Sign in to follow this  
Jaws_420

My DD2 QoL Wish List

Here is my DD2 wish list. Please do not feel this is just a list of complaints or things I hate. This is a list of things I wish were slightly better so that we can all enjoy the game more. I am sure everyone has their own opinions and feelings on these things - this is just mine. Feel free to add to the list if you have additions you want to include. I stopped at #34. 
NOTE - i play on PS4 (some issues may be specific to the system without me knowing that fact). 

Oh, and PLEASE do not just quote this full post in your replies and make this list like 4 miles long. No one will read that... 

Here goes:

1. DEF packs brought back to floors of onslaught already beaten.
  2. DEF packs remove ordinary pets (ones you can win on stages) and pet supplies from their offerings.
  3. A full and complete online guide on how to play every part of the game, which is constantly updated.
  4. Onslaught moved to one map per floor, and then the gating numbers revamped for Trials and AP to adjust for the new numbers so that the total number of maps is still the same.
  5. A free play mode on any map on any difficulty.
  6. Ability to see who is playing what matches online from all levels and game modes on one screen.
  7. Larger boss icons on the mini map, the icon is always on the top of all others, and a different and easier to see color (i.e. yellow). 
  8. Schedule bosses made easier to see somehow, like glowing yellow (Super Saiyan), so that they are easier to spot in the middle of a crowded mob.
  9. Able to see iPWR values on all gear/relics (fix coming soon hopefully).
  10. Able to stop having to remove shards from gear being swapped out (fix coming soon hopefully), without losing inventory space to do so. 
  11. Dryad bugs with Bees and Nimbus not attacking fixed.
  12. Ability to see other player’s ascension level on the game completion screen.
  13. The ability to see a drop down view while placing towers so that you can see where they are pointed at.
  14. A traditional drop down tower def game viewing mode for during the match.
  15. Have mana chests in the stage prioritize their ability to be selected. What I mean is – when you build towers near a chest, it can be hard to “select” the chest to get the mana out of it as the tower “inspect”cues tend to override and overlap it. It would be helpful if the chest always got top viewing/selecting priority so that we can always click on it.
  16. Ability to mute sound effects (i.e. weapons and torches) in the Town.
  17. Make it so that enemies cannot attack until they can take damage. Enemies in the spawn point should not be able to sit there and attack you, when you can do no damage to them. Malthus just keeps summoning skellies from the spawn point, which is not cool.
  18. Ability to chime or make a sound once you have already hit the ready up button…and someone has not yet. Typically someone does not hear the initial ready up noise, and they are in menus or something, so they stay in their menu until they hear the 10 sec countdown noise. I’d love some kind of button that makes a noise on their screen to let them know we are waiting on them before the 10 sec time. Even the same noise as when you ready up – again each time you press it. Not loud or annoying, but some kind of gentle nudge…"hey...hey buddy...time to play....hellloooooo?"
  19. Once you hit the button to end a match – the ability to still access your options. Often I want to leave a stage, but hit the “match over” button, but there is always one player who is not paying attention and has not hit their button. You then want to rage quit, but the game has you locked into it for like 80+ sec. Until they end it as well, or the timer counts down – you are stuck there. That is rage inducing. I want to be able to exit from any scenario in the menu.  Don’t like slow people holding my game hostage.
  20. Some mutator combos should not be possible, like Controlled Burn + Geodes, or Cyborcs + Bullet Sponge. Mutators that counter the Chaos hard counters (in the same lane) should never be a schedule combination. Like ever.
  21. Increase Sky Guard tower damage, or give us another air tower. SGTs do not do what their namesake says. Buff it or give it a friend.
  22. Have a hard counter for EMP blasts to towers. Example– have a shard for the boost aura that negates EMP blasts for towers (not auras) in its range, and make it so that the range of the aura is fixed to a small amount and range shards and gambits have no effect.
  23. Ability to adjust/increase range at which drops (i.e. green mana or gold) can be collected. Could be an AP perk or a shard.
  24. Fix the issue with barricades where either enemies spawn behind your placed ones, or when enemies just walk right by them. All enemies should agrro the barricade, or a list of who does not and under what circumstances - should be very well known to players, with a hard counter available to it. 
  25. Ability to reroll stats on acquired gear. Need a way to make legendries gotten on lower floors scale up to your current level. That or have a way to obtain every single legendary on your current iPWR level. 
  26. Increased AP stat bonuses, and new abilities offered in the Ancient Power system. Rework this thing as it has a serious lack of appeal to the vast majority of you gamer base right now. 
  27. MORE TROPHIES (or achievements)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way way way more. Like waaaaaaaaay more. Seriously. Need a platinum too. 
  28. A stats page on the main menu. We are all number lovers here. I would just love to see a whole bunch of random stats – like steps taken, shots fired, number of deaths, times switched characters, time played as XX hero, number of each unit killed, number of each tower placed, etc… Have like 10 pages of random stats. I would eat this up and constantly stare at it. Easy to tie trophies to this as well. 
  29. Have something to do with pet eggs that are not wanted.We get way more of these then we need…so what is the point of prolific pet drops then? We need some reason to keep collecting the eggs. Tied into a pet AP system would be a grand idea. Or just give them a sell value.
  30. Make some weak never used towers matter again –Dryad/Harpy, Squire/Training Dummy, Huntress/all traps, Mystic/Coil, etc… Buff them or add a new shard that changes their usability in way that befits the new modes.
  31. Bring back more monthly  coin missions
  32. Stop people from making really long lists on forums that no one ever reads all the way to the end.
  33. Make it so that when you look at the schedule list at a spawn point before a match, that the one you are looking at gets auto-adjusted to be on the top of your view. Right now, if there is another spawn point near or in front of it, it overlaps it and you cannot read the one you are looking at.
  34. Provide a roadmap of where TE plans on going with DD2 for the next 6 months or so. #TEDD2ROADMAP

