Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

[Discussion] Palantir Survival Rewards

So Palantir is damn fine map, beautiful and all. However, I've heard form Kana, Mayhem and couple of others that the map's Survival is rather unusually hard. Palantir Survival also doesn't drop any survival pet reward either and the survival completion rewards are just whatever drops on campaign. Not even a Giraffe.
So based on what I've heard from people about the map's difficulty, I think Palantir Survival would make a perfect location to drop high quality (and possibly base damage buffed) Animus pets (given the whole Evil thingy) to give some variety on DPS pets. Assuming of course its current difficulty isn't changed. I will be trying it out later just to see how hard it is, myself, for the experience.

So, coming to the point:
It could drop any random Animus while on a Jester or Summoner.
It could drop Huntress / Apprentice Animus while on EV.
And it could drop a fixed Animus based on your class for other characters(including Barb and Opposite Genders).

I know the suggestion for giving guaranteed high quality Animus Pets will piss off a few people, especially collectors. I'm one myself. Have a few Ult++ Animus and bunch of Ult+/Ult Animus myself, but I think some DPS variety is certainly needed. Animus Pets are awesome, I'd be perfectly be willing to give up rarity if at all this makes Animus Pets more usable and a viable option for NMHC end-game maps! 
Edit: And I mean Fairies were pretty rare to farm themselves but they were added in ToW Survival with a high chance to roll Ult or above. So I think this would be perfectly in line for end-game.

Imp is a fairly common drop from Bonus maps. And also a very niche pet as you only ever need 1 or at the most 2 and don't have to go over 5K in base damage so it repairs stuff nicely and doesn't consume entire mana per repair. So even a Trans Imp is sufficient.
And if I recall correctly, Imps were added as a reward in Dread Dungeon survival. So I'd personally rather not have Imps added for the difficulty spike present in Palantir Survival. 

@Black Mamba quote:

And if I recall correctly, Imps were added as a reward in Dread Dungeon survival. So I'd personally rather not have Imps added for the difficulty spike present in Palantir Survival. 

Somebody needs to update the wiki then. 

I too think we need a map with higher end pets and for once buff the old ones, the animus were my favourite pet upto insane, I would love if we could use them more and love it even more if we could farm them on this amazing map.

Played the map just now and the rewards were better than I remember them, were they buffed (campaign) ?

@Veetoo quote:

Played the map just now and the rewards were better than I remember them, were they buffed (campaign) ?

They were buffed to "Lab Assault levels", meaning mostly garbage.

[[60173,users]] -- Yeah campaign rewards were buffed long back before you quit actually, to make them roll like Lab, but they still roll like crap.

So anyways, I was doing this map on Survival, started from Wave 8, had to improvise a bit, but got a good build down by Wave 9. Now I normally just tick Mix Mode anytime I'm playing survivals, so I dunno if this is a Mix Mode thing for this map, but damn the Ogres even at wave 12 were getting like 60m+ HP. And of course it being Mix Mode some were like 3-4m HP, but the regular ones were pretty beefy it seemed.
Sadly I got disconnected on wave 13, but yeah, I think what I've heard from Kana seems to be true for this map that by the time you reach the end waves the Ogres get like 350m HP.
I'll try another run later on non-Mix Mode to see what is the regular scaling like. I think some tweaking might be required becasue even Embermount doesn't have that high HP Ogres until wave 38-40 if I remember correctly. Heck even Pirate Invasion Ogre HP starts to go bonkers after wave 16-17, which is like more than good enough for 99.99% playerbase! :D

So yeah, definitely worth adding the Animus Pets here, see no down side to having some high quality and alternate DPS pet variants!

@Double Dark quote:

Yeah about that... well some of us did make a team, but I personally kinda got tangled up between house shifting and IRL things for a few months so it derailed hard from my side. Might get back to editing the wiki, can't promise anything right now though stuff going on in IRL sadly.
Either way, if you're interested do check this thread -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/147621/ On the last page I think is the link to the Discord we made(well Harry made), we have resources and a doc file pinned there listing out what stuff needs updating / adding etc. Do take a look and feel free to contribute!

