Sign in to follow this  
ColobelSpike82

Trendy, A dad needs still help

Hello,

I really love this game. I am father of 2 children, have a job and a wife,  friends and the need for some sleep and I donot always have too much time for playing DD2.

I needed several times for winning Floor 60 because I donot have alwas the time to play for over 1 hour.

I really enjoy and use the retry and reroll option, but after finishing 2 of the 3 maps with, let me say 2 retries/rerolls, i spend around 1,5 hours and do not have more time for finishing the third map. So I have to try and to try .... but with a family time goes by .... playing 2 hours and more without a break isnt possible for me.

So please change the 3 map system ore let me save my progression.

Thanks

Spike

Yeah, this is basically why we should be able to save progress in onslaught, it's not meant to take you longer than 1.5 hours (no offense) but that is not an excuse to have the people who spend more time per onslaught floor do 3 maps in a row and expect them to have time for that, espescially with an active familylife.

If you're on pc, you can probably setup a macro that pushes a random button every so often ( protip : use google) which is a workaround for timing out.  (Is it against the rules? I dont know actually)

the point is you shouldn't have to set up a macro or 3rd party software to play the game. it should be progressively saved. I have a family and job as well and only get an hour of free time to unwind myself. So I completely support this change for i do not have that time to spend on the game as i used to. Trendy please see how feasible this change could be, it will help out players like us and for the people it will not affect it could save progress if there is a game crash. so it is only positive changes all around. 

@zyzyzymeth quote:

Yeah, this is basically why we should be able to save progress in onslaught, it's not meant to take you longer than 1.5 hours (no offense) but that is not an excuse to have the people who spend more time per onslaught floor do 3 maps in a row and expect them to have time for that, espescially with an active familylife.

If you're on pc, you can probably setup a macro that pushes a random button every so often ( protip : use google) which is a workaround for timing out.  (Is it against the rules? I dont know actually)

I'm on ps4 so this afk prevention doesnt work for me ;) thanks.

The game already saves your actual floor level, for me lvl 61.

Is it such difficult to save the map status together with floor level, so for me lvl 61 - 2 of 3 ?

So i could start lvl 60 - 3 of 3 the next time it is possible for me to play.

This would be a great help for me.

Thanks a lot TRENDY

Basic question: Can someone of the dev team please enlight us by telling why there is a need for 3 maps per floor anyway?

Wouldn't it be more comfortable if the waves would take a bit longer but the basic system would be similar to DD1's survival?

The idea of 3 maps itself isn't bad, but I agree that not being to save your progress between maps does suck espescially now that we're able to infinetely retry a map anyway. 

Before, onslaught actually required you to win all 3 maps in a row in order for you to progress, which was pretty much all the difficulty that was behind onslaught (assuming you're familiar with how to build in onslaught/are an semi-experienced player). 

Now that that's gone, I dont see why trendy shouldn't work towards the ability to save not only your floor progress, but also map progress in a floor. 

Hello Trendy,

yesterday i tried Floor 61 again, but wasnt sucessful :(

I reached the third map but had no more time for the last map... children went to bed....

after that... i tried again... but daughter didnt wanna sleep... i only had the time for my second try of map 1 :(

Please Trendy help me, i loose the fun playing this way. Thanks

Same today Trendy,

Floor 61 Map 1 of 3 -> it takes 20 minutes

Floor 61 Map 2 of 3 -> 35 minutes (one retry)

Floor 61 Map 3 of 3 -> 15 minutes but no more time :(((((((

Would you please help me.

Me and my buddy got  some time yesterday to do some floors. Started at 9am finished at 930pm with a few breaks for dinner and other items. so play time was around 8 to 9 hours and we went from floor 66 to 71. Pretty much a full day for 6 floors it really is a lot of time. In reality we typically get 1 floor a night in 1.5 to 2 hours to completion. 

Long time to 114 lol I don't know how those guys on the leader board do it

Now i was successful with floor 61, but it is always the same, floors gettin more and more difficult, so reaching higher floors become more and more impossible for me not having too much time.