Okay, that is all I got. Hope that was fun reading. 

RSDCD: 440

Id like to add 

- being able to change button mapping so I can open my inventory without having to accidently hit the gigantic middle button on the PS4 controller

- info about the map you just played, especially what damaged the cores if you lose. 

@Roukendouken quote:

BTW jaws, that's probably the longest post I've ever seen in DD forum. 

Really? Wow, i held back. I can top that (see point thirty-two first)...LOL     Jester_Forum_icon2.png

@Roukendouken quote:

Id like to add 

- being able to change button mapping so I can open my inventory without having to accidently hit the gigantic middle button on the PS4 controller

- info about the map you just played, especially what damaged the cores if you lose. 

Great additions. yeah the button mapping thing would be fantastic. I have accidentally ready upped too many times due to that big button. I also want to change what button sells things, as that is way too easy to accidentally click. 

I like the idea of an end of game summary. That would be helpful in learning to perfect your layouts, especially on modes like mastery. 

RSDCD: 439

Cool quality of life changes. There are certain points that do really need to come like 1,2,5,26, 28, 29, 30. Love those 7 points.

While points like 20 and 22 aren't really that needed, cause it's still painful when those enemies are still here, reworking is what that's needed.

And Roukendouken's would be really nice too. "- info about the map you just played, especially what damaged the cores if you lose. "

A working forum.

Sorry, but I'm currently salty 'cause I spent some time for a really wrong post only to realize the forum suddenly decides I don't have permission to view this page.

@Dreizehn quote:

A working forum.

Sorry, but I'm currently salty 'cause I spent some time for a really wrong post only to realize the forum suddenly decides I don't have permission to view this page.

What happened? Did you lose a bunch of stuff you typed? 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Cool quality of life changes. There are certain point that do really need to come like 1,2,5,26, 28, 29, 30. Love those 7 points.

While points like 20 and 22 aren't really that needed, cause it's still painful when those enemies are still here, reworking is what that's needed.

And Roukendouken's would be really nice too. "- info about the map you just played, especially what damaged the cores if you lose. "

Thanks. Yeah, these are not all really necessary by any means, but still things that i wish were different. Not all games will be a perfect match for everything we want. Then again, this is my "wish list", not my "realistic list of things i think they will actually ever do", ha ha ha.  Jester_Forum_icon2.png

There was another point that i thought of on another thread, and someone reposted the same idea the other day and it reminded me of it. I would like to have the ability to change the order of my heroes in my full hero list. 

Added to that, i would love to see a way to add more heroes to the instant change active deck list - like by holding L1 and then hitting all 4 directions would give you another 4 heroes in your active deck. Heck, let's throw R1 in there and add another 4. That would be 12 actives! Wish list.... Sharkman_insane.png

@Jaws_420 quote:

Cool quality of life changes. There are certain point that do really need to come like 1,2,5,26, 28, 29, 30. Love those 7 points.

