Is Curse-Kazi really this scary/crazy?

As if infinitely stack of defense rate decrease ain't bad enough, this have to happen too....

What does Curse-Kazi do to your range? These pictures explains it :

ro3saWn.jpg

ry97pLb.jpg

Look how small those Flame Auras are! I have Deadly Strikes and maxed out Range Gambit.

In the second picture, lower far right, you'll see a reflect beam. Which means that a World Tree is right behind. Plus having Deadly and Vicious Strikes shards. Looks how insanely the range have gone down....

So just wanted to know, is this intended? Or is it a bug.

If it's intended, then wow! It's one heck of an interesting and feared mutator.....Controlled Burn level fear.

And as a side note, How come this mutator is more common than Toxi-Kazi?

The range decrease is intended. It is a curse after all. The rate increase came in last patch after people abusing the rate decrease for proton beams , which made the mutator free. The dmg went up as much 10m+ dps or higher, since the rate could be 0,01. 

The mutator is meant that you dont use any auras on this lane, but the example you showed above rarely happens since you need like 10+ kamikazes for that to happen, which is only on timmy's revenge lanes

So just keep that in mind for cursikaze

@[ 猫 ]GoodGuyGero quote:

The range decrease is intended. It is a curse after all. The rate increase came in last patch after people abusing the rate decrease for proton beams , which made the mutator free. The dmg went up as much 10m+ dps or higher, since the rate could be 0,01. 

The mutator is meant that you dont use any auras on this lane, but the example you showed above rarely happens since you need like 10+ kamikazes for that to happen, which is only on timmy's revenge lanes

Gotcha. And yes, those happens at Timmy's Revenge lanes. (but wow! I didn't know that many Kobolds ride out from that lane!) I now look at that lane with heavy fear when it have that mutator.

Thanks for the info!

I can't say for certain that the stacking is intended since the curse from the hexthrower do not stack as far as I know. It also could be the case it is bugged, but since the stacking rarely happens on any other lane than timmy it probably does'nt have a high priority of fixing, since I don't think it is easy to be fixed. For now that is the state for the cursikaze. It will stay like this or the stacking will be removed at some ppint.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

As if infinitely stack of defense rate decrease ain't bad enough, this have to happen too....

What does Curse-Kazi do to your range?

I think I have you beat:

Rp06i9T.jpg

Note: That has max gambit, deadly strikes and defense rate.

cursi-kazi is pretty terrifying. If you get it on Timmy's revenge lane good luck

@Sn/+/per quote:

What does Curse-Kazi do to your range?

I think I have you beat:

Rp06i9T.jpg

Note: That has max gambit, deadly strikes and defense rate.

Holy! That is so INSANE! Really insane! Must've been a lot of kobolds detonations there!

If there are no cyborgs, Proton bean from EV2 VERY effective on the curse because it’s range can’t change. If there are cyborgs then you probably weren’t using traps anyway (bees with gambit can still be put in useful places, although the friaries move through bee/trap ranges fast if you aren’t slowing them down).

If slimes are any indicator, cursi-kaze can do reduce beam damage to 0%, so I'm not sure any range will be effective. In my case, 2 ramsters + the uncursed bees cleared the lane fine. 

@tb3 quote:

If there are no cyborgs, Proton bean from EV2 VERY effective on the curse because it’s range can’t change. If there are cyborgs then you probably weren’t using traps anyway (bees with gambit can still be put in useful places, although the friaries move through bee/trap ranges fast if you aren’t slowing them down).

@BeerGoggles quote:

If slimes are any indicator, cursi-kaze can do reduce beam damage to 0%, so I'm not sure any range will be effective. In my case, 2 ramsters + the uncursed bees cleared the lane fine. 

@tb3 quote:

The crit is still good. Trust me, I will use a full time upgraded and built out EV2 proton lane on Timmy’s with this and it can practically AFK. I maybe have a barricade and cannon at the end. I just did that on floor 155 last night and all I had was proton beam (full time built and upgraded) and a single PDT. Of course, they also had take less phys and more magic, too....but basically NO ONE made it past first 1/3 of the proton path.... I have done it without that mutation though and maybe a PDT+cannon  (cannon good for knocking out the bigger guys or if boss drops into lane, also a cannon or 2 can help soften the frost orcs that also freeze the defenses. PDT rate of fire, range and multiple darts is pretty effective against fast moving frosties.

Also, don’t let these cursed guys die near a Dryad tree or it’s range will also drop. I learned that the hard way one time when ALL Dryad defenses went down!

Also, proton beam pretty effective even when they have “can’t be slowed” (which I think is one of the worst frosty mutations) because it can still freeze them. But you want some other things hitting them during that (again, PDT a good one).

If your proton beam is not upgraded it won’t hold alone (at least on upper floors). I use them as a primary defense when a frosty lane opens up on temple where it makes senses and I can place and upgrade all at once. I also may place them to REBUILD a lane for less DU later in temple if needed (when I have enough extra gems to rebuild and then fully upgrade). I also still use shorter EV2 beams with a primary focus on slow/freeze vs damage.  Trust me though, this is a go to defense on the curse..... just upgrade it a bunch before you can (mostly) walk away. And think about a barricade at the end (set back a bit) so they stop IN the beam (near the end of it) to attack your barricade. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

This is what cursi-kaze did to my slimes:  99.996% damage reduction, 98% range reduction, Slimes regenerate 28x slower. 427B6E37731584DB7DBD71E6D309129A7ACD7BBC

Slimes are really bad for the curse. The spawn too slow. Use something with RAPID attacks so you can depend more on crit which isn’t nerfed. That is why EV2 beams still super effective.

Of course, your ramsters and enough range bees effective too. But at higher floors DU is at a premium and when a lane opens up mid temple with this config and I need DU, place 2 ramsters (100), a tree (30) and then X bees (X times 30) is not only expensive, but then upgrading EACH one of them is also expensive. One long chain EV2 strand is 110 and then a single round of upgrades means tier 1-5 all same round and gems left over for other lane upgrades....

Lots of ways to build though so do what works for you. Just trying to provide some (also proven) alternatives and tips to adapt for those that decide to push high floors. You want all the config options you can to adapt to temple scenarios.

@BeerGoggles quote:

I actually think cursikaze is bugged. This lane only has one kobold per wave.  It's like 99% damage reduced.

What would happen if you sold the tower/trap/aura and put it right back down? Is that way to clear the curse? Better to just wait it out? I have not played against this muatator yet...that i am aware of. 

@[ 猫 ]GoodGuyGero quote:

Gotcha. And yes, those happens at Timmy's Revenge lanes. (but wow! I didn't know that many Kobolds ride out from that lane!) I now look at that lane with heavy fear when it have that mutator.

Thanks for the info!

As long as you don’t get a short lane with Timmy’s revenge cursikazi you can just spam ramsters, that handles the lane with ease.