Power of the Ancients Patch 2.2

Greetings Defenders,

Power of the Ancients Patch 2.2 is now live on all platforms! This patch is addressing several issues that appeared since our POTA release, the majority of which are because of community feedback and findings. Let’s get into it!

Onslaught

Added session type to show on the escape menu. Should now show Public or Private.

Hero Changes

Dryad

We’ve received a ton of feedback on Dryad and were able to get some changes in with this patch. The changes include:

• The Dryad is no longer knocked out of Corrupt Form when stunned.

• Other Dryads going into corrupt form will no longer affect your towers.

General

• The "Logging into Playverse" window can no longer get stuck.

• There is now a pop-up window that will let you know if you're behind a firewall that is preventing a connection to our servers.

• Improvements and additional optimization changes made to reduce the chance of running into a black screen, especially when loading into the private tavern or town hub after completing a map.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with The Initiate’s Talisman of Empowerment’s Damage Protection and Range talents not functioning.

• Fixed an issue with the Mystic’s Snaking Sands not dealing damage when stunning enemies.

• Fixed an issue with The Lavamancer’s Submerge Speed being reduced after Patch 1.1. Gotta go fast!

• Fixed an issue setting custom floor when using gamepads.

• Fixed an issue where starting the game in fullscreen windowed mode would cause issues on startup.

• Fixed an issue where the Empowered Flame shard was not functioning or dealing damage.

• Adjusted Zapper pathing that was previously causing the boss to occasionally  get stuck in spawn.

This patch was focused on getting some needed quality of life changes before our next major update. Stay tuned for more information as things are about to get furious!

For Etheria!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

Yay no more stuck Zapper, now I can kill him even faster

@Lawlta quote:

• Fixed an issue with the Mystic’s Snaking Sands not dealing damage when stunning enemies.

• Fixed an issue with The Lavamancer’s Submerge Speed being reduced after Patch 1.1. Gotta go fast!

• Fixed an issue where the Empowered Flame shard was not functioning or dealing damage.

Wahoo, some great QoL fixes!!! Thank you TE!!!!!!!!

LOL, I did not know the EF shard was having issues. I have been using it this whole time. i wonder if my FAs just got a lot more powerful...

Hey, glad to see bosses won't get stuck in the spawn anymore, it was really sad seeing mana get stuck when you needed just a handful to upgrade something.

@Navarchus quote:

Hey, glad to see bosses won't get stuck in the spawn anymore, it was really sad seeing mana get stuck when you needed just a handful to upgrade something.

They all are unique in their pathing, so it might not be a broad stroke fix. If you do run into it, let us know here (and/or the bugsite) and we'll get it taken care of! :)

@bildobaggins quote:

Still no update to make resetting valuable or easier for lower level players.. shame

These were just QoL fixes, so small things. The mention at the end of the post that some bigger things are coming, and that is a more likely place/time for the kind of changes you are talking about to happen. if they happen at all, of course. 

RSDCD: 438

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Lawlta quote:

Wahoo, some great QoL fixes!!! Thank you TE!!!!!!!!

LOL, I did not know the EF shard was having issues. I have been using it this whole time. i wonder if my FAs just got a lot more powerful...

basically last patch bugged the damage modifier of the shard (i think instead of the intended damage it was doing negative value). you stood in the aura, you did less damage than when standing outside of the Flame Aura. hopefully they also fixed the Skeletal orc bug (Direct command just made him look cooler, not make him go nuts with damage and attack speed <--the intended action)

It's wayyyy easier now. You can replay a map or re-roll. Technically that didn't happen this patch, but prestiging is now 100 times easier than a month or two ago. 

Also the dryad fix makes it  a lot easier too.

@bildobaggins quote:

Still no update to make resetting valuable or easier for lower level players.. shame

@Lawlta quote:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Curse Aura, Ghost Wail, Poisonous Tips and Sandstorm Pet Abilities were not working as intended.

Fixed that for you.

Great job on the QOL and bug fixes! These were greatly putting a damper on things. Now if you could just make the game more co-op friendly, that'd be great!

I dont know if it is related to the patch, but i can do only mastery chaos 1 now. I am not the only one having this problem: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152759/c2c7-mastery-locked

The error says map unavailable, i play on xbox one. So far i have chaos 4 unlocked and floor 12 on onslaught.

With chaos 2 and above unavailable on mastery, it will be impossible to get vicious strike hypershard.