Sign in to follow this  
quinn the wolf

plz change ancient power system becouse its wortless to get boosted

i understand that you would reset loot but reseting shard levels aswel? i think that is the biggest problem i and most likely many other players will face
i spended more then 1 bilion of gold and 50k+ medals upgrading shards having them reset by the reset in the progress
i am not reseting till this changes
otherwise i dont freaking care those stupid ancient power bullys that terrorize the taverns and matches of us non addicted life having players that cant spend 24/7 playing games becouse we have a life

to say it short
remove reset from shards and only get pets and gear reset
and let us keep our hard earned gold and medals that we used upgrading shards that are over expensive

just an idea (it probaly wont be changed since addiction is the food of every developer or watever things there are people get addicted on(no offence))

but ye i am realy frustrated about the reset system (even so mutch that it merges whit all my other stress things and making me unable to function like an normal human becouse i am constantly thinking about every mistake i made in both games and real life))

i realy hope this idea will be considered and even added
thank you in atvance (if you even read it :/)

i think the system is mostly pathetic and unreliable becouse 1 wrong mouse click and you loose months of insanely hard work

The devs had already recognized that the ancient power system is in need of changes. They have stated here on the forums that theyre looking into changing it, but we the players know only that much.

As far as the one mouse click away from doom. The ancient power can only be obtained from mananode in the public hub. But you can safely see what youre current stats would look like from the inventory screen under powers. Next to ascension.  No click of doom :) .

I don't think that pets, shards, or gear/weapons should reset. All of them are a giant pain to redo. I think the only thing that should happen is that you go back to level 1, but with higher stats than before at level 1. Then you would need to get back to level 50 before you can equip all of your old gear. Pets stay as they are, or pets need a AP system of their own where they get bonus points on the reset as well so that they also advance. Shards should remain untouched. All gear/weapons remain untouched as well. 

This, to me at least, would make the reset much more attractive. I would feel more like i am building on what i have done before, instead of feeling like my save file just got erased. 

Then i would take the whole AP system and turn it on its head. Increase all modifiers by 200-300%. I would also add new abilities like: Double Jump (or even Fly), Increased green mana pick-up range, Add piercing ability to attacks, twin weapons, have an additional life, twin pets, ability to use other class' weapons, etc... I would also add some special cosmetics and animations unique to certain reset levels, like at 10 resets you get a halo around your head or at 15 you glow in the dark. I would add a pet AP system that adds a 2nd ability to them, and adds to their damage scale as well as add a 3rd and maybe 4th stat boost category. Maybe even also add new DEF abilities, like in DD1 the genie who gives you mana refill. 

I would also either completely remove the ability for us to upgrade weapon/gear levels, or find a way to make doing so incredibly more powerful and useful. Right now there is zero reason to upgrade any of it as you will replace it in one map. Onslaught made upgrading useless, as well as the Mule system. Could be a way to tie in the number of resets you have done with the number of levels your gear can be upgraded to? What if you gained the ability to upgrade all of your gear by 5 additional levels for each reset you do? Hmmm... That or maybe a way to "reroll" an existing piece of low level gear you have, but at your current stats. 

Sorry to ramble on in your thread. You got me thinking... Sharkman_insane.png

@Jaws_420 quote:

I don't think that pets, shards, or gear/weapons should reset. All of them are a giant pain to redo. I think the only thing that should happen is that you go back to level 1, but with higher stats than before at level 1. Then you would need to get back to level 50 before you can equip all of your old gear. Pets stay as they are, or pets need a AP system of their own where they get bonus points on the reset as well so that they also advance. Shards should remain untouched. All gear/weapons remain untouched as well. 

This, to me at least, would make the reset much more attractive. I would feel more like i am building on what i have done before, instead of feeling like my save file just got erased. 

Then i would take the whole AP system and turn it on its head. Increase all modifiers by 200-300%. I would also add new abilities like: Double Jump (or even Fly), Increased green mana pick-up range, Add piercing ability to attacks, twin weapons, have an additional life, twin pets, ability to use other class' weapons, etc... I would also add some special cosmetics and animations unique to certain reset levels, like at 10 resets you get a halo around your head or at 15 you glow in the dark. I would add a pet AP system that adds a 2nd ability to them, and adds to their damage scale as well as add a 3rd and maybe 4th stat boost category. Maybe even also add new DEF abilities, like in DD1 the genie who gives you mana refill. 