Palantir ogres get some funny HP later on. You'll have 200m+ HP ogres followed by ones with less than a million HP. I imagine thats the fault of rollover.

I forgot about the the wiki editing. Will go and see what I can do to help on that one.
Edit: The invite in the thread expired. rip

Try out now -- https://discord.gg/G54T8Cy

Palantir ogres get some funny HP later on. You'll have 200m+ HP ogres followed by ones with less than a million HP. I imagine thats the fault of rollover.

That's for regular non-Mix Mode yeah?
It gets till 350m from what I've been told, bonkers LOL!

At the top of every enemy spawner in DDDK, there's an option to turn off Mix Mode randomization, and on almost every map it's disabled for ogre spawners.  But on Akatiti and Palantir it's enabled for ogres, so their HP randomly goes up and down.  This is not a bug and is not due to roll over – it's an intentional design choice by the creators of the maps. 

It isn't just HP that's randomized, but overall difficulty.  That means the low HP ogres move very slowly and do very little damage, but the high HP ogres move quickly and hit hard.  Palantir NMHC survival is already hard, so this makes NMHCMM pretty tricky.

@Caimen0 quote:

@Veetoo quote:

They were buffed to "Lab Assault levels", meaning mostly garbage.

@Black Mamba quote:

Veetoo -- Yeah campaign rewards were buffed long back before you quit actually, to make them roll like Lab, but they still roll like crap.

So anyways, I was doing this map on Survival, started from Wave 8, had to improvise a bit, but got a good build down by Wave 9. Now I normally just tick Mix Mode anytime I'm playing survivals, so I dunno if this is a Mix Mode thing for this map, but damn the Ogres even at wave 12 were getting like 60m+ HP. And of course it being Mix Mode some were like 3-4m HP, but the regular ones were pretty beefy it seemed.
Sadly I got disconnected on wave 13, but yeah, I think what I've heard from Kana seems to be true for this map that by the time you reach the end waves the Ogres get like 350m HP.
I'll try another run later on non-Mix Mode to see what is the regular scaling like. I think some tweaking might be required becasue even Embermount doesn't have that high HP Ogres until wave 38-40 if I remember correctly. Heck even Pirate Invasion Ogre HP starts to go bonkers after wave 16-17, which is like more than good enough for 99.99% playerbase! :D

So yeah, definitely worth adding the Animus Pets here, see no down side to having some high quality and alternate DPS pet variants!

Well I havent played that map in ages so I had to come up with some sort of build, didnt even remember that there was that boss and it took me 4 minutes to realize that I was dpsing with melee when I had a ranged weapon, god, that happens when I run a map after the nightshift lol.

I do hope the CDT can implement Mambo's suggestion in the next update.

Morning,

Kana here.

From my multiple runs of Palantir survival, the end waves will have 350M HP ogres as well as 700k HP ogres. I know Mambo already mentioned that, but figured I would restate it for a little less "hearsay" in the mix.

The time and effort required to beat this map on survival definitely warrants a better reward. I'd like to see a high end pet added, and the Animus is a great solution.

I am personally in full support of the proposed suggestion.

From my NMHCMM experience ToW > Embermount > Palantir for difficulty. Palantir does take a long time because of the Ogres, though. ToW is pretty much BS.

@Black Mamba quote:

@Double Dark quote:

...if you're interested do check this thread -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/147621/ On the last page I think is the link to the Discord we made(well Harry made), we have resources and a doc file pinned there listing out what stuff needs updating / adding etc. Do take a look and feel free to contribute!

The instant invite is invalid or has expired. I've already contributed a slight amount recently (highwindff). I might be willing to spend part of a day or 2 on it, but no promises.