@uzar quote:

Me and my buddy got  some time yesterday to do some floors. Started at 9am finished at 930pm with a few breaks for dinner and other items. so play time was around 8 to 9 hours and we went from floor 66 to 71. Pretty much a full day for 6 floors it really is a lot of time. In reality we typically get 1 floor a night in 1.5 to 2 hours to completion. 

Long time to 114 lol I don't know how those guys on the leader board do it

Well right now I'm sitting on 123, it sadly just takes time. After a while you'll start to notice the same maps being constantly recycled. Lots of different mutators use very similar builds so that help with time a little. But I'd argue that it can be faster solo. Less stats for the mobs. Less time planning strategies and sharing resources. If you under build or over build on purpose there's less confusion where the hero DPS needs to be.  Of course tho multiplayer is more fun, and helps the game live longer.

@Rude..Boy quote:

I basically stopped playing because of the missing save option in onslaught. I just don't have to time to play three maps in a row.

I don't have the time either :(

I'll be back when they add the option.

@Dreizehn quote:

Basic question: Can someone of the dev team please enlight us by telling why there is a need for 3 maps per floor anyway?

Wouldn't it be more comfortable if the waves would take a bit longer but the basic system would be similar to DD1's survival?

This is what I really wish they would of done (but maybe thats just DD1 nostalgia again... since survival was my favorite mode and I much prefer 1 long map with 1 setup than many small ones)

Having maps with different wave counts kinda changes what towers are best in some situations because of consolidation of mana, and having more waves for more upgrades. Especially back before they changed up things trying to make the same mana spent give you the same damage increase.

Imagine if we still had the old Maw that was a god at T5 but garbage at T1 on a 10 or 15 wave map? Or when proximity traps had 5x the DPS at T5, but there was so many you never got the mana to see it?

@Dreizehn quote:

I can answer that one. It's because Trendy can't balance difficulty around gameplay so they balance difficulty around players' time constraints and odds of random disconnects.

@zyzyzymeth quote:

The idea of 3 maps itself isn't bad, but I agree that not being to save your progress between maps does suck espescially now that we're able to infinetely retry a map anyway. 

Before, onslaught actually required you to win all 3 maps in a row in order for you to progress, which was pretty much all the difficulty that was behind onslaught (assuming you're familiar with how to build in onslaught/are an semi-experienced player). 

Now that that's gone, I dont see why trendy shouldn't work towards the ability to save not only your floor progress, but also map progress in a floor. 

To be more specific:

Old Onslaught was 1 map. We set it up & upgrade until we can't anymore.

Each "wave" had 3 "turns" (I guess we can call them that).

It went like this:
Wave 1 Turn 1 

Wave 1 Turn 2

Wave 1 Turn 3

Wave 2 Turn 1

Wave 2 Turn 2

Wave 2 Turn 3

Wave 3 Turn 1
Wave 3 Turn 2

Wave 3 Turn 3

etc. etc. etc. until we died/quit/were disconnected

We did not get more mana from a chest until the next "wave" But enemies would drop mana.

I suspect the new onslaught is based around this idea. That said, the old system took less time per wave since we did not have to rebuild nor did we have new lanes open up unless we lost a sub objective. Overall, a person could spend hours upon hours in Onslaught as it had 75+ waves (100+?). 

The nice thing about that version is that at waves 15, 25, 35, 45, etc. we got a golden pet (if we chose pets) or a unique special weapon (If we chose that option). This seems to be lacking in the current Onslaught (aside from cool looking flair).

Hopefully Trendy gives us some cool looking weapons at certain floors and/or A shard of our choosing (from a selection of 5 shards) or something like that. Among other things already discussed in many other threads.

I do agree that it would be useful/helpful/amazing if we could save our progress per map. :)

TCPOP

Onslaught wave 3/3 4 enemies left and then game over, 3 re-rolls but people waiting for me...life won. I don't think i can play a game that I cannot progress (i get one shot a week to do 3 waves and this is what happened this week). Days like today i wish i was a kid with no job playing a free game. Forget the paying people who have responsibilities :(

Soon as this happened i thought of this thread and wanted to bring it back from the obscurity of beyond page 1 in a forum..out of mind, out of sight....