I would also either completely remove the ability for us to upgrade weapon/gear levels, or find a way to make doing so incredibly more powerful and useful. Right now there is zero reason to upgrade any of it as you will replace it in one map. Onslaught made upgrading useless, as well as the Mule system. Could be a way to tie in the number of resets you have done with the number of levels your gear can be upgraded to? What if you gained the ability to upgrade all of your gear by 5 additional levels for each reset you do? Hmmm... That or maybe a way to "reroll" an existing piece of low level gear you have, but at your current stats. 

quite a good idea but remembr that most developers can be very greedy :/

@Lagmonster quote:

Just nerf the gear in a similar way to mastery, with a slow progression per floor upto full unlock on floor 55.

if you have this when having randomized enemys and mutators
the it would make 1 match whit cyborcs 99.9999999999% impossible or beter said almost nobody wins :/...

thoug you have thaught good about it ;D XD

@quinn the wolf quote:

oh yes, i so agree. In fact i bank on that concept. I try to think of things that i would actually spend money for, and what would motivate me to either pull out my wallet, or just keep playing vs. the things that make me put the controller down and turn my PS4 off. My hopes are to keep the game fun enough that we all love playing it, even if it is an endless grind. DD1 did this in spades. It did not have an AP/POTA system in it, but the only reason i stopped playing it was the servers got turned off (and my PS3 melted down....again). 

Fun comes first. if we are having fun, we will keep forking $$$ over without realizing it or caring. This is where DD2 is having major issues right now. Many of the elite players are simply not having fun...so they are leaving, or complaining. I don't blame them at all. I am just trying to find that spark that reignites the fun factor. I want DD2 to be >>>>>>>than DD1, but it has a ways to go to get there. Hence threads like this... Sharkman_insane.png

@quinn the wolf quote:

Huh? You're pulling my leg. They made the game FREE (minus overpriced micro-transactions)! Clearly they're not after money! Next you're going to tell me that DD2 starting out as a MOBA 3 years ago was them hoping on a highly profitable band wagon rather than making their avid fans happy... Just crazy talk...

Sarcastic and extremely cynical comment aside... I personally find resetting gear to be fine, since the game has been designed to get you that gear EXTREMELY quickly, but I definitely agree with you on the shards and pets.

I also personally feel that while the concept of the level drop itself isn't bad, I think its a tad bit too extreme of a loss given one of our biggest boons from resetting is the increased ascension cap we're now miles away from, with far too little EXP and stat bonuses with each reset to compensate for it. Especially when you consider how long it takes to beat a single 3 floor map.

@Jaws_420 quote:

@quinn the wolf quote:

oh yes, i so agree. In fact i bank on that concept. I try to think of things that i would actually spend money for, and what would motivate me to either pull out my wallet, or just keep playing vs. the things that make me put the controller down and turn my PS4 off. My hopes are to keep the game fun enough that we all love playing it, even if it is an endless grind. DD1 did this in spades. It did not have an AP/POTA system in it, but the only reason i stopped playing it was the servers got turned off (and my PS3 melted down....again). 

Fun comes first. if we are having fun, we will keep forking $$$ over without realizing it or caring. This is where DD2 is having major issues right now. Many of the elite players are simply not having fun...so they are leaving, or complaining. I don't blame them at all. I am just trying to find that spark that reignites the fun factor. I want DD2 to be >>>>>>>than DD1, but it has a ways to go to get there. Hence threads like this... Sharkman_insane.png

i never played dd1 but the storys i hear seem to be right XD...
and youre absolutely right dd2 has a issure spree and the devs need to think more about dd2
like when it comes to the resets reeset loot but not shards or make genderswaps FULL whit unique abilitys and lots of more stuff even if dd1 didnt had that idc this is dd2

@xArcAngel quote:
@quinn the wolf quote:

Huh? You're pulling my leg. They made the game FREE (minus overpriced micro-transactions)! Clearly they're not after money! Next you're going to tell me that DD2 starting out as a MOBA 3 years ago was them hoping on a highly profitable band wagon rather than making their avid fans happy... Just crazy talk...

Sarcastic and extremely cynical comment aside... I personally find resetting gear to be fine, since the game has been designed to get you that gear EXTREMELY quickly, but I definitely agree with you on the shards and pets.