Thanks. Yeah, these are not all really necessary by any means, but still things that i wish were different. Not all games will be a perfect match for everything we want. Then again, this is my "wish list", not my "realistic list of things i think they will actually ever do", ha ha ha.  Jester_Forum_icon2.png

There was another point that i thought of on another thread, and someone reposted the same idea the other day and it reminded me of it. I would like to have the ability to change the order of my heroes in my full hero list. 

Added to that, i would love to see a way to add more heroes to the instant change active deck list - like by holding L1 and then hitting all 4 directions would give you another 4 heroes in your active deck. Heck, let's throw R1 in there and add another 4. That would be 12 actives! Wish list.... Sharkman_insane.png

Oh yeah! Would like that function of changing the hero card order too. In fact I really need it!!! I don't want to delete my heroes just to rearrange them. 

The insta hero deck change addition sounds pretty dope!

Oh yeah! Would like that function of changing the hero card order too. In fact I really need it!!! I don't want to delete my heroes just to rearrange them. 

The insta hero deck change addition sounds pretty dope!

I have been thinking about hero cards, after you have talked about them. I really like the artwork there as well. I would love it if they were more visible somehow. Like when you select a hero, the art card for them comes up as the background of the page or something. Put it more in the spotlight somehow. Maybe in your tavern, each hero in your deck should be like a framed art piece up on the wall you can view, like a Hall of Heroes. 

Oh, and i totally forgot one of my biggest pet peeves that i am really sore at myself for forgetting it on this list. I think we are on point #39 technically - on the PS4, when you move the active cursor around, i would like the ability to toggle whether or not the thing that is selected by the cursor pops up a mini-window showing its details. Often the detail mini-window that pops up blocks my view of things i am trying to see behind it. I am constantly moving that box out of the way. Especially when you first move over to the hero screen, as it always auto-populates a mini-window every time, since it starts on your weapon i think, and blocks the hero stats - which is what i am trying to see. I hate that window sometimes. Don't get me wrong, i love it for when i am using it. But when i am just moving the cursor around - it is a huge annoyance. A toggle would be a big QoL to me. Sharkman_insane.png

Great list, nicely put...read well and not once was thinking your only whining, very nice constructive post that could help the QoL of the game. Thanks for investing the time and thought into this for the community. :)

@Kleeborp quote:

Great list, nicely put...read well and not once was thinking your only whining, very nice constructive post that could help the QoL of the game. Thanks for investing the time and thought into this for the community. :)

i appreciate the really nice comments, thanks. Feel free to add to the list if you have anything you want that is not listed. I'm sure all of us have different pain points here and there. 

I think next time i should make a list of all the things in DD2 that i appreciate and enjoy. We need a few more positive threads about what we like going around. santa.png

@Kleeborp quote:

3,4,5 and I'm a pig in s$%^ ;)

Nice! I hear you on that. I actually have started on my own solution to #3. I have written a few game guides for other web sites, so i may just go ahead and make a DD2 one for all of us. I already have the rough outline done. Will work on it this weekend. 

Ooh, and i thought of point #40 for the list - the aiming reticle. For the heroes that shoot (i.e. Huntress), the small aiming reticle is narrow, and white colored, and very often in battle i completely lose sight of it and have no idea where i am shooting at way too often. It got so bad i had to put a floating outfit thing on my head, so i could use that to locate it by proximity. I would love to be able to toggle the size of the reticle larger, and in a easier to see color (i.e. highlighter yellow).

Updating the list here by recapping all added ideas. 

35. Being able to change button mapping so I can open my inventory without having to accidentally hit the gigantic middle button on the PS4 controller

36.  Info about the map you just played, especially what damaged the cores if you lose

37. I would like to have the ability to change the order of my heroes in my full hero list. 

38. i would love to see a way to add more heroes to the instant change active deck list - like by holding L1 and then hitting all 4 directions would give you another 4 heroes in your active deck. Heck, let's throw R1 in there and add another 4. That would be 12 actives!

39.  On the PS4, when you move the active cursor around, i would like the ability to toggle whether or not the thing that is selected by the cursor pops up a mini-window showing its details. Often the detail mini-window that pops up blocks my view of things i am trying to see behind it. I am constantly moving that box out of the way. Especially when you first move over to the hero screen, as it always auto-populates a mini-window every time, since it starts on your weapon i think, and blocks the hero stats - which is what i am trying to see. 

