Best Character To Buy For C7?

Okay, so I'm about 1k away from enough DM to buy a new character, but I don't know who to buy. I've been leaning towards the Mystic because of her barricade, but I always seem to see the Dryad's Cloud tower in C7 games. I plan on getting all the characters in time, but right now I would like to know who would best help for C7. I already have EV.

For c7 all you really need a a good aura. For anything else ramsters are quite handy.  Fissures are helpful. Gunwitch has insane crowd control. Mystic does have good walls but can be kinda buggy at times. I really don't use the dryad all that much but with range on her traps she's very devastating. All really depends on what you're looking at doing aside from chaos

@Lagmonster quote:

For c7 all you really need a a good aura. For anything else ramsters are quite handy.  Fissures are helpful. Gunwitch has insane crowd control. Mystic does have good walls but can be kinda buggy at times. I really don't use the dryad all that much but with range on her traps she's very devastating. All really depends on what you're looking at doing aside from chaos

Well, I still need to do Mastery and from what I've heard, the Dryad is good at that (or maybe it's Onslaught). So many options :/

Well for most game modes the dryad would probably be the better choice. As far as mastery is concerned have all characters makes it a bit easier just for the sake of the added choices of defenses. The only thing that keeps me from using the dryad is to get the damage buff you have to play as her.  I myself prefer ranged attack vs melee. That and book drop has saved my game to many times to count. Have you tried the other characters by using the portal in town ? Might give you a little insight

@Lagmonster quote:

Well for most game modes the dryad would probably be the better choice. As far as mastery is concerned have all characters makes it a bit easier just for the sake of the added choices of defenses. The only thing that keeps me from using the dryad is to get the damage buff you have to play as her.  I myself prefer ranged attack vs melee. That and book drop has saved my game to many times to count. Have you tried the other characters by using the portal in town ? Might give you a little insight

I have, I already have the Adept and the Initiate is no different than the Monk, but the Dryad and The Abyss Lord are the other two. The Dryad seems fun to me, but the Abyss Lord doesn't seem like a lot of fun to play. Other than that, those are the only characters I always get, unless there is a way to choose more people to test.

The only thing I use the abysslord for is the ramsters . it doesn't matter what you pit them in front of the damage it. Geodes, shields all fall before the ramsters they are a pricy alternative when you can't place an aura

@Lagmonster quote:

Does the Gunwitch have a good way to deal with Siege Rollers?

Mind you, there are 25 maps in Mastery where Dryad cannot be used. There are an additional 17 maps where her use is limited (Equal Opportunity). That said, I would get the heroes in the following order: Dryad>EV2>Mystic>Abyss Lord/Gunwitch/Lavamancer>Adept/Initiate. Here's why:

• Dryad - The most versatile when you put Deadly and Vicious Strikes in her tree. As dps, Starfall is useful for dealing with zerkers, bosses and large groups of enemies. Her shrooms are handy for slowing enemies and dealing damage.
  • EV2 - In general a good dps'er, has reflect beams for hex throwers/frost goblins/etc., weapon manufacturers and proton nodes.
  • Mystic - Has Obelisks that can be used as walls whilst smiting enemies from afar (shortens wave time), walls that lift enemies, snaking sands for slowing/stunning and a couple other defenses useful for satisfying Diversity.
  • Abyss Lord - Has arguably the best crowd control, a healing fountain that can boost speed/decrease enemy damage, ramsters for dealing with large groups of enemies and instantaneous defense placement that comes in handy when recovering lanes.
  • Gunwitch - For crowd control, dps and flying. Because her abilities can pierce shields and walls, she's especially handy for dealing with stuck bosses where EV2 can't reach (like Dragonfall Bazaar). Also, because she has abilities in place of defenses, you'll likely have a more enjoyable using her than other dps heroes.
  • Lavamancer - Has volcanoes that can be used as walls, fissures of embermount that can be built next to each other (unlike flame auras), oil geysers for slowing enemies (or stunning with the right shard) and fast travel (which comes in handy for large maps like Bastille or Forest Biome).
  • Adept & Initiate - Nothing to say except Adept's Hailstorm Tower is unreliable as Anti-Air.

@IWantToDie quote:

Does the Gunwitch have a good way to deal with Siege Rollers?

Any hero can deal with Siege Rollers effectively, they just need to be built right. You can build a monk to one-shot siege rollers (max heroic presence & hero damage ascension skills, equip gear with hero power, equip heroic power & power gambit shards, equip a pet with a 2500%+ hero damage projectile). To answer your question though, Gunwitch can stack Book Drop, Blunder Broom Buster and Ghost Wail for extra damage, then Scatter Sweep and finish with an Ice Needle.

@Sn/+/per quote:

Mind you, there are 25 maps in Mastery where Dryad cannot be used. There are an additional 17 maps where her use is limited (Equal Opportunity). That said, I would get the heroes in the following order: Dryad>EV2>Mystic>Abyss Lord/Gunwitch/Lavamancer>Adept/Initiate. Here's why:

• Dryad - The most versatile when you put Deadly and Vicious Strikes in her tree. As dps, Starfall is useful for dealing with zerkers, bosses and large groups of enemies. Her shrooms are handy for slowing enemies and dealing damage.
  • EV2 - In general a good dps'er, has reflect beams for hex throwers/frost goblins/etc., weapon manufacturers and proton nodes.
  • Mystic - Has Obelisks that can be used as walls whilst smiting enemies from afar (shortens wave time), walls that lift enemies, snaking sands for slowing/stunning and a couple other defenses useful for satisfying Diversity.
  • Abyss Lord - Has arguably the best crowd control, a healing fountain that can boost speed/decrease enemy damage, ramsters for dealing with large groups of enemies and instantaneous defense placement that comes in handy when recovering lanes.
  • Gunwitch - For crowd control, dps and flying. Because her abilities can pierce shields and walls, she's especially handy for dealing with stuck bosses where EV2 can't reach (like Dragonfall Bazaar). Also, because she has abilities in place of defenses, you'll likely have a more enjoyable using her than other dps heroes.
  • Lavamancer - Has volcanoes that can be used as walls, fissures of embermount that can be built next to each other (unlike flame auras), oil geysers for slowing enemies (or stunning with the right shard) and fast travel (which comes in handy for large maps like Bastille or Forest Biome).
  • Adept & Initiate - Nothing to say except Adept's Hailstorm Tower is unreliable as Anti-Air.

Thanks! I'll probably end up getting the Dryad since I already have EV.