I also personally feel that while the concept of the level drop itself isn't bad, I think its a tad bit too extreme of a loss given one of our biggest boons from resetting is the increased ascension cap we're now miles away from, with far too little EXP and stat bonuses with each reset to compensate for it. Especially when you consider how long it takes to beat a single 3 floor map.

you are right, the loot drops and regrinding makes it fun but they NEED to leave the shards and pets be
shards becouse they are moneydrainers (talking about gold and medals (mostly hypershards))
and pets becouse they arrent changing gameplay alot
some abilitys get used every 30-60 seconds thus do not make a large change
and pets are quite frusrtrating to lvl up

for everyone that reads this i need help whit some mechanics f the forum
i want to make a poll and let the comunity give their opinion so i and many other players can hope and make clear that this isnt exactly handy for both players, dd2 affection and trendys reputation
i have seen many games come and fall (depending on how they deal whit problems ofc) and mostly fall becouse the developers only were waching after money
and for trendy as how they made dd2 free and being playable whitoud buing lots of stuff and making high prices so players dont buy stuff too fast
i believe trendy will return to his senses unlike rilisoft that is now scamming people or some 3rth party companys ive found
come on treendy i and probaly lots of players know that dd2 is awesome and that us players can give all sorts of opinions XD

@Jaws_420 quote:

Didn't read it all, Needed a TLDR ;-)
What I did read makes sense.

What about this, though:
When we reset, our heroes go back to level 1/50. basically the beginning of campaign. However, our gear/shards/relics stay at their pre-reset levels (and gold and DM's). This way, there is still a point where we are "weak" for a time, but the costs are significantly less. Then when we hit level 50, we are back to full power 4 heroes at a time.

If we only have 4 heroes, then full power comes within 4-6 hours. If we have 56 heroes, for example, then we will need to run 56/4=14  hero decks to level 50. I can't see trendy just letting us keep everything pre-reset. There would have to be some give by us, the players.

TCPOP

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

What about this, though:
When we reset, our heroes go back to level 1/50. basically the beginning of campaign. However, our gear/shards/relics stay at their pre-reset levels (and gold and DM's). This way, there is still a point where we are "weak" for a time, but the costs are significantly less. Then when we hit level 50, we are back to full power 4 heroes at a time.

If we only have 4 heroes, then full power comes within 4-6 hours. If we have 56 heroes, for example, then we will need to run 56/4=14  hero decks to level 50. I can't see trendy just letting us keep everything pre-reset. There would have to be some give by us, the players.

TCPOP

No offense, but personally, I don't find this to be a good solution. It is way too easy to get to lvl 50 and gain back access to all our stuff. It also doesn't alleviate the giant time sink required to reach floor 65 again. It only makes that time sink feel even more uninteresting, since we'll just be AFK through it.

I think the concept of a hefty cost is kinda crucial to making this looping system work in any regards (not that I particularly wanted it...). I just think it just can't be an ABSURD cost like with shards and pets, and has to have a reward that feels WORTH the time sink and cost (looking at you 1% DP bonus, with an ascension cap bonus we never get to use...)

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

What about this, though:

TCPOP

LOL, abridged version. 

I like that idea. I think the time between reset and back to full power should be fairly minimal. I don't want to spend a lot of time back at level 1, like i just started the game yesterday (but with 5% more). Considering how much gold you have to spend to re-level shards, i am amazed at how they think the tiny gold bonus we get from the reset will offset that. Not to mention the time it takes to level the pets. 

Ooh, speaking of pets and going back to reworking the pet system. i would love t not only see pets reworked in the AP system, but also a way to combine newly acquired eggs to their development. I have been playing for a small bit, but already i have all of the basic pets. I was doing runs all weekend, and i got so many pet eggs....then hatched them all....then just deleted them all. Don't even get gold for selling them. What on earth are you supposed to do with all of these eggs? I would love to either have the rate at which pet eggs dropped severely, or find some way to use the eggs. i mean c'mon, how often to end game players ever get a new pet that they keep and raise? What if the eggs were used in some ability unlock for the pet, or a powering up system for pet AP. I mean each egg could = 1 point of ascension like upgrades. IDK, just something to make the reason i have a full page of eggs worth my time. 

@xArcAngel quote:

No offense, but personally, I don't find this to be a good solution. It is way too easy to get to lvl 50 and gain back access to all our stuff. It also doesn't alleviate the giant time sink required to reach floor 65 again. It only makes that time sink feel even more uninteresting, since we'll just be AFK through it.

I think the concept of a hefty cost is kinda crucial to making this looping system work in any regards (not that I particularly wanted it...). I just think it just can't be an ABSURD cost like with shards and pets, and has to have a reward that feels WORTH the time sink and cost (looking at you 1% DP bonus, with an ascension cap bonus we never get to use...)

