Onslaught Milestone Floor Difficulty?

I've been working on my onslaught levels recently, and I'm currently at floor 64 (will probably do it today), but I had a question about the floors that are basically your milestones/goals (like floor 65, 92, and 114). Is there a noticeable difficulty increase higher than the previous floor? Another question, Considering floor 55-65 are ranked as Chaos 7, are the floors past 65 even harder. I don't think that they would be, considering we don't have any gear past chaos 7, just wondering.

@IWantToDie quote:

Considering floor 55-65 are ranked as Chaos 7, are the floors past 65 even harder. I don't think that they would be, considering we don't have any gear past chaos 7, just wondering.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.  My highest floor is 75 and it felt MUCH harder than 65. At the very least, there was a noticeable difference in enemy HP.

Enemy level goes up continuously but it's subjective whether it's harder or not. I'm on Floor 97 (enemy level 7000~) and the mode has yet to be challenging. The only challenges it's given me so far are staying connected and motivated.

As to your question about whether there's a noticeable increase in difficulty for each milestone, I've experienced none so far (disappointingly).

@Sn/+/per quote:

Enemy level goes up continuously but it's subjective whether it's harder or not. I'm on Floor 97 (enemy level 7000~) and the mode has yet to be challenging. The only challenges it's given me so far are staying connected and motivated.

As to your question about whether there's a noticeable increase in difficulty for each milestone, I've experienced none so far (disappointingly).

Yea, I'm on 65 now and that's what it's been feeling like. The only problems that occur are when I don't pay attention to a mutator, or let a siege roller with the tower leech get to my trees. I feel like it's not meant to be a lot harder, just very time consuming.

The hardest difficulty comes from more advanced schedule/mutation combo. I regularly have 3-4 burn lanes on tower, multiple frosty lanes, etc. boss health is getting hard to deal with on REALLY short lanes. And Assassins are putting down a lot of dmg and I have had to do everything possible to boost health and damage reduction to survive their attack waves. (ANd usually be in range of cannons and/or proton beams to get them off me). Reroll and reply can allow a LOT of pushing though. I see a lot more headroom but it is becoming much more of a chore and less fun. And if you use reroll or replay due to failure it just takes SOOO long to play a floor. Especially having to play alone. I am kind of tired of that, too.

But generally I think Assassins and schedules+mutations being what is making floors harder more that enemy health and broad enemy damage. At least so far.

@tb3 quote:

The hardest difficulty comes from more advanced schedule/mutation combo. I regularly have 3-4 burn lanes on tower, multiple frosty lanes, etc. boss health is getting hard to deal with on REALLY short lanes. And Assassins are putting down a lot of dmg and I have had to do everything possible to boost health and damage reduction to survive their attack waves. (ANd usually be in range of cannons and/or proton beams to get them off me). Reroll and reply can allow a LOT of pushing though. I see a lot more headroom but it is becoming much more of a chore and less fun. And if you use reroll or replay due to failure it just takes SOOO long to play a floor. Especially having to play alone. I am kind of tired of that, too.

But generally I think Assassins and schedules+mutations being what is making floors harder more that enemy health and broad enemy damage. At least so far.

Lol I love how you mention replaying and it taking long. I just finished Floor 65, but on the third map I lost 3 times because a berserker kept running past my tree somehow (never saw it go past) and I always thought I had fixed it, until I just decided to DPS that one lane. I spent more time rebuilding than actually fighting.

@IWantToDie quote:

@tb3 quote:

Lol I love how you mention replaying and it taking long. I just finished Floor 65, but on the third map I lost 3 times because a berserker kept running past my tree somehow (never saw it go past) and I always thought I had fixed it, until I just decided to DPS that one lane. I spent more time rebuilding than actually fighting.

I almost always have a stun cannon covering each gem. It is great if a lady orc gets by stuff, if you get jumped by Assassins, etc. you have no idea how many times they saved me an entire floor redo.

@IWantToDie quote:

@tb3 quote:

To be blatantly honest I pretty much have stopped using walls all together, I pretty much just pick a ramster cannons and depending on extra in place of a wall I’ll just use a proton beam. Mainly because with enough aoe from a cannon / ram build you can just about melt any small mobs then the cannons shred the berzerkers. Give it a try. Makes things go super quick too

@TMyth quote:

@IWantToDie quote:

@tb3 quote:

To be blatantly honest I pretty much have stopped using walls all together, I pretty much just pick a ramster cannons and depending on extra in place of a wall I’ll just use a proton beam. Mainly because with enough aoe from a cannon / ram build you can just about melt any small mobs then the cannons shred the berzerkers. Give it a try. Makes things go super quick too

I generally agree with this. But I use Dryad heavily so do typically place a tree so it can aggro in case I underestimate a lane (but on high floors such failure hasn’t little forgiveness since wall street melt super fast, long before you can get across a map). But generally if they get to the tree and I am not there it is toast so it is like not having walls. 

Plus, on higher floors you use a ton of reflect shields too (even with no walls you will need it on some crystals directly) so that sucks up DU...

@Sn/+/per quote:

Motivation is indeed the hardest challenge