40. For the heroes that shoot (i.e. Huntress), the small aiming reticle is narrow, and white colored, and very often in battle i completely lose sight of it and have no idea where i am shooting at way too often. It got so bad i had to put a floating outfit thing on my head, so i could use that to locate it by proximity. I would love to be able to toggle the size of the reticle larger, and in a easier to see color (i.e. highlighter yellow).

In regards to defender packs being on lower floors is not really a good thing. You could grind low floors and receive things that are worth money. Instead it needs to have a system where you are guaranteed a def pack at certain milestones. To give incentive to climbing. And the higher you get the better the rarity of def pack. That’s what needs to be done. There should be no incentive to grind low floors for def packs. And def packs should stop dropping some worthless items like pets and gold. That’s my stance on it

@TMyth quote:

In regards to defender packs being on lower floors is not really a good thing. You could grind low floors and receive things that are worth money. Instead it needs to have a system where you are guaranteed a def pack at certain milestones. To give incentive to climbing. And the higher you get the better the rarity of def pack. That’s what needs to be done. There should be no incentive to grind low floors for def packs. And def packs should stop dropping some worthless items like pets and gold. That’s my stance on it

Why is it an issue when players are farming lower level content? I'm genuinely curious. I feel the exact opposite and would like to understand.

@Plasma quote:

@TMyth quote:

Why is it an issue when players are farming lower level content? I'm genuinely curious. I feel the exact opposite and would like to understand.

Because you shouldn’t get to grind easy afkable content to get things that you are meant to pay money for. Most games the idea behind real currency content is the best players get stuff for free. Or players that have more time (aka kids). While people who work and don’t have as much time can use money to buy stuff since they can’t use hours and hours to grind to get free stuff. And no if you’re grinding lower content to get shards or other things that are necessary for progression why should you be entitled to get def packs too? That makes no sense. They have implemented a perfectly fine system. They just need to tweak the packs to give less trash and more good stuff. And if you feel you should be rewarded with awesome content while doing 0 work, there’s a problem.

Love the point of enemies staying in the spawners and attacking your walls and such. Brings an excellent point to Malthius but also the hex throwers which are more common. Any lane with hex throwers I actually stopped bothering with walls since the throwers would just stay in spawn and delay the game heavily. A lot of the topics you put are excellent and definitely need to be fixed at one point. Only thing I don’t agree on is defender packs dropping more than one time from easy content. When a developer gives you ways to earn free content that is meant to be paid for. There is no point complaining. Because at this point I’ve probably earned a couple blues, one purple, and like 10 greens. And yet I’ve prestiged one time and I’m now on floor 80. So for the people who are not attempting to climb to earn more and instead complaining that they can’t get free content without working for it is kind of frustrating to hear. It shows entitlement. As if the developer owes you content that is all cosmetic in and of itself. It’s not like this content affects gameplay at all. Be thankful they offer these things to begin with

Here is what i would i think the pack issue is, as both sides have valid arguments. First off - we already had the faucet turned on, and we enjoyed what came out. It's understandably offputting when you suddenly downshift to a fraction of the same input. 

I agree with the views about the pack economics, and why they shouldn't fall like rain. Saturation dilutes the effectiveness of the store offers, which need to drive revenue. But the shop still has gear that are not in def packs too, so some exclusivity is preserved either way. 

However, here is the miss to me. When the packs were on all floors, i didn't mind at all getting repeats, pets, or boosters. There would always be another pack. Now that the packs are much more rare - the duplicate drops and pet stuff feel completely underwhelming as an incentive. 

I think the fix is either: 1) turn the facet back on, Def packs on all lower floors with dupes and pets; or 2) make it so the def packs that now drop have no dupes or low chanes of them, and no common pets - legendary, gold or unquies only, and no pet supplies. That way everything you get is meaningful. 

I'm just saying that as a gamer, and someone willing to spend money on i game i enjoy - i like having a carrot on the stick to chase. Def packs, trophies, weapons, etc. I love the hunt. Def packs as they were, was way more fun to me. I only got into the outfits and art cards cuz i got a few from packs. It started something. Then i farmed them, and now the field is barren. I am sad...

