Frost enemys in Onslaught

Hi there,

im currently beat Floor 64 with my Buddy and it took us quite some time but so far we only had problems with lanes which are filled with frost enemys.

Is there a certain build or tower which helps against them? the little meele yetis are rly strong and tanky aswell, the frozen cyborgs freeze towers which touch them and so on.

Depending on the volume and modifiers, I'd normally do something like 1-2 Ramsters, 0-2  Slimes, 1-3 bees. 

If controlled burn: add 1-2 pdt.

Trivial mod, low volume would be 1 ram, 1 slime +2 bees. I put the ram right behind the tree, and the slime about halfway up the ramster's coverage. So the slimes do aoe and slow. the ram finishes the Aoe and the bees clean up the stragglers

@BeerGoggles quote:

Depending on the volume and modifiers, I'd normally do something like 1-2 Ramsters, 0-2  Slimes, 1-3 bees. 

If controlled burn: add 1-2 pdt.

Trivial mod, low volume would be 1 ram, 1 slime +2 bees. I put the ram right behind the tree, and the slime about halfway up the ramster's coverage. So the slimes do aoe and slow. the ram finishes the Aoe and the bees clean up the stragglers

Sounds good . Going to try that out. Thanks :)

3 ballistas solves all problems:) when you have high crit in them they just beat the frost line.

For 180 DU I think this is currently most effective defense vs frost lines with correct shards.

which shards?

@atharix quote:

3 ballistas solves all problems:) when you have high crit in them they just beat the frost line.

For 180 DU I think this is currently most effective defense vs frost lines with correct shards.

I just spam ballistas and cannons, that melts everything 

@BeerGoggles quote:

which shards?

@atharix quote:

I second this, cannons or ballistas shred, my shard setup is mass destruction, power transfer and deadly strikes, if you go full power / crit build it’s pretty destructive but I found you really don’t need that high of crit damage. I focus on pure damage on ballistas since when you put like 3 in a lane as he said they can hit for like 1.8 million without crits. Which when you factor in their insane range with deadly strikes you’re damage pool is amazing. Then factor in the occasional crit and you are doing almost 3 million damage a hit, it’s quite nice. 

Good point bro, I tried both, and actually you dont need deadly strikes for ballista, range is enough. Try replace the deadly strikes and you will see the difference. WIth good placement you dont need that.

Mine is doing 4.7M crit and as they are 3 you have 3x30% chance of crit that. I am using mark with OIL, CRIT power and power transfer. So all enemies are usually slowed by 40% this is quite important it can mean 3-4 extra shots compared to not slowed ones.

Works pretty well for me, but yours with 1.8M standard dmg is not bad at all. I think both options works.

@atharix quote:

Good point bro, I tried both, and actually you dont need deadly strikes for ballista, range is enough. Try replace the deadly strikes and you will see the difference. WIth good placement you dont need that.

Mine is doing 4.7M crit and as they are 3 you have 3x30% chance of crit that. I am using mark with OIL, CRIT power and power transfer. So all enemies are usually slowed by 40% this is quite important it can mean 3-4 extra shots compared to not slowed ones.

Works pretty well for me, but yours with 1.8M standard dmg is not bad at all. I think both options works.

I like that, they Do have high range, I’ll give a run on the bonus damage shard

Considering the introduction of Burn, it is rediculous that some people get oil shard and some don’t. It is practically a game changing shard. If you have a burn lane with frosties and cyborgs that are resistant to magic (higher damage for physical) anyone with this shard has a MASSIVE benefit. There is literally nothing comparable. I have to spam PDTs and Bees to compensate at likely near 2x the DU as using oil ballista. TE - let us all have access to this!!!! I would love to play with a build using ballista for burn lanes.

Yeap I was thinking about that when I was writing the reply and checked the shard forum after that.

Yes for me is not understandable that this awesome shard was just disabled for others.

It has actually pretty huge value with combination of flame aura with extra range.

Hopefully it will be back soon.

Anyway this shard is not so superior to other shards - you still can melt frosties with 3 ballistas theres no question about it. You dont need oily for that - it just makes things easier.

@atharix quote:

Yeap I was thinking about that when I was writing the reply and checked the shard forum after that.

Yes for me is not understandable that this awesome shard was just disabled for others.

It has actually pretty huge value with combination of flame aura with extra range.

Hopefully it will be back soon.

Anyway this shard is not so superior to other shards - you still can melt frosties with 3 ballistas theres no question about it. You dont need oily for that - it just makes things easier.

But considering then “cost” of burn lane management - it would be a HUGE shard to have.  It gives a certain group of people an additional unique option to deal with them that another group doesn’t get. That doesn’t seem right. TE should do something about it.

@Love_Lucky_777 quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Yeah, they aren't unfortunately. Patch 19.5.....

Bunch of cool shards were taken away too. Hopefully they'll be back in Chaos VIII or IX.

If they ever come out...

Fortunately, they are actually :) Lawlta mentioned it in this thread : Chaos 8 / 9 / 10 ?

Just gonna put the quote here ;)

We have more chaos tiers planned for later. Right now our focus is on our new game mode which you will have by the end of the year! :)

And there's two bugs does seem to unintentionally reveal what the new enemies could be?

QGNwtFB.jpg

HWfZJGU.jpg

[[166314,users]], could these be what we're gonna face in future Chaos difficulty? 

Gnash is the Berserker aka Lady Orc special boss from Chaos 4 Trials. Tuskar is everywhere. The Tuskar icon is a bug akaik, (showing the witherbeast icon) but not the boss itself.

@Juicebags quote:

Gnash is the Berserker aka Lady Orc special boss from Chaos 4 Trials. Tuskar is everywhere. The Tuskar icon is a bug akaik, (showing the witherbeast icon) but not the boss itself.

Yeah....I know, but shouldn't Gnash have an icon of a Berserker Orc? And nor was that icon the (actual) Lady Orcs's icon.

Emoji_LadyOrc.png Looks totally different, doesn't it?

The bugged "witherbeast" icon for Tuskar doesn't look like a witherbeast either...

Emoji_Witherbeast.png Major differences.