I think it being easy is the point. For those of us who are not super deep into the end game, you likely still have a lot of things left to do. The thought of doing those things and the re-grind are kind few unthinkable.  However, once you have done pretty much most of what you wanted to do (in the current version at least), i can greatly see the appeal of the re-grind. Something to do! 

I just think we should want more. I don't want an endless re-looping prestige system that has no end-goal to it to be my final part of this game. If there were any reason to achieve those levels, something to do with all that power - that may change things some. But right now, all you are doing is replaying the same game levels you have already played now. Oh but wait....with 5% more this time. After hitting the far end game, being back at level one sounds as appealing to me as sledgehammering my PS4. In any game i have previously played that has a reincarnation system, the only ones i remember fondly and enjoyed were ones that got me back to my highest point as fast as possible, with minimal re-grind. 

Having said that, to each their own. if that is how you enjoy the game, so be it. If that is the popular way of enjoying the game, then i am just out of touch. all that means is i will end up leaving the game much sooner i think. Right now i have no desire whatsoever to ever prestige to AP. 

I think the real issue is that we are missing the payoff for the whole AP system apart from minor % bumps. Replaying to keep playing will not make this fresh for me. I still have a ways to go before i do everything in the game though. Ask me again when i am at like 95%. LOL. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

Just to clarify, I HIGHLY detest the reset system. I just felt that having the keeping gear thing completely invalidates the reason for it to exist. And as much as I dislike an infinite loot treadmill, I dislike a pointless infinite treadmill even more. But as you said, to each their own.

@xArcAngel quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

Just to clarify, I HIGHLY detest the reset system. I just felt that having the keeping gear thing completely invalidates the reason for it to exist. And as much as I dislike an infinite loot treadmill, I dislike a pointless infinite treadmill even more. But as you said, to each their own.

It would be amazing if TE could find the balance between these two extremes. Instead of gear going to level 0 or no change - something that does both. Maybe if everything also got a 5% upgrade when leveled up again. I would mind less if i had to relevel everything if it got more powerful in any way. I wouldn't mind releveling my char, as they got more powerful. But my gear/shard/pet - its like it was reset just to poke you in the eye, to slow you down. If everything that was releveled got stronger, that would be waaaaaaay more appealing to me. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

It would be amazing if TE could find the balance between these two extremes. Instead of gear going to level 0 or no change - something that does both. Maybe if everything also got a 5% upgrade when leveled up again. I would mind less if i had to relevel everything if it got more powerful in any way. I wouldn't mind releveling my char, as they got more powerful. But my gear/shard/pet - its like it was reset just to poke you in the eye, to slow you down. If everything that was releveled got stronger, that would be waaaaaaay more appealing to me. 

Hmm... you just kinda gave me an interesting idea. What if the cap increase to ascension ALSO increased the number of upgrades we could get on gear? i.e. if you have a bonus 60 cap to your ascension, legendary gear would have 120 upgrades, and mythic gear 105?

Naturally diminishing returns... Could cap at 999 (Like ascension supposedly does)... Would give us a way that we can experience the increased power instantly (at the cost of gold), and I don't think it would be TOO overpowered cause the already small gains from upgrading.

If Trendy were to rework the gating system in some way, then people could even skip chaos tiers and floors because of how much stronger they are, GENUINELY making the grind faster each time (albeit more expensive if you chose to speed it up).

Combined with a better reason to go further into onslaught (i.e. more gold for these ever more expensive upgrades and EXP for ascension), I think it could make a more enjoyable and interesting experience.

Any oppinions?

@xArcAngel quote:

Hmm... you just kinda gave me an interesting idea. What if the cap increase to ascension ALSO increased the number of upgrades we could get on gear? i.e. if you have a bonus 60 cap to your ascension, legendary gear would have 120 upgrades, and mythic gear 105?

Naturally diminishing returns... Could cap at 999 (Like ascension supposedly does)... Would give us a way that we can experience the increased power instantly (at the cost of gold), and I don't think it would be TOO overpowered cause the already small gains from upgrading.

If Trendy were to rework the gating system in some way, then people could even skip chaos tiers and floors because of how much stronger they are, GENUINELY making the grind faster each time (albeit more expensive if you chose to speed it up).

Combined with a better reason to go further into onslaught (i.e. more gold for these ever more expensive upgrades and EXP for ascension), I think it could make a more enjoyable and interesting experience.

Any oppinions?

Yeah, i like that idea a lot. It is one i put on another thread somewhere. It would be an incentive for me if my gear got like 5 more levels, or i gained 5% stats to my shard, or my pet gained like 5 more levels or a new ability. Something. ANYTHING. 

