One would be able to progress and reach all milestones by just playing floor 65 over and over :)

I don’t think you understood what I said. I said in order to progress up a floor the floor you are playing must be equal too or greater than your current best floor.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Totally agree! Quite cool ideas! Love the "Just an Aura idea"!

You might want to check this out : Ideas to make the Initiate and Adept way more unique and cooler.

And here's LineDrill 's Ideas too!

Great link, love the ideas. The air barricade is a really great idea. The whole air portion of this game needs some love. That would really add to the mechanics and makes sense given kazes and zappers. 

I also really like LineDrill's Frost Aura and Avalanche tower. I think these are all really great ideas. 

15 is fixed

20 is half fixed. (Controlled burn + frosty fodder is playable). 

24. half fixed. Zerkers can still run past walls. but mobs don't spawn on the crystal anymore.

@BeerGoggles quote:

15 is fixed

20 is half fixed. (Controlled burn + frosty fodder is playable). 

24. half fixed. Zerkers can still run past walls. but mobs don't spawn on the crystal anymore.

Thanks for the call-outs. I rewrote 20 so that it is more about some combos, like CB + Geodes now. I crossed out the part of 24 hat no longer applies. Great catch. 

on 15 - was a change made? My issue is on PS4 when i try to click on a chest. Unless the Barb update addressed it, it should still exist. Sometimes i build like 5 bees right next to the chest - and then i can NEVER use that chest because of this issue. 

One other point you might consider. Defender packs should only drop things you don't have! Have you seen how many different things you can get? It's too much RNG. RNG to have the chest drop, RNG to get a good drop. C'mon. Either make it so you will always get a def pack, but the results are random, or make it drop randomly and you just get "useful things"

Shard system overhaul would be a huge QoL. Why drop the other 34 shards on C4 at all? I bet 60% or more of the shards are useless. Rebalance/ or redesign the system. 

Pets in general seem like a not fleshed out idea. Worse after resetting.

Sorry to keep spamming. "Controlled Burn + Geodes, or Cyborcs + Bullet Sponge." These 2 combos are not a problem.  CB Geodes = slime pit. or oil geyser or huntress trap. Cyborks +BS = Ramster (which is the same as all cyborks lanes)  

However, Air lane on bullet sponge is a pain. Cursikaze, wall leech, vampiric need to be balanced. Also, some lane combos in the same game are problematic. Frosty fodder +CB and Game Ogre lanes can spawn in the same game. Problematic to beat with lvl1 defenses, but usually you cant upgrade till after wave 1. Although, at least we can re-roll that now.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Huh. on steam, the mana chests were removed completely. Now this dude comes down and gives you mana wherever you are on the map.

LOL - brain fart. Right? Point conceded. I crossed it out. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

One other point you might consider. Defender packs should only drop things you don't have! Have you seen how many different things you can get? It's too much RNG. RNG to have the chest drop, RNG to get a good drop. C'mon. Either make it so you will always get a def pack, but the results are random, or make it drop randomly and you just get "useful things"

Agreed. I feel def chests should come in one of two ways - 1) as the way it is now, they should have guaranteed new items in in them, and all pets and pet food removed; OR 2) go back to making them rain from the sky on every stage, then repeats are no big deal. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Shard system overhaul would be a huge QoL. Why drop the other 34 shards on C4 at all? I bet 60% or more of the shards are useless. Rebalance/ or redesign the system. 

Pets in general seem like a not fleshed out idea. Worse after resetting.

Agreed - many shards are just there apparently for me to collect and hold in my inventory forever. I think TE puts them out to make me buy more bag space, LOL. 

I'd almost like to see - no limit to how many shards you can put on a piece of gear (no repeats). Then all the shards would matter in some way, and we could really drive up some of the stats. Some shards would have to be not allowed on some towers though, to prevent massive OP situations.

Or maybe separate shards for stats and abilities on a tower. I hate having to choose power and it doing something cool. We need power/rate/range so badly on almost every tower, that you never really get to play with the weird and cool ability modifiers. Balista is the worst for that one to me. Has like 4 really cool modifiers...neat. i only have room for one or less. Sad. 