@TMyth quote:

@Plasma quote:

@TMyth quote:

Because you shouldn’t get to grind easy afkable content to get things that you are meant to pay money for. Most games the idea behind real currency content is the best players get stuff for free. Or players that have more time (aka kids). While people who work and don’t have as much time can use money to buy stuff since they can’t use hours and hours to grind to get free stuff. And no if you’re grinding lower content to get shards or other things that are necessary for progression why should you be entitled to get def packs too? That makes no sense. They have implemented a perfectly fine system. They just need to tweak the packs to give less trash and more good stuff. And if you feel you should be rewarded with awesome content while doing 0 work, there’s a problem.

I just think that there should some incentive to help lower level players, with packs gone, I just can't find any reason to help random peeps on lower floors. I can help a select few, but I won't have any reason to exceed that limit, it's not a win-win situation.

For packs, reason I want it to drop on lower level floors, 'cause the current RNG chance is just too disappointing for me. I'm not even willing to buy those packs, due to the horrible RNG. I've experience buying 10 powerful packs, and I got quite horrible stuff.

But....

Of course I agree with you. If all the unnecessary stuff, is removed, then lower floors doesn't need to redrop them.

Though I still need an Incentive to help lower players

@TMyth quote:

@Plasma quote:

@TMyth quote:

I just think that there should some incentive to help lower level players, with packs gone, I just can't find any reason to help random peeps on lower floors. I can help a select few, but I won't have any reason to exceed that limit, it's not a win-win situation.

For packs, reason I want it to drop on lower level floors, 'cause the current RNG chance is just too disappointing for me. I'm not even willing to buy those packs, due to the horrible RNG. I've experience buying 10 powerful packs, and I got quite horrible stuff.

But....

Of course I agree with you. If all the unnecessary stuff, is removed, then lower floors doesn't need to redrop them.

Though I still need an Incentive to help lower players

The onslaught system is honestly anti coop. It needs a QoL change where if you are at 65 (or even after the chaos 7 floor cap) you are able to play with friends on any floor, if you win you progress just as your friend does. Example being to clarify, say I just hit floor 57, but I’m playing with my friend who is floor 100, we beat floor 100 together, I would progress to 58 and he would progress to 101. Yes it would be harder comparing you are going up 40 floors above where you are personally, BUT at least you are able to play with friends and it would still allow the lower players to progress along with you. This seems like a fair enough process.

@TMyth quote:

@TMyth quote:

@Plasma quote:

@TMyth quote:

The onslaught system is honestly anti coop. It needs a QoL change where if you are at 65 (or even after the chaos 7 floor cap) you are able to play with friends on any floor, if you win you progress just as your friend does. Example being to clarify, say I just hit floor 57, but I’m playing with my friend who is floor 100, we beat floor 100 together, I would progress to 58 and he would progress to 101. Yes it would be harder comparing you are going up 40 floors above where you are personally, BUT at least you are able to play with friends and it would still allow the lower players to progress along with you. This seems like a fair enough process.

Now that would be a totally win-win situation! I'm on 92, and there's really little peeps on the same floor. So it's really hard to find help. Plus I'm really getting sick of doing stuff solo too.

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

A working forum.

What happened? Did you lose a bunch of stuff you typed? 

Exactly. ^^ It is not the same content but I'll try to break down a part of what I had been writing so far...

DD is a multiplayer game. Multiplayer is in a bad shape. (If I'd ask a friend to join me trolling other people nobody could stop me because nobody can vote kick two people. I experienced multiple times a situation where I was building, had 1 active player, 1 afk and 1 troll...sometimes 2 afk. Simply bad luck.

Bring back Tavern Leader together with enhanced rights (even teamspeak servers can do this ^^)

• Hide/show match to public (at any time - even middle in the match)... this would solve the problem of not being able to join mid-match ...since there are hardly public matches anyway
  • Throw out vote kick and let this do the Tavern Leader. If people dislike that person, they see his name in the game session browser and won't join anyway
  • Ignore List: Bad experience? Put people on this list and don't get ever matched up with them again. Their games won't be visible to you. (and the other way round) Win-win situation.

Callout wheel

In the early (pre-alpha) days DD2 had a nice quick chat with various options like 'build defense here', 'repair here', 'sell this', etc. The options were related to letters.

I know similar quick chats from Dirty Bomb, Enemy Territory and Super MNC and they are really comfortable and also important.

In DD1 middle mouse button brought us a wheel to activate certain options like building defenses etc. If this was related to a quick chat (in addition to the letters), the gamepad/console players would profit from this as well.

I honestly have no idea why this has been thrown out of the game. Actually there was need of an enhancement instead of removal.