Useless things in the game drive me nuts. Like collecting pet eggs. I just delete the vast majority of them. why not rework those into a leveling system. I would really love it if we could reroll a weapon's stats, so that it would rescale to your current iPWR level. Thereby making all legendaries useful again. I think the Ascension system could incorporate these kinds of ideas into it. 

I really like your gating idea too. I think that right there is a key to making the AP system work. Well, that and a reason to grind....like a bonus stage, boss level, C8....

I bought 3 DLC's  with real money which included millions in gold which I then used to upgrades shards, relics weapons and armor. With the reset they take away stuff you paid for with nothing in return. To me that is akin to stealing. Get a rope boys

I still think they should give us a “lockbox” with a limited number of slots that we could stick some weapons/pets or so in it and then reset and perhaps we can’t get back to the gear until back at floor 65. They could even charge for the lockbox slots....

@Ziggo quote:

I bought 3 DLC's  with real money which included millions in gold which I then used to upgrades shards, relics weapons and armor. With the reset they take away stuff you paid for with nothing in return. To me that is akin to stealing. 

i think this is a very important point you have made. 

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

What about this, though:

TCPOP

i have mixed feelings about this idea becouse some mechanics alone can be pretty hard to understand

@xArcAngel quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

i argree
loops are weakly said ultra boring

@xArcAngel quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:

Any oppinions?

well well XD

this is an very great idea!
1 extra thoug
let everyone keep the shard upgrades (they already are moneydrainers) and then having higher lvl loot per reset (it will decrease the overall cost but makes it eazier)
but the rest is just perfect!

i hope that the trendy devs are reading this right now!

@Ziggo quote:

I bought 3 DLC's  with real money which included millions in gold which I then used to upgrades shards, relics weapons and armor. With the reset they take away stuff you paid for with nothing in return. To me that is akin to stealing. Get a rope boys

youre right!, it IS like stealing >:(

(stealing is 1 of the many crimes a person can comit that makes me personaly hate the specefic person so mutch that i insist to have them punnished for the rest of their lives (even if i am just 16 and dont have power in that))
again i hope the devs are reading this

it seems there are lots of things that needs to be changed
and plz lets all hope that trendy will change it
and if not then i bet alot of people will leave dd2 forgood @#TRENDY!!!

so plz read this and retink this update >;(

You keep your gold tho, they're not taking it away. Everyone has to spend gold on their resets, not just you.

Get your facts straight about what stealing is about 

@zyzyzymeth quote:

You keep your gold tho, they're not taking it away. Everyone has to spend gold on their resets, not just you.

Get your facts straight about what stealing is about  Why don't we have a discussion about this and talk it out. 

I think it was not a rant about their pocket being picked - but all of our pockets. If you paid real money for gold, and any spent gold is being invalidated by the reset - then the gold that you were given when you bought it was point in fact taken back. You don't keep any gold spent, and the only reason to have gold is to spend it. The reset either dis-encourages you to spend your gold (and what in the heck is the point of having it then), or in a way it is stealing it back from you. Especially since the 5% gain you get likely does not offset the amount of gold you have spent at that point. I think there is a valid argument here. 

And i might encourage you to take the attitude down about a notch or two, as your last sentence is kind of unnecessarily hostile. No issue in making valid arguments here, as you did, but you don't gotta make it all personal at the end. We are a community. I fixed it for you. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@zyzyzymeth quote:

Get your facts straight about what stealing is about  Why don't we have a discussion about this and talk it out. 

I think it was not a rant about their pocket being picked - but all of our pockets. If you paid real money for gold, and any spent gold is being invalidated by the reset - then the gold that you were given when you bought it was point in fact taken back. You don't keep any gold spent, and the only reason to have gold is to spend it. The reset either dis-encourages you to spend your gold (and what in the heck is the point of having it then), or in a way it is stealing it back from you. Especially since the 5% gain you get likely does not offset the amount of gold you have spent at that point. I think there is a valid argument here. 

And i might encourage you to take the attitude down about a notch or two, as your last sentence is kind of unnecessarily hostile. No issue in making valid arguments here, as you did, but you don't gotta make it all personal at the end. We are a community. I fixed it for you. 

It's not invalidated, you don't have to spend the time farming gold for another reset. Enough gold -> another reset. Call it a gamemechanic/moneysink but not stealing lol. Again, everyone has to do it, not just you.

We don't have to talk something out when I literally pointed out that it is not stealing in one sentence and I will point out that at least the OP should read/inform himself about stealing and everyone who agrees with his original post