Pets are just cosmetic to me at this point. Wish they had stats of their own that mattered, and the stats they give you made a significant boost. I also miss the days of DD1 where different pets did different things - such as gave you mana, as opposed to attacking. All DD2 pets attack only. I feel like DD2 stepped backwards from DD1 in terms of pet creativity and inclusion. Whole thing needs massively reworked. I really want a pet that significantly helps my builds somehow. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Sorry to keep spamming. "Controlled Burn + Geodes, or Cyborcs + Bullet Sponge." These 2 combos are not a problem.  CB Geodes = slime pit. or oil geyser or huntress trap. Cyborks +BS = Ramster (which is the same as all cyborks lanes)  

However, Air lane on bullet sponge is a pain. Cursikaze, wall leech, vampiric need to be balanced. Also, some lane combos in the same game are problematic. Frosty fodder +CB and Game Ogre lanes can spawn in the same game. Problematic to beat with lvl1 defenses, but usually you cant upgrade till after wave 1. Although, at least we can re-roll that now.

Spam away. 

Don't gloss over the "not a problem" part too quickly. I know they can be beat - i did not fail against them when i played. That was not my issue - that they are impossible. My issue is that i think it is an extremely poor setup where hard counters are countered in chaos-mutator combos. If the whole point of mutators or chaos enemies are to get you to play a different way, i think its really lame when that is then also countered yet again. CB is hard enough for most of us. it is not your average run of the mill mutator, like Lethargic is. Adding a mutator that intensifies the difficulty and even more than the Chaos setup - narrows your playing options, and is just silly to me at that point. Why not just turn the screen black for the whole match, and then punish me for failing it? There is a real challenge. I don't want doable or possible - i want fun. Those combos i mentioned were no fun to me at all. You can just beat everything with Dryad, just further proof of her OPness.

But to your point then on the other ones you listed - air lane with a shield can be counted with auras, wall leach and vampyric can be countered (somewhat ) with freeze and slowdown, cursikaze with ranged towers. But its not that easy is it (at all) - just like the ones i mentioned are to me. We all have setups we hate, for whatever reasons we do. Now if you asked me what mutators i love...my only response would be - when there is none.  I just wish this whole setup had some fun mutators and dialed the "screw the player" ones down a full notch. 

I am only in the 50's in Onslaught, so i have a ways to go. i am sure on the upper 100's floors where you get crazy stacked mutators, this is all much more of an issue. In that sense though, most people who grinded to floor 114, most say that they never intend to do that ever again. Doesn't say much for the fun factor, 3 maps per floor, and whole love of the challenge thing. Especially since the AP system is based on your highest floor done, so you should want to surpass your previous best on each reset. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Either Way, it's a good solution.

The only pet's I agree to be in def packs are those that aren't obtainable by normal means. Monthly pets like Madwick or a Pixiebell. (I know 'cause I've seen them drop in Juicebag's vids)

Though I've never seen def packs drops other Monthy pets like Possessed Sword, or the Purple/Black Bearkira or even a weirdly fascinating colored Narwhal. Perhaps those who happens to get barrages of def packs shed some light?

@BeerGoggles quote:

Cursi-Kaze + Timmy's Revenge is a wall of Overwhelming fists O' pain. 

CB Air lanes can be a pain (even more painful plus headstrong) if don't have a pal with poison mystic to back you up.

Vampiric + Headstrong + Griblok or Quibly or Gnash is Terrifying.

Detonator + Frost + Cyborks on a short lane is just "wow"

CB Berserkers + 114 gobu fodders is bad enough, combined with a Cybork lane to become double lane equals "you're gone."

Either Way, it's a good solution.

The only pet's I agree to be in def packs are those that aren't obtainable by normal means. Monthly pets like Madwick or a Pixiebell. (I know 'cause I've seen them drop in Juicebag's vids)

Though I've never seen def packs drops other Monthy pets like Possessed Sword, or the Purple/Black Bearkira or even a weirdly fascinating colored Narwhal. Perhaps those who happens to get barrages of def packs shed some light?

Great thoughts, i would enjoy that too. Especially the pets that are only cosmetic skins that cost gems to get. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

Cursi-Kaze + Timmy's Revenge is a wall of Overwhelming fists O' pain. 

CB Air lanes can be a pain (even more painful plus headstrong) if don't have a pal with poison mystic to back you up.

Vampiric + Headstrong + Griblok or Quibly or Gnash is Terrifying.

Detonator + Frost + Cyborks on a short lane is just "wow"

CB Berserkers + 114 gobu fodders is bad enough, combined with a Cybork lane to become double lane equals "you're gone."

wow...so much evil to "look forward" to. I appreciate all the info, and the warnings, so to speak. The climb to 114 will be rough. Now that i am finally getting my top C7 gear, i am almost ready for the plunge. 

CB air lanes? That is just wrong, ha ha ha. I'm adding that to my "nope" list.